News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

HS team in La. suspected of cheating

Started by TeddyKGB, October 30, 2013, 07:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forceuser

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 30, 2013, 07:58:32 AM
This is an article in the USA Today:

http://www.usatodayhss.com/news/article/destrehan-la-football-team-under-investigation-for-alleged-cheating

You can't keep people from cheating.  In our society where the phrase "if your not cheating your not trying" is thrown out in every aspect.  This does not suprise me, it was only a matter of time before this happened on Hudl.  The security really is non existent,  and to be honest I am not sure how you are able to lock it down.  You are trusting those involved.  I still just have a problem with how a coach could ever think this is OK.....is winning so important that you throw out ethics??? The game and it's integrity is way more important than W/L's.....

On the other hand, I don't post things on hudl that I don't really want anyone to see.  We do game film and notes on game film but other than that, we keep everything in house.  Hudl is a great tool but it can be misused.....
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

SCrubjay

Destrahan's coach needs to follow this guy's lead....

"In my entire coaching career, I've never seen another team's practice film prior to playing that team," Belichick told the newspaper. "I have never authorized, or heard of, or even seen in any way, shape, or form any other team's walk-through. We don't even film our own. We don't even want to see ourselves do anything, that's the pace that it's at. Regardless, I've never been a part of that."

BIG SKIN

My son spends more time on Hudl than any other player on the team...... its a great teaching tool....but I can see it becoming a nightmare.
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

TeddyKGB

jarredondo are you really that stupid? This is an article in a national paperbesides not on comment about the team or coach inm the article.

jarredondo67

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 30, 2013, 11:25:38 AM
jarredondo are you really that stupid? This is an article in a national paperbesides not on comment about the team or coach inm the article.

You're right.  That was childish, I apologize.

jarredondo67