News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Fresno St. Bulldogs New Coach...

Started by Moore High School Hoops, December 05, 2011, 02:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott VanHoosier

You just proved my point...I said crazy stats considering all those factors.  They had a YOUNG QB with an offensive line that was patch work since the first couple drives of the season.  They put up over 400 yds per game and more then enough points per game to win a majority of their games but didn't have the defense or heck the special teams to back their play.  You think it would be wise for a new coach who is working on a short time period to overhaul the only thing that seemed to work for them last year?!  Carr will only get more consistant, o-line can't be dealt a worst set of cards, and rouse is poised for another monster season.  If he comes in and can't go 8-4 with identical offensive production, they hired the wrong guy.
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

Soaring Eagle

ESPN Radio National News feed announced this morning that DeRuyter was hired by Fresno State...  Sounds like it is official to me.

On to the next chapter!!  Let's go Bulldogs!!!   :u:
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

Spazzilla

Quote from: Coach Hurd on December 13, 2011, 08:55:25 PM
If Grady stays as "O" coordinator, nothing will change on the "O" side of the ball. Pray he doesn't stay, his play calling was dismal at best. New blood at "O" we need that.

How much of that would you say was attributed Pat Hill? Though he's not calling plays directly I'm sure he had an influences as to the overall direction and style of offense, no?
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

bigfan

Quote from: dpbronco on December 14, 2011, 08:47:20 AM
How much of that would you say was attributed Pat Hill? Though he's not calling plays directly I'm sure he had an influences as to the overall direction and style of offense, no?

Everyone there will get their interview...heck Hill make take one with him??? 

No doubt DeRuyter will bring someone or two with him??  DeRuyter has his "Cronies" make no mistake about it.  Just look at his buddy Boeh
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

CWClassof2007

I am still trying to figure out why people like Lorenzo Neal are saying they don't like how Fresno State went through the hiring process. I don't get why people are upset they didn't hire someone familiar with the program. Sometimes you need an outsider to come in & take the reigns. I think that he'll do fine. People just need to not expect a BCS bowl in his first few years.

bksflddan

—Fresno State has hired Texas A&M interim coach Tim DeRuyter to replace the fired Pat Hill as head coach.
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!