News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Pagmeter?

Started by obiwan, November 18, 2013, 07:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obiwan

PagMeter

I'm sure I said something stupid? Let me know??
Sometimes on twitter I get going!

I'm updating everything on the website
If you ever have any questions. let me have it.

http://www.thepagmeter.com/

Thanks CVHSPREPS!

christhepunter

I appreciate the Pag, he does some good things, but you can tell he has his favorites in town and some coaches he just plain doesn't like.  The ones he doesn't like, he picks on, the ones he does, he praises or makes excuses for.  But hey thats pretty much how the press is and always will be.....

whitemarbles

Quote from: christhepunter on November 19, 2013, 09:55:17 AM
I appreciate the Pag, he does some good things, but you can tell he has his favorites in town and some coaches he just plain doesn't like.  The ones he doesn't like, he picks on, the ones he does, he praises or makes excuses for.  But hey thats pretty much how the press is and always will be.....

I gotta disagree with that.  :d:
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi

valleyfan

Quote from: christhepunter on November 19, 2013, 09:55:17 AM
Disagree with this.

obiwan

Of course you do Whitemarbles. You disagree with everything. HAHA

Coach Hurd

Agree, disagree, with what parts, very vague.

Seems Nick speaking the truth sometimes ruffles feathers. NO ONE, does more for the kids than Nick.

So can you explain what you agree with or disagree with.

Thanks

christhepunter

Quote from: Coach Hurd on November 19, 2013, 01:38:26 PM
Agree, disagree, with what parts, very vague.

Seems Nick speaking the truth sometimes ruffles feathers. NO ONE, does more for the kids than Nick.

So can you explain what you agree with or disagree with.

Thanks

As for the truth, sometimes Nick has reported things without the proper or correct information, just going on information that has been created by the rumor mill.....

Nick has done much for kids, but to say he does more than anyone is a little bit of an over statement.  Coaches that have been grinding all year and have much more direct interaction with kids may beg to differ. 

Coach Hurd

Quote from: christhepunter on November 19, 2013, 01:53:32 PM
As for the truth, sometimes Nick has reported things without the proper or correct information, just going on information that has been created by the rumor mill.....

Nick has done much for kids, but to say he does more than anyone is a little bit of an over statement.  Coaches that have been grinding all year and have much more direct interaction with kids may beg to differ. 

You obviously do not know what Nick does besides the reporting.  Thanks for the response.

christhepunter

Quote from: Coach Hurd on November 19, 2013, 02:02:41 PM

You obviously do not know what Nick does besides the reporting.  Thanks for the response.

Hurd, I think that I have done a poor job stating my point.  I am positive ThePagmeter does much for kids, and makes his statements publicly on either the radio or the web with the best of intentions.  It is funny though because I have been part of a staff that was in disarray, with a coach who couldn't draw up a simple power play, and continually lied to kids, coaches, administrators, and parents and was the most self publicizing coach I have ever met.  That coach was publicly praised on the radio and on the website. 

On the other hand, on a another staff I was a part of was a coach who knows football, pushed for excellence on the field, classroom and community and changed the whole dynamic of a schools football program was belittled and accomplishments by the program were undersold.  This coach however isn't afraid to ruffle some feathers in the effort to do things for his players, maybe that has something to do with it.

The truth is what these guys do is for pennies on the dollar and I often question how much we should go after them(I have been guilty myself) whether it is in the press or behind the closed door.  Because as it is in any football program, the people who really know what is going on are only the people who are there everyday, and of those people often only a select few are in the inner circle of the dynamics of every individual football program.

hardhitter23

Quote from: christhepunter on November 19, 2013, 02:28:23 PM
Hurd, I think that I have done a poor job stating my point.  I am positive ThePagmeter does much for kids, and makes his statements publicly on either the radio or the web with the best of intentions.  It is funny though because I have been part of a staff that was in disarray, with a coach who couldn't draw up a simple power play, and continually lied to kids, coaches, administrators, and parents and was the most self publicizing coach I have ever met.  That coach was publicly praised on the radio and on the website. 

On the other hand, on a another staff I was a part of was a coach who knows football, pushed for excellence on the field, classroom and community and changed the whole dynamic of a schools football program was belittled and accomplishments by the program were undersold.  This coach however isn't afraid to ruffle some feathers in the effort to do things for his players, maybe that has something to do with it.

The truth is what these guys do is for pennies on the dollar and I often question how much we should go after them(I have been guilty myself) whether it is in the press or behind the closed door.  Because as it is in any football program, the people who really know what is going on are only the people who are there everyday, and of those people often only a select few are in the inner circle of the dynamics of every individual football program.

welll spoken  :u: :u: :u:

Coach Hurd

I understand your points, I too Coach and it is a daily grind at times. Nick tries to do the best of his abilities to help the kids, maybe not coaching but with many other endeavors for the kids.

We are on the same page.

Dirtfarmer

Nick has a good heart and best intentions. I'm sure that he's aware that he's not (nor are any of us) curing cancer.

whitemarbles

Quote from: obiwan on November 19, 2013, 01:38:03 PM
Of course you do Whitemarbles. You disagree with everything. HAHA
What?! Lol...I try not to..... I like Nick because he promotes the sport we all love. Chris the punter makes good points though. He is well spoken.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi

DE66

Nick is really good guy who really cares about all the kids, all the coaches and Valley High School Football in general . He sometimes disagrees with how some coaches do things and he comes out and states what he thinks.  He has some really good ideas, most which I agree with. He only wants the best for high school football in the valley. If there was more people that were willing to get involved like Nick does, Valley football could be one of the top sections in the state. Many people don't realize most of what he does  he does on his own dime. When he was on the radio he was not compensated very well, but he covered everything with everything he had anyway. He loves the valley and is passionate about all sports, especially football. Just a real special person. We need more like him!

DE66