News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

ucla new coach is...

Started by taysdad, December 10, 2011, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott VanHoosier

And both are considered "players coaches"
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

bigfan

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on December 13, 2011, 07:38:06 AM
Just read on an INSIDER blog at Bruins nation that PAT HILL may be on a short list for assistant coach working for Mora at UCLA.   Even more intriguing is that he would be brought in to coach TE's.   HMMMMM.

Doesn't Coach Hill have a house in Manhatten Beach/South Bay ???  Not to far from UCLA.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Denver Viking

Quote from: bigfan on December 13, 2011, 08:08:43 AM
Doesn't Coach Hill have a house in Manhatten Beach/South Bay ???  Not to far from UCLA.

They almost have to hire former head coaches or at least guys that already have some money as assistants. Its so dang expensive to live near UCLA most assistants have to live at least an hour away! They don't pay their assistants enough to live nearby.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

taysdad

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on December 13, 2011, 07:00:16 AM
Good research.  Didnt know this.   :u:

can't take all the credit. heard it from steve hartmam, ucla alumni, on fox sports radio yesterday. just simply shared the info.

wellnow

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on December 13, 2011, 07:38:06 AM
Just read on an INSIDER blog at Bruins nation that PAT HILL may be on a short list for assistant coach working for Mora at UCLA.   Even more intriguing is that he would be brought in to coach TE's.   HMMMMM.
Heard he is in the running for the Hawaii job?

Football

Quote from: bigfan on December 13, 2011, 08:08:43 AM

lol. In LA there's a distinction between travel time and mileage.

bigfan

Quote from: Football on December 13, 2011, 07:29:33 PM
lol. In LA there's a distinction between travel time and mileage.

Yep...when you ask someone in LA "How far is it"?...30 minutes with traffic on a "Good" day.

OriginalCVFan

WOW.

Mora wastes no time.

1.  Offensive line coach Klemm from SMU - Recruiter of the year,
2.  Broussard - WR coach from ASU - Major recruiter, stealing many many kids from LA area.  Some ASU commits going to jump ship and stay at UCLA, Kenny Lawlor, and a few other LBPoly 3 and 4 star recruits
3.  DBacks coach from Washington - Good Get

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/ucla-football-jim-mora-hires-coaches-.html

Gotta like the guys MOXIE.  Aggressive dude, and well spoken on the phone!!!!
]

wellnow

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on December 14, 2011, 01:38:23 PM
WOW.

Mora wastes no time.

1.  Offensive line coach Klemm from SMU - Recruiter of the year,
2.  Broussard - WR coach from ASU - Major recruiter, stealing many many kids from LA area.  Some ASU commits going to jump ship and stay at UCLA, Kenny Lawlor, and a few other LBPoly 3 and 4 star recruits
3.  DBacks coach from Washington - Good Get

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/ucla-football-jim-mora-hires-coaches-.html

Gotta like the guys MOXIE.  Aggressive dude, and well spoken on the phone!!!!
Marquis Tuiasosopo tight ends coach

wellnow

wellnow

UCLA: San Diego Chargers linebackers coach John Pagano will be the defensive coordinator at UCLA and Seahawks special teams assistant Jeff Ulbrich will be special teams coordinator.

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: wellnow on January 01, 2012, 12:10:03 PM
UCLA: San Diego Chargers linebackers coach John Pagano will be the defensive coordinator at UCLA and Seahawks special teams assistant Jeff Ulbrich will be special teams coordinator.

One out of two aint bad.!!   No Pagano.  Still waiting on the DC.

I was just kidding about Mazzone as OC being bad for TE's.  Seems Erickson was the one calling the EXTREME spread offense, and mazzone was just the facilitator.

Seems UCLA will be running a blend of West Coast, SPread, and Pro Style.  TE's are going to be in high demand.   Seems that UCLA also just kicked their next years NUMBER 2/3 TE Raymond Nelson(Modesto Christian) for getting into trouble one too many times? 
]

bigfan

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on January 09, 2012, 11:46:19 AM
One out of two aint bad.!!   No Pagano.  Still waiting on the DC.

I was just kidding about Mazzone as OC being bad for TE's.  Seems Erickson was the one calling the EXTREME spread offense, and mazzone was just the facilitator.

Seems UCLA will be running a blend of West Coast, SPread, and Pro Style.  TE's are going to be in high demand.   Seems that UCLA also just kicked their next years NUMBER 2/3 TE Raymond Nelson(Modesto Christian) for getting into trouble one too many times? 

Much better commute...Pasadena is 3hrs away!!

n2theblue

just read he kicked three players off the team, which included former Edison standout DE Wesley Flowers. Didnt specify reason though.

wellnow

UCLA: Sources close to the program tell us that Angus McClure will wind up coaching the defensive line. Unfortunately we hear that Inoke Breckterfield will be leaving the program.

tru guru

UCLA hires Sal Alosi as strength and conditioning coach.  You may remember him from his time with the Jets.  He was the coach that intentionally tripped the Miami Dolphins player on the sideline during a game.  Cost him his job and a pretty hefty fine, as I recall.

taysdad

Quote from: tru guru on January 10, 2012, 09:15:56 AM
UCLA hires Sal Alosi as strength and conditioning coach.  You may remember him from his time with the Jets.  He was the coach that intentionally tripped the Miami Dolphins player on the sideline during a game.  Cost him his job and a pretty hefty fine, as I recall.

as a dolphins fan, i remember that clear as day. pathetic!

OriginalCVFan

Pathetic is the way your team has played the for 10 years.  The tripping incident did not affect the outcome of the game and was a ridiculous brain fart of an isolated incident. 

Both are sad, but one was an isolated, meaningless incident!!!
]

izne1home

Quote from: taysdad on January 10, 2012, 04:13:50 PM
as a dolphins fan, i remember that clear as day. pathetic!

After that tripping incident, the Bullard AD thought he'd better call in all the guys that hold football sideline passes and read them the riot act about proper sideline behavior.

There was 752 guys at the meeting.

OriginalCVFan

HAHA, Classic :D

Actually only 8 have sideline passes.  Others just randomly show up, and mill around, and for some reason, they get away with it. 
]

OriginalCVFan

]