News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Fresno St. Bulldogs New Coach...

Started by Moore High School Hoops, December 05, 2011, 02:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETKilla

Quote from: Scott VanHoosier on December 07, 2011, 08:34:19 PM
Good job, you only took 3 days to remind me why I don't waste my time on this website anymore!

Good to hear form you Scotty.   ;)
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

bigfan

So back on topic...The guy who was going to Tennessee State?? Then back out at the last minute...Then I hear some jabber about the guy at the Bears...How about before Christmas??
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

wellnow

Coach Mac is the leader, maybe he has had a enough of Saban?

tru guru

Mac just backed out as HC at Memphis.  Makes a person think there is somewhere else he would rather be?  My guess is Arizona State seeing as how they just pulled their offer to June Jones.

bigfan

If all goes well Tim DeRuyter will be Pat Hill's successor by the end of the week. KMJ has learned through credible sources that the Texas A&M defensive coordinator, DeRuyter will be in Fresno as early as today for a second interview with Fresno State Athletics Director Thomas Boeh and is expected to take a tour of the facilities. DeRuyter is also expected to meet with University President Doctor John Welty. If all goes well DeRuyter will be named Fresno State's new head coach no later than Friday.

DeRuyter is a longtime defensive coordinator and Long Beach native. The 48 year old head coach was not taking calls yesterday when the Aggies were entertaining their new head coach, Houston's Kevin Sumlin.

THE DeRUYTER FILE

Full Name: Tim DeRuyter (da-ROOT-er)
Birthdate: Jan. 3, 1963
Birthplace: Long Beach, California
Marital Status: Married to the former Kara Koblensky
Children: Jake, Christina
Education: St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, CA (1981)
Air Force Academy (1985)
Regis University (1992, MBA)
COACHING CAREER

2010-: Texas A&M University (Asst. Head Coach/Def. Coordinator)
2008-09: Air Force Academy (Assoc. Coach/Def. Coor./Safeties)
2007: Air Force Academy (Def. Coor./Safeties)
2005-06: Nevada (Co-Def. Coor./Safeties & Pass Defense)
2002-04: Ohio (Def. Coor./Secondary)
1999-2001: Navy (Secondary)
1995-98: Ohio (Def. Coord./Secondary)
1991-94: Air Force (JV/Varsity Asst.)

Backwards K

Quote from: bigfan on December 13, 2011, 09:06:16 AM
If all goes well Tim DeRuyter will be Pat Hill's successor by the end of the week. KMJ has learned through credible sources that the Texas A&M defensive coordinator, DeRuyter will be in Fresno as early as today for a second interview with Fresno State Athletics Director Thomas Boeh and is expected to take a tour of the facilities. DeRuyter is also expected to meet with University President Doctor John Welty. If all goes well DeRuyter will be named Fresno State's new head coach no later than Friday.

DeRuyter is a longtime defensive coordinator and Long Beach native. The 48 year old head coach was not taking calls yesterday when the Aggies were entertaining their new head coach, Houston's Kevin Sumlin.

THE DeRUYTER FILE

Full Name: Tim DeRuyter (da-ROOT-er)
Birthdate: Jan. 3, 1963
Birthplace: Long Beach, California
Marital Status: Married to the former Kara Koblensky
Children: Jake, Christina
Education: St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, CA (1981)
Air Force Academy (1985)
Regis University (1992, MBA)
COACHING CAREER

2010-: Texas A&M University (Asst. Head Coach/Def. Coordinator)
2008-09: Air Force Academy (Assoc. Coach/Def. Coor./Safeties)
2007: Air Force Academy (Def. Coor./Safeties)
2005-06: Nevada (Co-Def. Coor./Safeties & Pass Defense)
2002-04: Ohio (Def. Coor./Secondary)
1995-98: Ohio (Def. Coord./Secondary)
1991-94: Air Force (JV/Varsity Asst.)

In the real world outside of football his employment history could be looked upon as unstable... sure moves around a lot....
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Scott VanHoosier

I think his credentials look par for the course and pretty much what most of us were expecting...an unknown coordinator from a BCS conference school. 
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

linebacker

Quote from: Backwards K on December 13, 2011, 09:40:36 AM
In the real world outside of football his employment history could be looked upon as unstable... sure moves around a lot....

Thats the life of a college football coach. That is not unstable in coaching.

bigfan

If this is indeed the guy...he had better be capable to hit the ground running on the recruiting side?? 

The transitional void that has been created is rather ominous in my eyes??

linebacker

2-4 years from now, there will be a huge impact felt on the field. The recruiting (or lack there of) will be a huge factor in the near future.

Scott VanHoosier

Quote from: bigfan on December 13, 2011, 11:40:43 AM
If this is indeed the guy...he had better be capable to hit the ground running on the recruiting side?? 

The transitional void that has been created is rather ominous in my eyes??
He is the interim head coach for A & M's bowl game.  I am assuming he wouldn't start till after the game.  If he gets hired and receives more money than Pat Hill I will find a lot of humor in it...
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

linebacker

DeRuyter will be announced tommorow.

tru guru

I have been informed the new coach has been hired.  My source did not mention the name.  You may all speculate as you wish................

CWClassof2007

I've read that DeRuyter is the man on multiple sites. But after the Skipper fiasco I won't believe anything until I see it.

Coach Hurd

Fresno State has not offically confirmed that Tim DeRuyter is the next coach, but many sources are saying that he will be. Here is a breakdown of his coaching Resume. Tune into 1430 ESPN Radio for more information or follow us on Twitter @1430ESPNRADIO.

DeRuyter has a history of turning college football defenses around. Before his second arrival at Ohio in 2002, the Bobcats ranked 99th nationally; upon his departure to Nevada the Bobcats ranked 22nd. At Nevada, the Wolfpack improved from 78th to 48th under his tutelage.

As the defensive coordinator at Air Force from 2007–09, DeRuyter brought in an aggressive 3-4 Defense. In 2006, prior to his arrival, the Falcons ranked 78th in scoring defense and 78th in total defense. In 2009, the Falcons finished 10th in scoring defense and 11th in total defense. In the 09' Armed Forces Bowl against Houston, the Falcons limited the nation's second-ranked passing offense to a season-low of 222 passing yards. They also recorded six interceptions.

DeRuyter became Texas A&M's defensive coordinator in 2010. The Aggies ranked 104th in scoring defense in 2009, under a 3-4 Defense In 2010, under his 3-4 defense they improved to 21st in scoring defense

Coaching Career:

2010-Current: Texas A&M (Asst. Head Coach/Def Coor)

2008-2009: Air Force Academy (Assoc. Coach/Def. Coor/Safeties)

2007: Air Force Academy (Def. Coor/Safeties)

2005-2006: Nevada (Co-Def. Coor/Safeties & Pass Defense)

2002-2004: Ohio (Def. Coor/Secondary)

1995-1998: Ohio (Def. Coor/Secondary)

1991-1994: Air Force (JV/Varstiy Assit)

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Coach Hurd on December 13, 2011, 08:13:40 PM
Fresno State has not offically confirmed that Tim DeRuyter is the next coach, but many sources are saying that he will be. Here is a breakdown of his coaching Resume. Tune into 1430 ESPN Radio for more information or follow us on Twitter @1430ESPNRADIO.

DeRuyter has a history of turning college football defenses around. Before his second arrival at Ohio in 2002, the Bobcats ranked 99th nationally; upon his departure to Nevada the Bobcats ranked 22nd. At Nevada, the Wolfpack improved from 78th to 48th under his tutelage.

As the defensive coordinator at Air Force from 2007–09, DeRuyter brought in an aggressive 3-4 Defense. In 2006, prior to his arrival, the Falcons ranked 78th in scoring defense and 78th in total defense. In 2009, the Falcons finished 10th in scoring defense and 11th in total defense. In the 09' Armed Forces Bowl against Houston, the Falcons limited the nation's second-ranked passing offense to a season-low of 222 passing yards. They also recorded six interceptions.

DeRuyter became Texas A&M's defensive coordinator in 2010. The Aggies ranked 104th in scoring defense in 2009, under a 3-4 Defense In 2010, under his 3-4 defense they improved to 21st in scoring defense

Coaching Career:

2010-Current: Texas A&M (Asst. Head Coach/Def Coor)

2008-2009: Air Force Academy (Assoc. Coach/Def. Coor/Safeties)

2007: Air Force Academy (Def. Coor/Safeties)

2005-2006: Nevada (Co-Def. Coor/Safeties & Pass Defense)

2002-2004: Ohio (Def. Coor/Secondary)

1995-1998: Ohio (Def. Coor/Secondary)

1991-1994: Air Force (JV/Varstiy Assit)

:u: :u: :u: All that information right there is a huge plus too me. If he could get a half way decent offensive coordinator then things should improve all around. That's a big "IF".

Scott VanHoosier

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 13, 2011, 08:21:25 PM
:u: :u: :u: All that information right there is a huge plus too me. If he could get a half way decent offensive coordinator then things should improve all around. That's a big "IF".
Smart money says Grady will be back next year.  Offense put out crazy stats considering playing with a first year soph QB,  underclassman at skilled positions and a make shift line that was riddled with injuries from day 1....plus Grady gets paid minimum wage plus lunch money and staff parking spot

Coach Hurd

If Grady stays as "O" coordinator, nothing will change on the "O" side of the ball. Pray he doesn't stay, his play calling was dismal at best. New blood at "O" we need that.

Love TheFn Game

"Smart money says Grady will be back next year.  Offense put out crazy stats considering playing with a first year soph QB,  underclassman at skilled positions and a make shift line that was riddled with injuries from day 1....plus Grady gets paid minimum wage plus lunch money and staff parking spot"

Crazy stats?  The Bulldogs were the 5th highest scoring offense in the WAC and third best total yardage offense in the conference, over 100 yards a game behind the leader.  If Moniz doesn't go down at Hawaii the Dogs finish in the second half of the WAC in total offense. As it was the Dogs were only 7 yards a game better than Hawaii who finished the year playing their second and third team QB's.  There are major problems with the offense as well as the defense.  411 yards a game is not a lot of yardage for the stats their QB and RB put out.  Looking on the WAC board, the Dogs only pass for 1 more yard a game than Nevada, which is a run predominant offense.  I admit the offense is in much better shape than the defense, but neither were all that.  Here's more proof of offense woes, Rouse is the top RB in the WAC and the Dogs are the 4th best rushing team in the conference,that doesn't add up.  They trailed Utah St. and Nevada by well over 125 yards per-game rushing.Their is a reason they were 4-9 and it was not all on a crappy defense.

diesel

Quote from: Love TheFn Game on December 13, 2011, 09:18:47 PM
"Smart money says Grady will be back next year.  Offense put out crazy stats considering playing with a first year soph QB,  underclassman at skilled positions and a make shift line that was riddled with injuries from day 1....plus Grady gets paid minimum wage plus lunch money and staff parking spot"

Crazy stats?  The Bulldogs were the 5th highest scoring offense in the WAC and third best total yardage offense in the conference, over 100 yards a game behind the leader.  If Moniz doesn't go down at Hawaii the Dogs finish in the second half of the WAC in total offense. As it was the Dogs were only 7 yards a game better than Hawaii who finished the year playing their second and third team QB's.  There are major problems with the offense as well as the defense.  411 yards a game is not a lot of yardage for the stats their QB and RB put out.  Looking on the WAC board, the Dogs only pass for 1 more yard a game than Nevada, which is a run predominant offense.  I admit the offense is in much better shape than the defense, but neither were all that.  Here's more proof of offense woes, Rouse is the top RB in the WAC and the Dogs are the 4th best rushing team in the conference,that doesn't add up.  They trailed Utah St. and Nevada by well over 125 yards per-game rushing.Their is a reason they were 4-9 and it was not all on a crappy defense.

IF, and that's a BIG IF, the defense gets a real upgrade, the offense would have more opportunities which would, in turn, provide more yards and more TD's.......right?

diesel