News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

why do people hate Clovis West?

Started by flexmac3, March 02, 2011, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightsrule04

Quote from: izne1home on March 11, 2024, 08:00:49 PMNot sure about now, but back in the day it wasn't hatred.  It was envy driven by inferiority and inequality. 

Nah if it says Clovis, it's hatred where I come from.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

Cristobal

Growing up in Sanger playing against CUSD schools growing up we all had a strong hatred and respect after taking lots of L's. In the end it only made us better and made it that much sweeter when we would get the occasional KO.  "Nothing but sad country music on the bus ride home for those boys"

I guess that is the difference between the old and new breed

TeddyKGB

we need to get back to were having  healthy hate for our rivals and enemies was not only accepted but welcomed. I was taught that garces, Russians and all Commie pinkos were my enemies and that is still ingrained in me. We have gone way to far into acceptance and tolerance...

one of the best scenes from a great 80s movie...

izne1home

Quote from: knightsrule04 on March 13, 2024, 08:57:39 PMNah if it says Clovis, it's hatred where I come from.

... and it runs deep.  Always seemed to be a homecoming game. 

Bullard Hoover was bad, but Bullard Clovis was different.  I think it was worse when there was only one Clovis school.  The rivalry was concentrated. 

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 14, 2024, 09:23:07 AMone of the best scenes from a great 80s movie...

I thought Brokeback Mountain was your favorite inspirational movie.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 14, 2024, 09:42:04 AMI thought Brokeback Mountain was your favorite inspirational movie.

no you've confused me with the Clovis cowboys...

CleverUserName

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 13, 2024, 11:51:35 AMwasn't the Clovis city motto: "Where Men are Men and the Sheep are nervous"

Yeah, with the gun racks in our trucks...sheep weren't the only ones nervous. ;)

TeddyKGB

Clovis High guy consoling a CW guy in 07 after Pete Mitchell kicked a last second FG to capture the title for the Drillers

Darth Backer

Oh, they're all buddies now. "All-Stars" and travel ball is to blame for that.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on March 14, 2024, 12:38:50 PMOh, they're all buddies now. "All-Stars" and travel ball is to blame for that.

and social media

izne1home

Quote from: CleverUserName on March 14, 2024, 11:38:40 AMYeah, with the gun racks in our trucks...sheep weren't the only ones nervous. ;)

Which is exactly why Clovis never experienced any game-week antics.  We used to trash the Hoover campus with blue paint, blue dye in their pool, fig trees in their plaza..., on top of dating all their cheerleaders (probably the hottest in FUSD in the 70s).

But nobody was crazy enough to drive all the way out to Clovis. It really was a way of life back then.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 14, 2024, 01:33:40 PM..., on top of dating all their cheerleaders (probably the hottest in FUSD in the 70s).

these are the cheerleaders you're referring to?...I can't believe you Bullard guys got them to wear a B on their unis

CleverUserName

Quote from: izne1home on March 14, 2024, 01:33:40 PMWhich is exactly why Clovis never experienced any game-week antics.  We used to trash the Hoover campus with blue paint, blue dye in their pool, fig trees in their plaza..., on top of dating all their cheerleaders (probably the hottest in FUSD in the 70s).

But nobody was crazy enough to drive all the way out to Clovis. It really was a way of life back then.

My brother's class at CHS rearranged Bullard's Marquee Sign to say, "Come watch Clovis beat Us!"

CleverUserName

Quote from: Darth Backer on March 14, 2024, 12:38:50 PMOh, they're all buddies now. "All-Stars" and travel ball is to blame for that.

Ugh

TeddyKGB

Quote from: CleverUserName on March 14, 2024, 01:54:57 PMMy brother's class at CHS rearranged Bullard's Marquee Sign to say, "Come watch Clovis beat Us!"

kids are too stupid now, they'd post it to social media as they were doing things like this and get caught...like when izne pays his "dates" with his visa rather than using cash

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 14, 2024, 02:45:24 PMkids are too stupid now, they'd post it to social media as they were doing things like this and get caught...like when izne pays his "dates" with his visa rather than using cash

I use your Visa, Genius.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Cristobal on March 14, 2024, 08:44:53 AMGrowing up in Sanger playing against CUSD schools growing up we all had a strong hatred and respect after taking lots of L's. In the end it only made us better and made it that much sweeter when we would get the occasional KO.  "Nothing but sad country music on the bus ride home for those boys"

I guess that is the difference between the old and new breed
I know Sanger & Clovis East used to get heated. There were quite a few T'Wolves who were supposed to Apache during the 2000s.

TeddyKGB

Darth Backer

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 15, 2024, 06:07:22 AMI know Sanger & Clovis East used to get heated. There were quite a few T'Wolves who were supposed to Apache during the 2000s.

I feel like they still go hard at each other... wasn't there a little mix up after the hand shake just a couple seasons ago?

TeddyKGB

The last time I saw teams ready to mix it up was in 07 at Griffith after the dramatic finish where Pete Mitchell kicked a 30+ yard FG with time running out... one of the Drillers ran over and was taunting the CW bench and a few of the players too exception to the gestures... I have to believe that the Bakersfield kid was giving them some of their own medicine, if the way the CW fans were behaving over the facilities (restrooms) is any indication of the CW behavior on the field I have no doubt it was in retribution to actions by the CW players

TeddyKGB