News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

BHS max preps ranking and review

Started by The Deacon D, July 06, 2017, 01:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deacon D

2017 Starting Power Rating   56.2*
2017 National Rank   #136*
2017 State Rank #22

Toughest opponents:2107
Chaminade (West Hills, CA)   67.3
Valencia (CA)   62
Orem (UT)

Going to be fun --

mw1

I would expect the Drillers to win state... after all, it seems like half of the team already has D1 offers.  BHS' success will be dependent on the QB, and Williams has been hot and cold in the past.  Ochoa has also been hot and cold in the QB spot.  It will be interesting to see how much Williams has developed over the past year (and all of the passing league success means nothing once a big, fast team starts blitzing).  If Ochoa has to step in and play QB, it will meant that Williams is still not "there" yet.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

TeddyKGB

I think you're right mw Cam is going to have to be far more consistent if the Drillers are to make a run at another VC.

madstang

Quote from: mw1 on July 06, 2017, 02:48:57 PM
I would expect the Drillers to win state... after all, it seems like half of the team already has D1 offers.  BHS' success will be dependent on the QB, and Williams has been hot and cold in the past.  Ochoa has also been hot and cold in the QB spot.  It will be interesting to see how much Williams has developed over the past year (and all of the passing league success means nothing once a big, fast team starts blitzing).  If Ochoa has to step in and play QB, it will meant that Williams is still not "there" yet.
Drillers should be favored to win Valley. You must be Driller homer, way they win state..

TeddyKGB

Quote from: madstang on July 07, 2017, 01:18:41 PM
You must be Driller homer, way they win state..

The Drillers have as good a shot at winning a State Bowl game as anyone, well anyone but garces that is. I wouldn't call anyone a favorite to win the VC just yet.

madstang

Quote from: TeddyKGB on July 07, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
The Drillers have as good a shot at winning a State Bowl game as anyone, well anyone but garces that is. I wouldn't call anyone a favorite to win the VC just yet.
I like Garces, but since you see them as the only school who doesn't have a chance, I'd like to see Drillers lobby to play SJB and Garces play Orio, Utah.

TeddyKGB

why would the Drillers lobby to play SJB? That's as silly as RFK in Delano lobbing to play the Drillers

Bronco

I've seen St John Bosco play. Nobody around here should want them !!

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Bronco on July 12, 2017, 09:16:01 PM
I've seen St John Bosco play. Nobody around here should want them !!

Exactly.

diamond king

BHS will not be winning the D1 state championship.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: diamond king on July 13, 2017, 03:50:54 PM

hahaha why don't you tell us why they wont swami.

mw1

Quote from: diamond king on July 13, 2017, 03:50:54 PM

I was being a little sarcastic with my "expect.. to win state" comment.  But seriously, I think I count 7 or 8 (maybe more by the time I get done posting this comment) kids on this year's team that are claiming to have one or more D1 offers..... so, you would think they are going to be a really good team.  The one, potential weak spot in a run for state is the "heart" of those younger players.  State games are where the seniors (and some special juniors) step up and make the big plays.  If your team is light on the senior-level players on the field, and the other team is on the heavy side, I will take the senior-heavy side most times.  Last year, it seems like the younger kids didn't make any impact in the first-round state game.. in which they got their butts kicked 57-16 (very unimpressive showing).  The ONLY kids who appeared to have the heart to win were the seniors (and a few juniors).  Hopefully, they won't repeat last season.. when it looked like they were more-than content just to win a VC ring.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Beercat

SJB  ... ha ha ha ha

Love the Drillers but who wants to be suicidal.

Nade plays SJB the week before Bako ... I think Nade will want blood after the beating they will get from Bosco ....

Bako needs to beat Nade and Valencia before they even think about jumping up and playing the Bosco  ...

Van Smack

Quote from: Beercat on July 14, 2017, 03:42:17 PM
SJB  ... ha ha ha ha

Love the Drillers but who wants to be suicidal.

Nade plays SJB the week before Bako ... I think Nade will want blood after the beating they will get from Bosco ....

Bako needs to beat Nade and Valencia before they even think about jumping up and playing the Bosco  ...

Bakersfield Drillers aren't playing St John Bosco, Garces is in week 2.
Have a take, and make sure it doesn't suck!

Beercat

Quote from: Van Smack on July 17, 2017, 08:30:06 PM
Bakersfield Drillers aren't playing St John Bosco, Garces is in week 2.

You should read the thread before answering ;)

"I'd like to see Drillers lobby to play SJB" (from the 6th post in the thread)

Beercat