News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Baseball is back!

Started by Governor, February 14, 2023, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Governor

Clovis East High with their first win of the season against Righetti on the road.

Huge late game rally for the Wolves. Shut out Righetti.

Righetti was fresh off of shutting out Stockdale as well. Great team win.

Governor

Clovis High with a sweep this week with their games. They will be a fun team to watch for.

Clovis West High with a 2-1 start this week. One of my teams to watch in the pre season. They have some heavy hitters and could be a team I will pick to make a run at sections.

Buchanan High with a split this week. As soon as I move them up in my rankings they prove me wrong with another loss. It could be a down year for the Bears. They still could be a force at the end.

Stockdale High with a split this weekend. Blanked by Righetti High who just lost to East High.

Liberty High with a sweep this weekend. They could be hitting stride at the right time. Always have been a force down south.

Centennial High with a sweep this week. They beat Clovis North High handily. North High has a ton of youth so I will give them a pass. Better games ahead for North High. Centennial High looks good so far.

Bakersfield Christian High is hitting stride. They have put some impressive scores up. Beating Kerman High 12-5 and finishing the week off with a win against Fresno High. Fresno High is a tough team and their Manager is respected by the people I listen to. East High struggled with Fresno high.

BallGuy

Quote from: Governor on March 05, 2023, 01:53:31 PM
Clovis High with a sweep this week with their games. They will be a fun team to watch for.

Clovis West High with a 2-1 start this week. One of my teams to watch in the pre season. They have some heavy hitters and could be a team I will pick to make a run at sections.

Buchanan High with a split this week. As soon as I move them up in my rankings they prove me wrong with another loss. It could be a down year for the Bears. They still could be a force at the end.

Stockdale High with a split this weekend. Blanked by Righetti High who just lost to East High.

Liberty High with a sweep this weekend. They could be hitting stride at the right time. Always have been a force down south.

Centennial High with a sweep this week. They beat Clovis North High handily. North High has a ton of youth so I will give them a pass. Better games ahead for North High. Centennial High looks good so far.

Bakersfield Christian High is hitting stride. They have put some impressive scores up. Beating Kerman High 12-5 and finishing the week off with a win against Fresno High. Fresno High is a tough team and their Manager is respected by the people I listen to. East High struggled with Fresno high.

Central split the week with Liberty and beat Redwood. Think this year's trac is going to be fun to follow

Governor

East High with a huge win against my top 10 Centennial High.

Great defense, pitching, and batting.

As I predicted they may have a slow start but will come on strong. Two in a row of the T-Wolves. Seems a lot like last year if they improve. Excited for the players and looking forward to League play!

CWClassof2007

Kingsburg 2 Clovis West 1 in 8 innings. Not a great start to the season for a team that was preseason top 25 in the state.

baseballfan1

Does anyone have results from the Coca Cola Classic games?  It doesn't seem that any newspapers are covering, can't find anything on any preseason tourneys.

BallGuy

Most teams fled the coca cola tourney...Central held their own tournament with most of the teams that used to be in it.

chingata

why did most teams decline to do the coca classic? 

BallGuy

Stuff that happened last year, and Clovis taking a blow torch to relationships that have been established for years. But hey, they got a win with an asterisks because they are buddies with the TRAC president. I'm sure their 4th or 5th place in league was worth the thousands they are losing now tho

tru guru

Quote from: BallGuy on March 08, 2023, 11:48:32 AM
Stuff that happened last year, and Clovis taking a blow torch to relationships that have been established for years. But hey, they got a win with an asterisks because they are buddies with the TRAC president. I'm sure their 4th or 5th place in league was worth the thousands they are losing now tho

#Pitchgate

HS Harry

Neither tournament is posting the scores/records/runs allowed so the public know what's going on. That should be cleaned up in the future. Is Central still calling it the Nishikawa Classic? I think that's what they called it when my buddy's teams played in it when CN first opened.
Chazz Michael Michaels IS figure skating

Harry Carey

Quote from: HS Harry on March 08, 2023, 10:43:52 PM
Neither tournament is posting the scores/records/runs allowed so the public know what's going on. That should be cleaned up in the future. Is Central still calling it the Nishikawa Classic? I think that's what they called it when my buddy's teams played in it when CN first opened.

baseballfan1

Thanks Harry Carey!  That's a legit field.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: tru guru on March 08, 2023, 12:55:14 PM
#Pitchgate
[/quote

I thought the heat was on CP for pitchgate...only storm and scharton are holdovers. Are schools staying away because of those two guys? Kinda weird.

Governor

Good to see that there is very competitive baseball being played. It is a true testimony for how good baseball is in our area. Kudos to the players and coaches for putting it on the line thus far.

It is shaping up to be one's of the best seasons in recent memory.

With all the games getting cancelled/moved it is hard to keep track on who is playing and who is not. Post scores if you have them! Thanks.

East High lost another tough one to the Edison High Tigers yesterday. Never hit stride in that one. Hoping we can be a force during the middle/end of the year.

BallGuy

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 09, 2023, 04:16:00 PM
Quote from: tru guru on March 08, 2023, 12:55:14 PM
#Pitchgate
[/quote

I thought the heat was on CP for pitchgate...only storm and scharton are holdovers. Are schools staying away because of those two guys? Kinda weird.

Scharton was leading that one with a friend that heads up TRAC. Doesn't matter much now. But yeah, that's how the other tournament started.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: BallGuy on March 09, 2023, 05:02:03 PM
Scharton was leading that one with a friend that heads up TRAC. Doesn't matter much now. But yeah, that's how the other tournament started.

That's interesting. Scharton is coaching the catchers this year and I wasn't sure he was coming back at all.

Backstop

Top 10

1-Cabrillo: Giant Slayers
2-Kingsburg: Giant Slayers, Light
3-Mission Prep
4-SLO: Same SOS as Buchanan, but with a winning record
5-Bakersfield Christian
6-Stockdale (tie)
6-Madera (tie)
8-Ridgeview
9-Clovis (Georges could be a superstar)
10-Frontier

Governor

1. Bullard High - still best club
2. Bakersfield Christian High- big bump. They have become a force
3. Stockdale High- I like them higher but due to a a head to head match up against BC, they have to drop
4. Clovis High - Won their TRAC showdown against Clovis West High this week. Scuffled against Kingsburg but they also played in rain.
5. Kingsburg High- Watch for them. They could be a force.
6. Buchanan High - solid wins but many losses. Can they turn their season around? We will see.
7. Liberty High - good team. Have been winning a lot of games.
8. Frontier High - they could be higher but have dropped some games.
9. SLO High - They're good.
10. Redwood - I still have high hopes for them and they have potential.

Governor

Quote from: Governor on March 10, 2023, 08:03:39 PM
1. Bullard High - still best club
2. Bakersfield Christian High- big bump. They have become a force
3. Stockdale High- I like them higher but due to a a head to head match up against BC, they have to drop
4. Clovis High - Won their TRAC showdown against Clovis West High this week. Scuffled against Kingsburg but they also played in rain.
5. Kingsburg High- Watch for them. They could be a force.
6. Buchanan High - solid wins but many losses. Can they turn their season around? We will see.
7. Liberty High - good team. Have been winning a lot of games.
8. Frontier High - they could be higher but have dropped some games.
9. SLO High - They're good.
10. Redwood - I still have high hopes for them and they have potential.

Updated 3/17

1.Bullard High
2. Stockdale High
3. Buchanan High
4.Clovis High
5. Kingsburg High
6. SLO High
7. Frontier High
8. Clovis West High
9. Redwood High
10. Bakersfield Christian High

Governor