News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

2018 Head Coaching Openings.

Started by Coach Gutierrez, November 20, 2017, 11:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Gutierrez

Edison (D1) - Atnaf Harris
*Paso Robles (D1) - *JR Reynolds
Mt Whitney (D3) - Adam Valencia
*Hoover (D3) - Russ Pickett
Roosevelt (D4) - Vince Branstetter
Golden Valley (D4) - J. Eric Gonzales
*East Bakersfield (D4) - *Dave Throp
Washington Union (D4) - Art Francis
*Wasco (D4) - *Chad Martinez
Hanford West (D5) - Matthew Tesoriere
McLane (D5) - JD Burnett
Kennedy (D5) - Mario Millan
Mira Monte (D5) - Christian Johnson
Foothill (D5) - Brandon Deckard
Fowler (D5) - Jim O'Brien
Sierra (D5)
Yosemtie? (D5)
*Farmersville (D6) - *Marco Gutierrez
Tranquility (D6)
Kern Valley (D6) - Ben Goffinet
(*) Finished the season with an interim.

Jazz

Did Edison remove the interim tag, or did they make it permanent? I keep hearing rumors that Murray declined the permanent job and they are accepting applications.

TeddyKGB

who in their right mind would want the East job...

Darth Backer

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 21, 2017, 07:56:19 AM

Plenty of jobs out there like that Teddy, seems to be an endless supply of guys willing to suffer.

TeddyKGB

You're correct...they are glutton for punishment, they foolishly believe that they can change the way the admin thinks.

diesel

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 21, 2017, 08:25:29 AM
You're correct...they are gluten for punishment, they foolishly believe that they can change the way the admin thinks.

I try to stay gluten free but then again, I am a glutton for punishment..... ;)

TeddyKGB

bksflddan

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 21, 2017, 11:34:42 AM
HAHA..it's been corrected

My eldest daughter and son in law went gluten free ... dagnab veggie ... heck with that! It's glutton all the way for me! Besides I'm too old to start eaten right anyway! I'd mess up my eyesight!
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

diesel

Quote from: bksflddan on November 21, 2017, 12:21:29 PM
My eldest daughter and son in law went gluten free ... dagnab veggie ... heck with that! It's glutton all the way for me! Besides I'm too old to start eaten right anyway! I'd mess up my eyesight!

I'm the omnivore of the house! My wife would be vegan if it weren't for me!! LOL!!

TeddyKGB

you guys don't be too critical of the vegetarians/vegans, they'll made good bait and food for the pigs in the event of an apocalypse

ironman45

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 21, 2017, 07:56:19 AM

very valid statement.....but hey somebody has to do it haha!

any updates on other jobs??

Eaglemeat

Not my place to start issues, I respect coach Hammond, but if Clovis is going to lose the support of the wrestling team, they may be in for a lot of trouble.  Big numbers and talent coming through the next couple of years.  If there is a divide in programs it is going to be very tough to keep him. 

Coach Gutierrez

Quote from: Eaglemeat on November 27, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
Not my place to start issues, I respect coach Hammond, but if Clovis is going to lose the support of the wrestling team, they may be in for a lot of trouble.  Big numbers and talent coming through the next couple of years.  If there is a divide in programs it is going to be very tough to keep him.

What exactly is the problem? Wrestlers aren't playing football anymore?

Forceuser

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Sixtynine

Quote from: Coach Gutierrez on November 28, 2017, 09:04:35 AM
What exactly is the problem? Wrestlers aren't playing football anymore?

I've heard from a KIND OF reliable source that there were issues in the summer of athletes having to pick between football and wrestling. Because of that, the wrestling and football programs may be feuding now. Not sure if this is the real issue or not.
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Spazzilla

Quote from: Sixtynine on November 28, 2017, 10:00:07 AM
I've heard from a KIND OF reliable source that there were issues in the summer of athletes having to pick between football and wrestling. Because of that, the wrestling and football programs may be feuding now. Not sure if this is the real issue or not.

If this was a non-issue in the past, its probably because Clovis wrestling is feeling the pressure of playing catch-up to Buchanan.
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

Eaglemeat

Quote from: Spazzilla on November 28, 2017, 10:23:28 AM
If this was a non-issue in the past, its probably because Clovis wrestling is feeling the pressure of playing catch-up to Buchanan.

You may be right, I 100% cannot say on that seeing they are starting the year 7th in the state.  Would be shocked if they finished that low.  There is a lot of talent in that pipeline, but the transfers to Buchanan are very deep.  For what I understand Coach H is not a very players friendly coach.  To have a mass exodus like that is very unheard of.  If they cant right this issue there will be a struggle in the Clovis program for years to come. 

Jazz

I feel like i heard this when Hammond got there.  I remember hearing because of Gettysburg Elem. and the wrestlers coming back is what brought Clovis back to life? Why all of the sudden would he crack down on the wrestlers?

Coach Scudder

bruin22

According to his quote in the paper he was stepping down. He will continue to work there but felt it was time he let it go.
"Football doesn't take me away from my family life.  We've always watched film together."  -Fred Akers

bruin22

"Football doesn't take me away from my family life.  We've always watched film together."  -Fred Akers