News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Orosi Coaching Announcement

Started by OHSFTBL, February 13, 2015, 08:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHSFTBL

Orosi has named Frankie Manquero as there new head coach. Nice to see one of the best athletes in school history coming back to lead the program.

Coach Scudder

Was he already a coach in their program?

theMHSguy

Congrats coach and welcome to the best league in the valley.
"Victory is often achieved in inches, timed in seconds, and denied through mistakes. A true champion learns, through sweat and sacrifice, that he can overcome these mistakes. For a true champion, the thrill of victory is ample reward for the hardships of training." Vince Lombardi

newblood

I agree he was a very good student athlete , but it doesn't always mean he's a great coach.  Don't  get me wrong I'm just saying time will tell because  I believe  he was the head coach of the jv team the past two years and I think they only won 3 games in the last  two years, So before you make him out to be orosi's Savior let's give the young  man time to see what he can do. No disrespect coach Frankie  just this OHSFTBL IS putting you on  a pedestal before u even start your varsity head coaching job. Well good luck  coach Frankie  I'll be out there watching my nephew play for the Cardinals

TeddyKGB

Quote from: theMHSguy on February 17, 2015, 10:21:18 AM

That's a bit of a stretch considering that the TRAC, SWYL and SSL are all still in this Valley.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: TeddyKGB on February 17, 2015, 07:32:31 PM
That's a bit of a stretch considering that the TRAC, SWYL and SSL are all still in this Valley.

Typo there Ted? I think you meant CSL
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Darth Backer

Quote from: theMHSguy on February 17, 2015, 10:21:18 AM

The top 4 leagues in order:

1.) SWYL
2.) CMAC
3.) Tri-River
4.) WYL

calpreps computer rankings at the end of this season.  Hard to argue against...

sport2051

Frank will do a great a job he has been teaching there for a few years and has been able to develop relationships with the kids at the junior high. Orosi has been middle of the road for the last few years and I think he can get them over the hump and do some great things over there.

Bronco

Quote from: sport2051 on February 18, 2015, 02:51:12 PM
Frank will do a great a job he has been teaching there for a few years and has been able to develop relationships with the kids at the junior high. Orosi has been middle of the road for the last few years and I think he can get them over the hump and do some great things over there.
:u: Great & good luck - I'm glad you guys have already stopped calling your new Head Football Coach "Frankie" - He needs to be Coach now  8)

newblood

Yes I'm sure he will do a good job all I was implying is don't create  something he may not be able to do meaning change how orosi has been in the middle of the pack. The former  coach did a great job and if coach manquero can take them further  more power to him but if he doesn't then what will the blame  fall back on him because of all the hype that is being made out of this just my opinion .

coachsalinas98

Congrats coach good luck... See ya in October.. Message me if you want to talk about anything coach.
Go Cougars!

chitownbears29

I would love to hear that conversation.  :D

chitownbears29