News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

CW haters all quiet

Started by Eaglemeat, October 14, 2017, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthilllegend

Those were the good old days............when a 200 page program could bring $90,000 to $100,000 in cold hard cash to the program.  Count the number of ads and the personal shout out pages for the players (they were paid for too).  The booster club sold them at the games for $5.00 and they cost more than that to print.  Who cared???All the profit was in the ads. If the Legend recalls correctly.........the colored ads on the inside of the front cover and the back cover......went for $8,000 to 10,000 each.........and a half page personal player page was $500.  Hartigan certainly upped the mark for fund raising in the valley.  Anyone remember the article in the Fresno Bee, that focused on CW's $500,000+ football fund raising for a two year period.  Now that's CW football!!!!! Damn...what ever happen to six figure coaching benefit packages........... and yes.............six figure law suits!

The Anthilllegend

Eaglemeat

Well this isn't looking good for my argument lol

chrissk2002

Clovis West got their asses handed to them this evening. I went to the game so I could see where Clovis West was superior to Central as far as positions and personnel. Clovis West had 0 running game and if you're going to try and outpass Central.....it's going to be tough sledding. Because Clovis West had no running game then they're whole  scheme was screwed up and Central just sat back and used their better athletes to keep everything in front of them. I couldn't truly evaluate talent for Clovis West because they weren't allowed to display it this evening.

Central had a great game plan. They established Bigalo and Brewer in the first half and pounded away at Clovis West. WR Torres had no catches in the first half with one drop on 2 targets. Then in the second half he had 3 catches for over 150 yards. Tompkins didn't try and do too much didn't take big shots or throw any picks. He plays like this the rest of the year and the VC is theirs!!

CWClassof2007

Central outplayed Clovis West in every facet of the game. They didn't belong on that field with them. Losing the one Schram brother didn't change the outcome. Bigelow & Brewer just pillowed through everyone. Thompkins is the real deal. He made some deep throws that were not caught that were on the money. Arias for CW was the only one on offense who had a shot with his size & speed. Jeff Tedford & receivers coach Kirby Moore were on the CW sideline. Hopefully they give Thompkins a shot & he will be on the field at Bulldog Stadium in 2 years. If not we will see him playing for another Mountain West or maybe even PAC 12 school.

CWClassof2007