News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Coaches - Who's on the Choppin' Block?

Started by All Star Kev, November 03, 2016, 06:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the football guy

Quote from: CMPunk on November 09, 2016, 09:50:19 PM

Everything you just said was completely accurate! I couldn't have said it better myself! It's like the current staff there had made it a mission to kill what Clovis East was when it first started! From the reliable source that ive got, none of the assistant coaches really care except who brings the next 6-pack to the meeting.

What East needs now is someone who can bring back the old mentality and someone who shows them who ACTUALLY cares about the game just as much as those kids do. That was exactly Murphy's mentality as well as his assistants that he had there during his stay. Unfortunately if the AD doesn't really care, then we're going to continue to see CE as the laughing stock of D1. 
I know a young eager coach who had a few HC interviews this past off season but for what ever reason came up short, I think he would put toeghter a good very committed staff that would be willing to put in unlimited hours and change the mind set and bring in a ton of energy. I beleive he is a Tim Simions guy.

Darth Backer

Everything you just said was completely accurate! I couldn't have said it better myself! It's like the current staff there had made it a mission to kill what Clovis East was when it first started! From the reliable source that ive got, none of the assistant coaches really care except who brings the next 6-pack to the meeting.

What East needs now is someone who can bring back the old mentality and someone who shows them who ACTUALLY cares about the game just as much as those kids do. That was exactly Murphy's mentality as well as his assistants that he had there during his stay. Unfortunately if the AD doesn't really care, then we're going to continue to see CE as the laughing stock of D1.

If they are only showing up with sixers then they aren't drinking nearly as much as most coaching staffs...

TeddyKGB

This comment is not directed at anyone (coaching staff/coach) in particular, but I have to agree with the statement that success starts at the top. If the head coach is not leading by example, demanding/expecting a certain level of commitment and effort then the program will reflect that. If the staff is complacent the kids will be. I don't care what the talent level is; you can and should expect and give max effort. W's will take care of themselves and L's will come no matter what but you can always give full effort.

Bronco

I totally agree with that Teddy . If adults who claim to be coaches are not being held accountable how can they expect to hold the kids accountable . If assistants are not showing up to practice they should not be allowed to Coach. If players are not showing up to practice they should not be allowed to Play. It all starts with accountability & accountability starts at the top.

ThetruthBeTold

;)

steve-o

Quote from: Bronco on November 10, 2016, 10:44:55 AM
I totally agree with that Teddy . If adults who claim to be coaches are not being held accountable how can they expect to hold the kids accountable . If assistants are not showing up to practice they should not be allowed to Coach. If players are not showing up to practice they should not be allowed to Play. It all starts with accountability & accountability starts at the top.
hence why you might see some of the same players playing both way?  Hmmmmmm
if your not cheating your not trying!!

hsfootballfan27

I believe you have it right teddy . Now for the chopping block headline on this thread is rediculess. These are high school teachers with benefits and retirements they have put together for themselves through the districts they work in. They coach because they love the game but they are teachers first with families to support. They are not getting paid 6 figures like why would they be on the chopping block. I mean is the admin going to find a top notch coach to make 60k a year most likely not. The crap a coach has to put up with during the offseason is crazy. Mad parents, players getting into trouble grades players quitting so now your numbers are down. This is still just high school ball not  Notre Dame.

Darth Backer

Quote from: hsfootballfan27 on November 10, 2016, 11:49:04 AM
I believe you have it right teddy . Now for the chopping block headline on this thread is rediculess. These are high school teachers with benefits and retirements they have put together for themselves through the districts they work in. They coach because they love the game but they are teachers first with families to support. They are not getting paid 6 figures like why would they be on the chopping block. I mean is the admin going to find a top notch coach to make 60k a year most likely not. The crap a coach has to put up with during the offseason is crazy. Mad parents, players getting into trouble grades players quitting so now your numbers are down. This is still just high school ball not  Notre Dame.

CUSD might be the only spot that is the exception...

TeddyKGB

I don't know about CUSD, but here in the KHSD just because a guy loses his head coaching job he doesnt lose his teaching job. I would be willing to bet that being fired as a head football coach from a KHSD position is the only job where you actually make more money after losing your position.

the football guy

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 10, 2016, 12:56:44 PM
I don't know about CUSD, but here in the KHSD just because a guy loses his head coaching job he doesnt lose his teaching job. I would be willing to bet that being fired as a head football coach from a KHSD position is the only job where you actually make more money after losing your position.
It all depends  if the school district has a union or not. I was offered a job not to long ago that came  with football after I had been coaching there, and it was a football exclusive only job. that school disrict didnt have a union. so I passed on that pretty good job at a pretty good High school with great people

ironman45

i saw on the scoop that the coach at Delano stepped down

ironman45