News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Buchanan Head Coach

Started by Old man scout, July 20, 2023, 07:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old man scout

Going out on a limb but think the Coach will be Troy Glaus.

tru guru

Quote from: Old man scout on July 20, 2023, 07:38:38 PM
Going out on a limb but think the Coach will be Troy Glaus.

Maybe they get his old teammate CJ Wilson as the new pitching coach......

Governor

What do you think OMS.

Any good?

Old man scout

Don't know Troy personally but he is a ex big leaguer so the hitting side should be in good hands. Don't know his Coaching style but will be very baseball savvy. Believe it is a good hire.

BallGuy

Kinda makes all our guesses as small potatoes. Good get for Buchanan

knightsrule04

Nick tweeting that Glaus is the choice...not sure if it's just going off OMS's guess or if he got official word.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

Timmy Winn

I spoke to one of glaus' old UCLA teammates about two weeks ago and he told me Glaus wanted the job. I thought he was BS'ing. Guess he wasn't. Glaus is a big name capable of elevating that program. But let's see how he runs a program first. Don't forget Ted Williams was one of the worst managers of all time. Your player resume doesn't always = wins. But on the surface this looks like exactly the hire I was expecting...a big fish that could take the program to the next level by competing for State championships. I'm curious to see if there is a connection to the new AD.

CWClassof2007

Does he have any connection to Buchanan or the valley?

Governor

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on July 22, 2023, 12:30:03 PM

Maybe he played for the Fresno Grizzlies at some point

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Governor on July 22, 2023, 01:20:41 PM

Maybe he played for the Fresno Grizzlies at some point
He never played for the Giants. So no.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on July 22, 2023, 12:30:03 PM

I know a guy who is from Fresno and played at UCLA the same time as Glaus...they might have even been roommates. But that's not the reason he would be here. Could be the new AD? Could also be that Central Valley baseball is on the map and a big name like Troy Glaus wants the job because he thinks he can compete with the big guys all over the state.

Timmy Winn

Glaus also has a son that's 12 or 13 and is supposed to be a stud. Future 4 year starter.

knightsrule04

Quote from: Timmy Winn on July 22, 2023, 05:04:32 PM
I know a guy who is from Fresno and played at UCLA the same time as Glaus...they might have even been roommates.
Bullard Hall of Famer John Phillips? Though he's a year or two older than Glaus
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

tru guru

Quote from: knightsrule04 on July 23, 2023, 11:35:19 PM
Bullard Hall of Famer John Phillips? Though he's a year or two older than Glaus

Dude from Memorial was there at the same time as Glaus and Eric Byrnes as I recall.  I'm blanking on the name.  Started with an "M" I think.  Sorry, I'm old.  My memory isn't what it used to be.

gtshark1

Has the Glaus hire hit a roadblock? Any update?

Governor

Quote from: gtshark1 on August 16, 2023, 07:27:14 AM
Has the Glaus hire hit a roadblock? Any update?

Seems like Buchanan High hired him as their next Manager, according to Pagmeter.

gtshark1

Quote from: Governor on August 17, 2023, 12:49:51 PM
Seems like Buchanan High hired him as their next Manager, according to Pagmeter.

That was about a month ago and while he might be right, his word isn't CUSD.  It was rumored by many but nothing official.

Timmy Winn

Buchanan made an announcement on their Facebook page a month ago. Nothing since then. I don't they would have have posted that had it not been a done deal. It is weird that is the only info out there though.

gtshark1

Quote from: Timmy Winn on August 18, 2023, 09:00:37 AM
Buchanan made an announcement on their Facebook page a month ago. Nothing since then. I don't they would have have posted that had it not been a done deal. It is weird that is the only info out there though.

They reposted Pagmeter's post but they didn't add anything. And a few days later, CUSD made a statement that Buchanan had forwarded his name as their recommendation but nothing was official. Then nothing since then.....

gtshark1

Ironically Buchanan Baseball social media just posted it officially. Really cool for the program.

gtshark1