News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Can anyone explain this to me?

Started by GoldenHawksFootball, February 05, 2015, 10:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenHawksFootball

Wow! How did this thread turn into Morman missionary husbands? Good golly!

Hey I still don't buy into the Vance Sams body type not being the prototype linebacker. There's lots of oversized linebackers that have transitioned to the next level. CJ Mosely, Lawrence Timmons, Brian Urlacher, Takeo Spikes, Ray Lewis, even Harry Carson. Shoot Luke Kuechely (sp) is a pretty big LB. This Sams could even be an effective edge rusher like Terrell Suggs. The bottom line is if the dude has size, if the dude has speed, if the dude can play, if the dude can hit, if the dude has grades, if the dude is honorable and if the dude stays out of trouble some D1 team would have offered him. That's a ton of if's but the biggest is if he plays like Dick Butkus and was the "so called" best player in the valley, then how did scouts not see that?

According to Quinn the Eskimo if you watched the Edison Liberty VC game, Vance Sams was Dick Butkus and Krys Barnes was not on the radar.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Soaring Eagle on February 12, 2015, 10:58:27 AM
Not totally correct...  If the player is 'called' to serve a mission, it typically occurs before they start playing football for BYU.  Right now, Coach Mendenhall is trying to get his kids to make the choice to play at least one year (Freshman year) on the team, before leaving on their mission.  A couple of years ago the church lowered the age requirement to serve a mission, which allowed more men to leave upon finishing High School (instead of attending a year at BYU before leaving), but it is not required to leave right out of high school.  A student can request a later date to serve.

My son (who is not LDS) loves Provo, but the most difficult part of being there for him, is the lack of 'available' non LDS ladies in the area.  Most LDS woman are looking for a LDS man and for those few non LDS women, it is not they walk around with a sticker on their forehead saying "I am not LDS"  lol
There are more non Momon churches in Fresno & Clovis than there are in the entire state of Utah. That's a fact.

GoldenHawksFootball

Wow! Fresno State just offered Krys Barnes today. Think this post had anything to do with it? This made #10 offer. And in no time Mr. Barnes got his 1st SEC offer. #11- the LSU Tigers. Who's next?

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on February 12, 2015, 12:15:52 PM

Hey I still don't buy into the Vance Sams body type not being the prototype linebacker. There's lots of oversized linebackers that have transitioned to the next level. CJ Mosely, Lawrence Timmons, Brian Urlacher, Takeo Spikes, Ray Lewis, even Harry Carson. Shoot Luke Kuechely (sp) is a pretty big LB. This Sams could even be an effective edge rusher like Terrell Suggs. The bottom line is if the dude has size, if the dude has speed, if the dude can play, if the dude can hit, if the dude has grades, if the dude is honorable and if the dude stays out of trouble some D1 team would have offered him. That's a ton of if's but the biggest is if he plays like Dick Butkus and was the "so called" best player in the valley, then how did scouts not see that?

According to Quinn the Eskimo if you watched the Edison Liberty VC game, Vance Sams was Dick Butkus and Krys Barnes was not on the radar.

I guess you can blame that one on me!!!   Look IZ, I finally got my 2nd Thread Hijacking!!!
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

Quinntheeskimo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ML9FddoE94&list=UUGa6gv5dnbKrRkSu3AHQd-w

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on February 12, 2015, 12:15:52 PM

Coach H

I actually red shirted as a freshman at BYU.  I left on my mission weighing 295 and came back weighing 240. I can attest that there is absolutely no physical advantage to going on a mission. It would have taken a lot of work to get back to lineman size.

taysdad

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on February 12, 2015, 10:03:27 PM
Wow! Fresno State just offered Krys Barnes today. Think this post had anything to do with it? This made #10 offer. And in no time Mr. Barnes got his 1st SEC offer. #11- the LSU Tigers. Who's next?

Nebraska and Oklahoma make #12 and 13 for krys!

Irish interested as well!

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2015/02/12/big-time-cali-lb-ready-nd-contact/

taysdad

arizona st makes #14 for krys. did kessler have as many offers, especially going into his senior season? i can't think of a hotter prospect in the last decade +

the football guy

@Taysdad...You Cant be serious about Krys being the hottest prospect in a Decade!!!?  I can name over a Dozen guys at least... are forgetting Cody had at least 30 offers, T Shepard, Greenberry, Right now today Celeb Kelly has all those schools plus more!!!! 25 more..plus he had all those offers going into his Jr Year...dnt put 50 on it bro... :D
Don't get me wrong Krys is a baller and can move pretty well
I would say forsure he is one of the top guys in the valley forsure and one of the top guys in the state.

axel foley

More important...what took fresno sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long??!!!!!

GoldenHawksFootball

Quote from: the football guy on February 17, 2015, 08:05:36 AM
@Taysdad...You Cant be serious about Krys being the hottest prospect in a Decade!!!?  I can name over a Dozen guys at least... are forgetting Cody had at least 30 offers, T Shepard, Greenberry, Right now today Celeb Kelly has all those schools plus more!!!! 25 more..plus he had all those offers going into his Jr Year...dnt put 50 on it bro... :D
Don't get me wrong Krys is a baller and can move pretty well
I would say forsure he is one of the top guys in the valley forsure and one of the top guys in the state.

I believe TaysDad was referring to the south valley, kern county products. In which case Barnes will probably get there and surpass Kessler's 16 offers. Barnes is a hot prospect for this area.

Cody Kessler had 16 offers including USC, Alabama, Nebraska, UCLA, Washington, Washington St, Arizona, Arizona St, Oregon St., Cal, Pittsburgh, Boise St., Fresno St., Nevada, SD St., and New Mexico St.

Caleb Kelly has 22 official offers including just about all of the Pac 12. His 10 best offers include Alabama, Florida St., LSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, USC, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami, and Arizona St. But he has been on the radar for awhile.

Krys Barnes came out of nowhere. He too has just about the entire Pac 12 offering. Nobody said a thing about him on these boards during the season. It was all Mariscal, Love, and Scott for Liberty. He flew under the radar. Barnes now with 14 offers. I believe more are coming including Notre Dame. His best offers are LSU, Oregon, USC, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona St, and Utah.

When comparing Barnes to Kessler. The offers are fairly consistent. Some might even say Barnes offers are more impressive than Kesslers when you compare them. Though Alabama hasn't offered Barnes. And that's the cream of the crop in college football. Although Barnes does have Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma and no schools like New Mexico St., SD St., or Nevada. To me Pittsburgh was an intriguing offer for Kessler. Seems out of left field. But none the less it's fun to watch. Krys will have lots of eyeballs and pressure on him during his senior season. I recommend selecting a school in the summer like Kessler and like Mariscal did so he concentrates on his season and schooling. Easy to get caught up in the hoopla.

In terms of why Fresno State was the 12th offer. I haven't the foggiest. The only thing I could come up with is that Liberty High school is not located in Texas. Maybe our central valley teams need to start putting a V sticker on their helmets to get some attention. Oh wait.... I meant "T." lol! Then they'd get the 1st offer.

taysdad

Thanks GHF, yes I meant strictly kern county. Should've clarified. And I didn't know about cody, that's why I asked.

Quinntheeskimo

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on February 17, 2015, 11:14:45 AM
I believe TaysDad was referring to the south valley, kern county products. In which case Barnes will probably get there and surpass Kessler's 16 offers. Barnes is a hot prospect for this area.

Cody Kessler had 16 offers including USC, Alabama, Nebraska, UCLA, Washington, Washington St, Arizona, Arizona St, Oregon St., Cal, Pittsburgh, Boise St., Fresno St., Nevada, SD St., and New Mexico St.

Caleb Kelly has 22 official offers including just about all of the Pac 12. His 10 best offers include Alabama, Florida St., LSU, Wisconsin, Oregon, USC, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami, and Arizona St. But he has been on the radar for awhile.

Krys Barnes came out of nowhere. He too has just about the entire Pac 12 offering. Nobody said a thing about him on these boards during the season. It was all Mariscal, Love, and Scott for Liberty. He flew under the radar. Barnes now with 14 offers. I believe more are coming including Notre Dame. His best offers are LSU, Oregon, USC, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona St, and Utah.

When comparing Barnes to Kessler. The offers are fairly consistent. Some might even say Barnes offers are more impressive than Kesslers when you compare them. Though Alabama hasn't offered Barnes. And that's the cream of the crop in college football. Although Barnes does have Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma and no schools like New Mexico St., SD St., or Nevada. To me Pittsburgh was an intriguing offer for Kessler. Seems out of left field. But none the less it's fun to watch. Krys will have lots of eyeballs and pressure on him during his senior season. I recommend selecting a school in the summer like Kessler and like Mariscal did so he concentrates on his season and schooling. Easy to get caught up in the hoopla.

In terms of why Fresno State was the 12th offer. I haven't the foggiest. The only thing I could come up with is that Liberty High school is not located in Texas. Maybe our central valley teams need to start putting a V sticker on their helmets to get some attention. Oh wait.... I meant "T." lol! Then they'd get the 1st offer.
Notre Dame has also offered Kelly.  Some great schools to choose from.  How important is the education to him?

ETKilla

Quote from: Quinntheeskimo on February 19, 2015, 03:29:47 PM
Notre Dame has also offered Kelly.  Some great schools to choose from.  How important is the education to him?

Very.  He's a very intelligent young man.  Probably a better person than athlete.
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

Coach Gutierrez

Minnesota State-Moorehead offered Sam Metcalf, and he's been in talks with Urban University as well.

Coach Gutierrez