News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Jimmy Mac to FSU

Started by BlueBlood, December 09, 2011, 08:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBlood

Do you think McElwain can lead FSU tothe the promised land?? Thoughts?
"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."  -Joe Paterno
      "Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good."  -Joe Paterno
      "Losing a game is heartbreaking. Losing your sense of excellence or worth is a tragedy."  -Joe Paterno

CWClassof2007

Quote from: BlueBlood on December 09, 2011, 08:50:24 AM

Not sure what the promise land would be. But yeah I think he would make a great head coach as long as he could get a half decent defensive coordinator to come with him.

Denver Viking

Quote from: BlueBlood on December 09, 2011, 08:50:24 AM

He'd probably be a great fit if he can bring a back like Richardson with him. I'd guess that he makes more as an assistant at Alabama than Fresno would pay as a HC though.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

Klin97

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 09, 2011, 09:23:47 AM
Not sure what the promise land would be. But yeah I think he would make a great head coach as long as he could get a half decent defensive coordinator to come with him.

BCS Bowl

lacity

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Klin97 on December 09, 2011, 10:41:29 AM
BCS Bowl

I figured that but I'd be happy with an outright conference championship.

Ken Kaniff

just missed out on charlie weis

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Ken Kaniff on December 09, 2011, 11:51:24 AM
just missed out on charlie weis
No big loss there. Actually he is big.

izne1home

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 09, 2011, 12:21:31 PM
No big loss there. Actually he is big.

We lost a big man, but it wasn't a big loss. 

eartotheground

Difference between JM (418 ypg) at Fresno State and Grady this year (411 ypg) is only 7 yards!!! it's not that much of an upgrade from an offensive perspective.  The problem is still that defense. The Dogs need a little bit of a scheme tweek on offense and a major personell changes son defense. Even this year at Bama jM only produced 433 yards per game (30th in the nation) with all that talent.  Fresno State ranked 40th on total offense.  The issues are two fold at Fresno State, all the offense is wrapped up in only three players (small skill players), and very few play makers on defense.

WallofPain

Quote from: eartotheground on December 09, 2011, 12:24:57 PM
Difference between JM (418 ypg) at Fresno State and Grady this year (411 ypg) is only 7 yards!!! it's not that much of an upgrade from an offensive perspective.  The problem is still that defense. The Dogs need a little bit of a scheme tweek on offense and a major personell changes son defense. Even this year at Bama jM only produced 433 yards per game (30th in the nation) with all that talent.  Fresno State ranked 40th on total offense.  The issues are two fold at Fresno State, all the offense is wrapped up in only three players (small skill players), and very few play makers on defense.

against different defensive talent than what Fresno State plays against. Or are those numbers "adjusted" to compensate for the discrepancy?
Effort
Attitude
Guts
Leadership
Excellence
Spirit

Harry Carey

"Bama and Fresno St. run basically the same offense. The difference being Alabama has a better player in every position.
If you want change for the sake of change hire him.

Sixtynine

Quote from: eartotheground on December 09, 2011, 12:24:57 PM

Bama had a first year QB, and lost a top 5 draft pick WR in Julio Jones... not too mention playing in the SEC.  Sure they "only" averaged 7 more yards than Fresno State, but the competition was just alittle bit better
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Coach Hurd

Who's going to pay JM? He was just given a raise at Bama. We can't afford it. Why not someone local who has contacts all over the state and has coached at large universities? Why not be realistic about who FSU is, we aren't Boise, we aren't going to be Boise anytime soon. Start realistically and build from that point. We already tried to be something we aren't, let's try this again with lesson's learned in hand and be who we can be.

Scott VanHoosier

"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

allaboutfb

Quote from: Coach Hurd on December 09, 2011, 02:52:24 PM
Who's going to pay JM? He was just given a raise at Bama. We can't afford it. Why not someone local who has contacts all over the state and has coached at large universities? Why not be realistic about who FSU is, we aren't Boise, we aren't going to be Boise anytime soon. Start realistically and build from that point. We already tried to be something we aren't, let's try this again with lesson's learned in hand and be who we can be.

Who are the options?

JakeBaseball

Anyone who watched Fresno State in 2007 would not be against him being hired...that year the offense was original, fresh, and creative
That just happened

Division IV Junkie

Quote from: Scott VanHoosier on December 09, 2011, 03:20:35 PM
Please tell me you're not serious...

I hope he wasn't either...They would be middle to back  of the pack in the MW next year...and i'm sticking with what I've been saying, and I hope they prove me wrong, but it will get worse then improve in the next year or two
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

CWClassof2007

Quote from: JakeBaseball on December 09, 2011, 09:24:30 PM
Anyone who watched Fresno State in 2007 would not be against him being hired...that year the offense was original, fresh, and creative
I agree but their offense wasn't half bad this year either.
Derek Carr 3,544 yards 26 TD 9 INT 144.5 passer rating
Robbie Rouse 1,549 yards 13 TD
I believe Devon Wylie is the only skill position player not returning on offense this year & he wasn't as big of a factor as Saunders & Harper were. Evans is back as well. Rouse will be back too.

JakeBaseball

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 09, 2011, 09:38:48 PM
I agree but their offense wasn't half bad this year either.
Derek Carr 3,544 yards 26 TD 9 INT 144.5 passer rating
Robbie Rouse 1,549 yards 13 TD
I believe Devon Wylie is the only skill position player not returning on offense this year & he wasn't as big of a factor as Saunders & Harper were. Evans is back as well. Rouse will be back too.

Not bad at all, but Mac is a great offensive Coach. He is the OC at Bama for Saban...he has a National Title and might grab another.

Also we dont know how hes going to do as a HC.....just because he is an OC doesnt mean the D wont improve. For all we know he has a decent D mind, and might bring in a great DC

He is the #1 assistant at the best program in the Nation.....lets not jump to conclusions yet
That just happened

JakeBaseball

That just happened