News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

9-0 vs. 9-0?

Started by Darth Backer, October 30, 2017, 07:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Backer

Pretty exciting game coming up this Friday in Tulare.  Let's put together some historical perspective, in 2014, there was the very first 9-0 vs. 9-0 Milk Can game in Lemoore.  I'm sure during the old NYL days there were a number of 9-0 vs. 9-0 Clovis vs. Clovis West match-ups.  Let's hear also from the smaller schools.  What's our local history on these undefeated games?

Gamer03

Darth, has Cowhide ever featured 9-0 vs. 9-0?

bksflddan

CalPreps sez TU by 2 TD's ... 42-28
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

ThetruthBeTold

I'd take my chances stacking 8 in the box and try to stop Kazmir.  I'll take my chances with Edwards .  Blitz all night. 

mkb152

Quote from: Gamer03 on October 30, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

Not Darth, but in 1978, MW played Redwood for the Valley Championship game as well.  That *might* have been 9-0 vs 9-0, but I'm not sure.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on October 30, 2017, 03:33:22 PM
I'd take my chances stacking 8 in the box and try to stop Kazmir.  I'll take my chances with Edwards .  Blitz all night.

Have you seen this team play in person or film?
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Darth Backer

Quote from: Gamer03 on October 30, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

I have seen 8-1 vs. 8-1, 1998 or 1999?

Darth Backer

Quote from: mkb152 on October 31, 2017, 12:13:49 AM
Not Darth, but in 1978, MW played Redwood for the Valley Championship game as well.  That *might* have been 9-0 vs 9-0, but I'm not sure.

I don't think Redwood came into that Cowhide unbeaten.

Sixtynine

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

diesel

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on October 31, 2017, 06:30:59 AM

I've seen both up close.......3 score difference.....TU......JMO.......

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: diesel on October 31, 2017, 01:02:30 PM
I've seen both up close.......3 score difference.....TU......JMO.......

I was referring to his strategy. You can't cover 4 guys with 3 defenders. If he figures out a way to do that please by all means fill us in. BTW, I agree with you on the score.
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

diesel

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on October 31, 2017, 01:34:42 PM
I was referring to his strategy. You can't cover 4 guys with 3 defenders. If he figures out a way to do that please by all means fill us in. BTW, I agree with you on the score.

Yeah, I don't think anyone has enough to stop that offense at TU.......I watched Mission Oak play pretty good defense against them the first two series and it didn't matter....the QB ran it in for TD's BOTH times!! Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth, right? LOL!!

Coach Scudder

Seen both/played both. 

TU rolls in this one!!! By 4TD's, at least!!

MonarchPride

I'll give props to both teams but this one is going to come down to defense. With almost identical schedules TW has given up half as many points as TU. Dinuba put up 47 on TU and I believe the TW offense is much better than Dinuba.

Prediction against the rest of the crowd... TW 42 TU 35

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on October 31, 2017, 06:30:59 AM

In person.  Kazmir is just waayy to fast and nimble to play straight up.  He somewhat reminds me of Charles Williams from Bullard a few years back.  Such a game breaker.  You  cannot not play passive, you have to go after him. 

diesel

Quote from: MonarchPride on November 01, 2017, 12:53:28 PM
I'll give props to both teams but this one is going to come down to defense. With almost identical schedules TW has given up half as many points as TU. Dinuba put up 47 on TU and I believe the TW offense is much better than Dinuba.

Prediction against the rest of the crowd... TW 42 TU 35

No way TW can hold that offense to 35........JMO.....

Sixtynine

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Coach559

Quote from: diesel on November 01, 2017, 01:29:06 PM
No way TW can hold that offense to 35........JMO.....

If that offense doesn't get on the field, it can't score....

diesel

Quote from: Coach559 on November 01, 2017, 02:08:13 PM
If that offense doesn't get on the field, it can't score....

TW put 13 points on a winless Mission Oak in the first half......the same Mission Oak that TU dropped 49 on in the first half......if MO can make TW punt, so can TU.......

tularepride

Quote from: diesel on November 01, 2017, 03:50:44 PM
TW put 13 points on a winless Mission Oak in the first half......the same Mission Oak that TU dropped 49 on in the first half......if MO can make TW punt, so can TU.......

That was against a MO team that was hyped with homecoming and a ridiculous rap song. Credit to them to come out tough but TU played a broken down team that had given up by that point. Plus TW was up on porterville 35-0 at half while TU was only up 28-14. You can nitpick every game but all that goes out the window in a rivalry game.

tularepride