News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

New Buchanan Coach??

Started by ETKilla, January 24, 2013, 10:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obiwan

Dinuba HC is a good coach but I don't see him leaving Dinuba for Buchanan.

MW HC is not coming to Buchanan. He couldn't maintain expectation at CW or kerman. He isn't leaving MW

SCrubjay

Quote from: Speedracer on February 23, 2013, 04:41:57 PM
Head coach at Mount Whitney ......good prospects for this job especially Whitney coach since he coach at CW.

:D :D :D :D.  I can think of 620,000 reasons why that is not an option....   :D :D :D :D

Darth Backer

Quote from: SCrubjay on February 23, 2013, 10:33:56 PM
:D :D :D :D.  I can think of 620,000 reasons why that is not an option....   :D :D :D :D

Speedracer...  Speedracer... wow

obiwan

Pretty quiet over there in Bear Country...wondering the LA visit was a success...

officer farva

:u: TPN!!

izne1home

He might be willing to give CUSD a salary credit just to get back in the TRAC. 

Sixtynine

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Coach Scudder

obiwan

Buchanan might have an idea on who their candidates are, but they haven't had interviews yet. I heard the new AD isn't even on campus yet. I would think he needs to be on campus first before they begin interviews.

sheepdog

From everything I've heard, AD is Gambrell. I also was told that there was a visitor on campus after Gambrell took a trip down south.

Sixtynine

Quote from: obiwan on February 27, 2013, 01:09:30 PM
Buchanan might have an idea on who their candidates are, but they haven't had interviews yet. I heard the new AD isn't even on campus yet. I would think he needs to be on campus first before they begin interviews.

You think wrong master Kenobi

Curious

Obiwan and Sheepdog have the most accurate info....

ETKilla

Quote from: sheepdog on February 27, 2013, 01:53:22 PM
From everything I've heard, AD is Gambrell. I also was told that there was a visitor on campus after Gambrell took a trip down south.

From what I understand there have been two visitors from down south.  Interviewed but haven't applied.   Seems like there's some other cat and mouse stuff goin on here too.   People seem to be waiting to see what others are doing.  Maybe O'brian would be a good fit. 
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

sheepdog

Seems to me that Obiwan and I have different info. I haven't heard about a second visitor, though. But, at this point, if it weren't for the rumor fine, I'd say I know who both are. Unless the "second" visitor is a surprise.

Bronco

Quote from: sheepdog on February 27, 2013, 08:00:33 PM
Seems to me that Obiwan and I have different info. I haven't heard about a second visitor, though. But, at this point, if it weren't for the rumor fine, I'd say I know who both are. Unless the "second" visitor is a surprise.
If it weren't for the rumor fine I'd at least take a guess - BUT - all I'm thinking is that the new A.D. isn't the only "hot" item from Central in HS athletics right now  :huh: No rumor - just thinking out loud   :D

obiwan

Just because there are visitors from OC doesn't mean that gambril (?) has found a HC. I said that Buchanan may  know who their strong candidates but won't find their HC until interviews are over. The AD isn't even on campus. It doesn't make sense to hire a HC when AD isn't full time yet. Besides, if I was a local coach applying for this job, I would be wondering why the need to travel to OC to find other candidates. Do the locals really have a chance? What locals have applied and are they ready to redirect Buchanan football? Maybe the Ad doesn't think so and that is why he went down OC.

Bronco

Quote from: obiwan on February 27, 2013, 08:27:33 PM
Just because there are visitors from OC doesn't mean that gambril (?) has found a HC. I said that Buchanan may  know who their strong candidates but won't find their HC until interviews are over. The AD isn't even on campus. It doesn't make sense to hire a HC when AD isn't full time yet. Besides, if I was a local coach applying for this job, I would be wondering why the need to travel to OC to find other candidates. Do the locals really have a chance? What locals have applied and are they ready to redirect Buchanan football? Maybe the Ad doesn't think so and that is why he went down OC.
The people at the d.o, make most - if not ALL decisions this size in the c,u.s.d - even if they try like heck to make it look otherwise 8) they may send the new a d out to look for people to talk to & may even talk to them -but - they will make the call

Sixtynine

obiwan

Sixtynine...Whoever it is, they need to get him on campus now so he can start to install his plan for coaches, players and parents. This is will be a major task. Great people in Bear Country, but they are use to a different way of preparing for a season. The off-season is the most critical part of the success of any athletic program. Teachers prepare their students for the STAR Test at the start of the year. They just don't preparing students after the winter break. Its like that in athletics. Football players need to be training and progressed mentally and physically, and that starts in Janurary. To have any success, that coach needs to get on campus as soon as possible. The off-season is ending soon. It will be tough for a new coach in LA or OC to come up to Buchanan and not be successful. They now more than anything that the off-seasn in a major component. Enless they are running from something????

Who are the local coaches that have applied?

captainjrl

Quote from: sheepdog on February 27, 2013, 01:53:22 PM

Just pulled this of the CIF CS website.

Football

School: Buchanan
Position: Head
Team: Varsity
Details: Buchanan is looking for a Head varsity coach. Teaching position and asssistant coach with teaching position available as well
Phone: 559.389.4761

So the Gambrell thing is true.

captainjrl