News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

why do people hate Clovis West?

Started by flexmac3, March 02, 2011, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izne1home

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 15, 2024, 08:12:27 PMWhat facilities? 

the luxury portable restrooms on the visitor side at Griffith Stadium

izne1home

That's the men's restroom on the homeside.  BHS guys all pee sitting down.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 18, 2024, 09:49:55 AMThat's the men's restroom on the homeside.  BHS guys all pee sitting down.

I wasn't sitting when I peed in the pool at the CW Boosters party!

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 18, 2024, 12:08:43 PMI wasn't sitting when I peed in the pool at the CW Boosters party!

No, but you were lying face down on a floating mattress, passed out. 

Timmy Winn

I'm a CHS grad. I was taught to hate CW. It was genuine though...all those dudes wearing penny loafers in high school with their khaki pants and their sweaters draped over their shoulders, tied so perfectly at the wrists. In their giant north Fresno homes with tennis courts in the backyard. We used to say "there is only ONE high school in Clovis". And we meant it. I hated those guys.
Small list of CW related guys who I still liked/respect:
1. McKay
2. Brad Martin (really the whole Martin family)
3. Graham O'Connell
4. Kevin Patrick (always a cougar to me)
5. Stan Bledsoe
6. Vince Wesson
7. Mike Noel
8. Geoff Petersen

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 18, 2024, 12:32:44 PMNo, but you were lying face down on a floating mattress, passed out. 

I wasn't passed out...I was recharging

izne1home

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 18, 2024, 01:48:28 PMI'm a CHS grad. I was taught to hate CW. It was genuine though...all those dudes wearing penny loafers in high school with their khaki pants and their sweaters draped over their shoulders, tied so perfectly at the wrists. In their giant north Fresno homes with tennis courts in the backyard. We used to say "there is only ONE high school in Clovis". And we meant it. I hated those guys.

You just described the son of a good friend of mine.  CW circa late 80s - early 90s.  Big house, big trees, big tennis court, big pool, big cabana, sports car, always smiling, and athletic. 

My father is a CHS grad (actually Clovis Union High School in what is now the law school building).  He still has his name hanging in the gym.  His grandson played at CW, but in his eyes, CW was more of a Bullard North...

After all, Bullard was all those things you described, and more, decades before CW was built.   

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on March 18, 2024, 04:04:32 PMBullard was all those things you described, and more, decades before CW was built.   

izne and his Bullard teammate leaving the soda shop

Bronco

I have always hated C-Dub because when I started coaching at Clovis, they were the "new kid" in town with a chip on their shoulder & as they grew up, they became the GREATEST rivalry I've ever had since Mater Dei  PS - The DRILLERS also were HUGE  & Bullard & The Apache!! They used to have All Clovis week when we played & the Sat night before we had to go to a big shin dig at Horse World with people from both sides & both Coaching staffs - very stressful 4 a young warrior to make it thru !!! And then - EVEN WORSE - after the game we all had to go 2 an aftergame Gigg at Pete Mehas's place (the asst Super) ! ? ! ?!

Bronco