News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Haupt to West Point

Started by Denver Viking, January 14, 2015, 10:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Viking

Congrats to Hayden Haupt on his verbal commitment to West Point this past weekend. He will get a great education while playing for a program that looks to be on the way up after 15 years of futility.

As the Princeton football coach told a potential recruit, "the only place that you will get a better education than here is West Point." That recruit ended his West Point career with the record single game rushing performance in school history and a celebrated chemical engineering student.

Scout.com has a story on Haupt's commitment.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

laidback

Quote from: Denver Viking on January 14, 2015, 10:55:33 AM
He will get a great education while playing for a program that looks to be on the way up after 15 years of futility.

Until they play Navy again. :D
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

mw1

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Denver Viking

Now that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are over Army will get over the hump. Possibly more like the mid 90's when Army was winning 5 in a row. Navy's been getting by in some close games lately with much superior talent to Army. With the talent gap closing you will see Army win in the next couple years. Maybe not 2015, but by 2016.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

Lurchy

Great young man....showed great leadership as a young man in tough situations.

The kind of man you want as an officer......leads by example and takes responsibility for the whole team!

Men will follow him if he chooses to make the military his career.

Enjoy your hair and beard while you still can Hayden....lol!

Heck of an athlete also....btw

:)-
"Nothing in life that is of value comes easy. If good things came easily then the value would be diminished. When we have a vested interest, when we give everything we have, then, and only then are those good times valuable."
― George M. Gilbert

Denver Viking

Quote from: Lurchy on January 24, 2015, 10:58:33 PM
Great young man....showed great leadership as a young man in tough situations.

The kind of man you want as an officer......leads by example and takes responsibility for the whole team!

Men will follow him if he chooses to make the military his career.

Enjoy your hair and beard while you still can Hayden....lol!

Heck of an athlete also....btw

:)-

Then West Point is the place for him. No better place to hone your leadership ability. And there is no place like the Army (or Marines) where a 22-23 year old can be placed in a leadership role over 20-30 experienced people. I'm sure he won't enjoy all aspects of West Point, but the lessons learned will stick with him forever.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!

Denver Viking

Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!