News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Buchanan/Transfers etc

Started by Cristobal, March 28, 2024, 07:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristobal

What is going on at Buchanan? 4 top players have transferred to CE for football and Baseball is a mess with midseason transfers. When did CUSD start letting everyone run rough shot over them with Inter-district transfers?

CE has established itself as the new hot bed for transfers with somewhere around 12 starting transfers in the past 2 years, I assume its the OC that came over from SJM that has all the juice.

With SJM hiring Tuman will he be able to reestablish the WYL pipeline that made SJM so successful in the past with Hanford players? Lemoore could see a mass exodus.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Cristobal on March 28, 2024, 07:45:18 AMWhen did CUSD start letting everyone run rough shot over them with Inter-district transfers?

my guess is that much like the KHSD when the new generation of people became admin and moved into the district office they are a softer bevy that would rather give in than stand their ground, they're afraid of law suites.

eylchamps

Is the 30 day sitting out still the law/rule? after a transfer
sit out during preseason and ready to play for league and playoffs.
WYL wishes they were the EYL

Cristobal

"Rules" are still the same but there is no legitimate oversight in the process. The current climate is fake full family moves and little to no transparency to gain instant eligibility.

izne1home

Didn't work for Luke Cafferty

Underdog

Quote from: Cristobal on March 28, 2024, 07:45:18 AMWith SJM hiring Tuman will he be able to reestablish the WYL pipeline that made SJM so successful in the past with Hanford players? Lemoore could see a mass exodus.

Doubtful. Maybe future Lemoore athletes, but I'd imagine none of the players that played for Coach Tuman will want to play for him in Fresno.

ExCoach

Quote from: Cristobal on March 28, 2024, 07:45:18 AMWhat is going on at Buchanan? 4 top players have transferred to CE for football and Baseball is a mess with midseason transfers. When did CUSD start letting everyone run rough shot over them with Inter-district transfers?

CE has established itself as the new hot bed for transfers with somewhere around 12 starting transfers in the past 2 years, I assume its the OC that came over from SJM that has all the juice.

With SJM hiring Tuman will he be able to reestablish the WYL pipeline that made SJM so successful in the past with Hanford players? Lemoore could see a mass exodus.

Not sure of the reason, but curious as to who is transferring?

ThePack

Quote from: Cristobal on March 28, 2024, 07:45:18 AMWhat is going on at Buchanan? 4 top players have transferred to CE for football and Baseball is a mess with midseason transfers. When did CUSD start letting everyone run rough shot over them with Inter-district transfers?

Something fishy going on at East - they get the 3or 4 Buchanan kids , Smallwood from Central and rumor is the freshman qb from North is headed there or already there too ?  No recruiting going on I'm sure . Just hard working families that just want to move from the north of Herndon to the  east side -   

Sixtynine

Quote from: ThePack on March 30, 2024, 12:24:10 PMSomething fishy going on at East - they get the 3or 4 Buchanan kids , Smallwood from Central and rumor is the freshman qb from North is headed there or already there too ?  No recruiting going on I'm sure . Just hard working families that just want to move from the north of Herndon to the  east side -   

The frosh QB is pitching on varsity at CN right now. Doesn't mean he won't leave after the season, but he's not there now
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

CEJlo

Quote from: ThePack on March 30, 2024, 12:24:10 PMSomething fishy going on at East - they get the 3or 4 Buchanan kids , Smallwood from Central and rumor is the freshman qb from North is headed there or already there too ?  No recruiting going on I'm sure . Just hard working families that just want to move from the north of Herndon to the  east side -   

It stinks when people who probably have dealt with rumors or has been affected by them, then turn around and start rumors.  I thought coaches (in general) saved the baseless, truthless, non-factual, rumors to the democrats?lol sorry not going politics!

For those Who don't know the state of high school football... It is not good! It is extremely difficult to find hard-working knowledgeable coaches at any level the coaching world is dwindling! student athletes are getting pulled by different sports, Club sports, parents, Gurus, money,  etc.
With that said, my humble opinion of why Clovis East Has kids and families wanting to be at their school (in general), includes (athletics, band, ag, multicultural programs.) is because;

-Knowledgeable, solid hard working coaching staff that loves molding student athletes.
-An amazing administration that backs their athletics just as fierce as every program on campus!
-STABILITY, more on campus coaches (football) than anywhere in the valley. They serve in different departments across Clovis East and Reyburn.
-The most diverse student body across Clovis Unified! That is real life!
- Our athletes seek out their coaches at lunch to hang out! (That doesn't happen everywhere)!
-WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE our athletes to play other sports! (There is value in every sport outside of the obvious)!
-We are organized And intentional in what we do and the time we spend with our anthletes.
-who doesn't like an underdog? (Well besides Clovis high PACK)
-last of all we love our kids and we love to COMPETE.

Parents in my opinion want stability, growth, guidance, care, and love for their kids. If the word is out about East or some other school and that's not happening at your school. parents/kids will go to great lengths. not fishy to me. But if you know something I don't know feel free to share!

Timmy Winn

Guys we've got the official statement from CE's Director of Recruiting, nothing to see here.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on March 30, 2024, 03:39:07 PMThe frosh QB is pitching on varsity at CN right now. Doesn't mean he won't leave after the season, but he's not there now

Why would Wilson leave CN when he can step right into QB1 at a school that returns enough talent to make another run at the state title? Plus Miller is a JR...that doesn't make sense to me.

CEJlo

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 30, 2024, 07:02:49 PMWhy would Wilson leave CN when he can step right into QB1 at a school that returns enough talent to make another run at the state title? Plus Miller is a JR...that doesn't make sense to me.

You got me Timmy! If responding to nonsense and sticking up for my school and our reputation is recruiting then you got me! And to your question on why a QB would  want to come to East I would answer it with a question. Why did so many great WR's leave East in the last 10 years?

Timmy Winn

Quote from: CEJlo on March 30, 2024, 09:49:02 PMYou got me Timmy! If responding to nonsense and sticking up for my school and our reputation is recruiting then you got me! And to your question on why a QB would  want to come to East I would answer it with a question. Why did so many great WR's leave East in the last 10 years?
I could see a QB wanting to go the CE for sure. I can't see that QB going there. Why would he sit for a year on a team (CE)that will likely be worse than one he could start on (CN)? Doesn't make sense. I think CN's baseball program is better off for the next couple of years too. I'm not saying it's not going to happen it just seems like strange logic. Unless he has buddies @ CE that he wants to play with and rings don't matter as much. Which is fine.

anthilllegend

That's a lot of bravado being tossed around for a school that has only won 10 conference football games since 2009 (10-58). While the T-Wolves did finally achieve competitive relevance in 2023 (in football).  They are hardly an athletic pillar of the conference.  And, it's not like CE is piling up TRAC and Central Section titles in the other major sports (basketball and baseball).  Check the Anthill on this...but isn't badminton the T-wolves premiere sport.  Further more, it would be short-sided (if not blind) to think that the other 5 TRAC schools who have dominated CE for the last 15 years, do not focus on the same nine nurturing and admirable "bullet points" that CEJlo so proudly listed.  While the 9 bullet points are a great schematic/mission statement, they are hardly ground breaking characteristics amongst successful Clovis Unified or Central Unified programs. In closing, it was great to see the Timberwolves enter the fray once again (football) after a decade and a half absence.  Especially enjoyed their never give up/comeback effort against Clovis North (that fell just short).  But, greatness and tradition is built on repetitive success over a lengthy amount of time... not on a single recruiting class or close loss moral victories.  Maybe 2024 will be the beginning of the next Pack "Decade of Dominance."  It would be the Ants recommendation to get that first title under your belt....before you start rattling the lions cage.

The Anthilllegend

Timmy Winn

I hate to burst the little bubble of CE excitement but isn't it funny that CE feels like it's achieving some sports relevance right before they get busted in half to create Clovis South. Let's see where those programs are when South comes online and takes half of your athletes.

ThePack

Quote from: CEJlo on March 30, 2024, 04:09:00 PMIt stinks when people who probably have dealt with rumors or has been affected by them, then turn around and start rumors.  I thought coaches (in general) saved the baseless, truthless, non-factual, rumors to the democrats?lol sorry not going politics!

For those Who don't know the state of high school football... It is not good! It is extremely difficult to find hard-working knowledgeable coaches at any level the coaching world is dwindling! student athletes are getting pulled by different sports, Club sports, parents, Gurus, money,  etc.
With that said, my humble opinion of why Clovis East Has kids and families wanting to be at their school (in general), includes (athletics, band, ag, multicultural programs.) is because;

-Knowledgeable, solid hard working coaching staff that loves molding student athletes.
-An amazing administration that backs their athletics just as fierce as every program on campus!
-STABILITY, more on campus coaches (football) than anywhere in the valley. They serve in different departments across Clovis East and Reyburn.
-The most diverse student body across Clovis Unified! That is real life!
- Our athletes seek out their coaches at lunch to hang out! (That doesn't happen everywhere)!
-WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE our athletes to play other sports! (There is value in every sport outside of the obvious)!
-We are organized And intentional in what we do and the time we spend with our anthletes.
-who doesn't like an underdog? (Well besides Clovis high PACK)
-last of all we love our kids and we love to COMPETE.

Parents in my opinion want stability, growth, guidance, care, and love for their kids. If the word is out about East or some other school and that's not happening at your school. parents/kids will go to great lengths. not fishy to me. But if you know something I don't know feel free to share!

It's never Fishy when you're catching the fish ... lol

Bn is doing a great job.  And I wish him all the luck -  as the Liberals say,  Question everything ..... lol 

Sixtynine

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 31, 2024, 09:44:48 AMI hate to burst the little bubble of CE excitement but isn't it funny that CE feels like it's achieving some sports relevance right before they get busted in half to create Clovis South. Let's see where those programs are when South comes online and takes half of your athletes.

I'm very interested in that dynamic for sure. To go the other way, it's a big deal that the new boundary proposal has CE taking Gettysburg Elementary away from Clovis High again, without Clovis High gaining another school for now.
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Raw Dawg Sports

Over the last decade who has the most wins in CUSD?  Central has to be the leader for wins in the TRAC.  But CE has to be the absolute bottom for wins in over the last decade?  My presumption for wins in by CUSD schools over the last 10 years would be, Buchanan, Clovis West, Clovis, Clovis North....................Clovis East?

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on April 01, 2024, 10:26:03 AMI'm very interested in that dynamic for sure. To go the other way, it's a big deal that the new boundary proposal has CE taking Gettysburg Elementary away from Clovis High again, without Clovis High gaining another school for now.
Gettysburg has been like a kid in a custody battle since its inception. Back and forth forever. Also been arguably the best producer of male athletes historically (maybe not recently) of all CHS area feeder schools.

Timmy Winn