News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

eligible numbers and reporting eligible during a play

Started by Forceuser, October 30, 2013, 11:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forceuser

I was wondering if anyone knew the rule about reporting eligible with a Oline number.  Can that player catch a pass?  I know the rule in college and pros but does anyone know if that rule is usable in high school?

So here is the situation

number 57 goes in and plays TE and reports eligible.  Can we then just keep him in that spot the whole time, having him report eligible every play, using him as a regular TE.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

faded pirate

There is no such thing as reporting elgible in HS football. Either you have an eligible number or you don't. If you don't, you cannot go downfield on a pass.

linebacker

Quote from: Forceuser on October 30, 2013, 11:29:16 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew the rule about reporting eligible with a Oline number.  Can that player catch a pass?  I know the rule in college and pros but does anyone know if that rule is usable in high school?

So here is the situation

number 57 goes in and plays TE and reports eligible.  Can we then just keep him in that spot the whole time, having him report eligible every play, using him as a regular TE.
No repoting. Eligile # or not

Darth Backer

They can take handoffs all day but can not catch a pass.

Forceuser

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

diesel

You can assign multiple #'s to the kid and have him change on the sidelines......

Forceuser

Quote from: diesel on October 30, 2013, 11:41:11 AM
You can assign multiple #'s to the kid and have him change on the sidelines......

Thats what we are doing...  :D
― Pope Paul VI

mkb152

Quote from: Forceuser on October 30, 2013, 11:29:16 AM
I know the rule in college and pros but does anyone know if that rule is usable in high school?

Actually that rule is only in effect in the pros.  In high school and college, to be an eligible receiver, you must be eligible by number AND position

mkb152