News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

whats really going on with dinuba???

Started by ???, September 18, 2010, 08:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

???

i dont understand how they could be doing so bad? :huh:

???

Ballcoach

Really???  A beefed up pre-season schedule and losing 30 some odd seniors.  The defense is so young....they have one returner.  There were some early injuries on the offensive side of the ball too.  They should be ready for league but they will have to battle hard for every game they win this year.  No surprise there.     

Ballcoach

d-town alumni

Quote from: ??? on September 18, 2010, 08:23:05 PM
i dont understand how they could be doing so bad? :huh:
In my opinion they are just being outplayed and out-coached by the teams that they have been playing so far!! It is still early in the season but its hard to bounce back from an 0-2 start and they are gonna have their hands full from here on out!!
D-TOWN ALUMNI     "No turning back, this is forever!"

d-town alumni

matman

Quote from: d-town alumni on September 19, 2010, 11:47:06 AM
In my opinion they are just being outplayed and out-coached by the teams that they have been playing so far!! It is still early in the season but its hard to bounce back from an 0-2 start and they are gonna have their hands full from here on out!!

Out coached ???? At what point do you hold the players accountable the coaches can't tackle for these kids or think for them these boys are giving up on the field now what I believe is that unlike years past we will have to play the best 11 Players both ways

matman

Division IV Junkie

Quote from: matman on September 19, 2010, 11:15:01 PM

Out coached ???? At what point do you hold the players accountable the coaches can't tackle for these kids or think for them these boys are giving up on the field now what I believe is that unlike years past we will have to play the best 11 Players both ways

I also get tired of hearing that.  Sure maybe you can make arguments of playcalling and what not, but the kids are out there and must perform whatever play is called.  Kids win and games and coaches lose them.  That is the way it works for many.  With them losing so many, it is not a surprise
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Division IV Junkie

I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

The Eye in the Sky

In regards to the Hanford game, that team will play Porterville in the D3 final mark my words. Too many athletes on the field and I would be very suprised if Sanchez doesn't get a Scholy after his Sr year. I haven't seen a Dinuba team take a whoopin like that since we went down to Garces about 4 years ago, it was pretty hard to watch. Ballcoach hit it on the head, you cant lose that many starters and not have it hurt somewhere. Anybody who knows anything about this program knew going in the D was going to be an issue. They just need to keep working hard, prepare themselves, and play hard then let the wins and loses fall where they may.This coming from a guy who hates losing more than my six year old hates raking up pine needles in the back yard. As much as we'd like to be, we aren't C Dub where it's rings or bust. This isn't going to be like last season where we can out athlete everyone. Coaches and players are going to have to grind. Talks around town see a 2-7 season, me always being a glass half full type of person don't see it that way, but it won't be easy. We are going to find out real fast what kind of fight our boys have. 
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

The Eye in the Sky

Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Mike Honcho

Quote from: d-town alumni on September 19, 2010, 11:47:06 AM
Maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself...what is it with you...last year it was baseball this year football...if you haven't noticed Dinuba lost a lot of Athletes...team speed is down...maybe you need to coach or shut up!

Mike Honcho

matman

Quote from: Mike Honcho on September 20, 2010, 08:20:12 AM
Maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself...what is it with you...last year it was baseball this year football...if you haven't noticed Dinuba lost a lot of Athletes...team speed is down...maybe you need to coach or shut up!

I think everyone has the right to post there opinion thats what this forum is for, Mike Honcho I do agree with your assessment that D-Town Aulmni's posting 97% of the time are pointed at the flaws of Dinuba coaching so I also agree with your statement "You need to coach or shut up" DTown Alumni if you see these flaws in Dinuba coaching and have the answers you are doing the kids a disservice by not volunteering your time and coaching them right.

matman

Backwards K

Last year was an exceptional team of athletes , they perservered through adversity when they lost their starting QB John Lopez. Then David Rico stepped up and became a leader on Offense, it was one of those teams where you just happened to have athletes with size , strength & speed in key positions who were able to play both sides of the ball well IE. Devin Lee and Ivan Hodges are just two who stand out. That team was easy to coach I suspect for coach Scharton as his teams strengths were well defined, you basically drew up a game plan after watching game film of the opponent then practiced it and as long as it was executed you had a good shot at being successful that week.

In every sport sooner or later at the high school level you will have turn over in the talent pool this is what has happened to DHS football. Teams come along that make average coaching staffs appear to be great and good coaching staffs to appear average or below average. It is the nature of the beast, if you look at the lower level feeder programs (Pop Warner) teams you will see that those recent past history teams that were successful graduated up the ranks and became successful high School football teams as well.

This is the year that coach Scharton and his staff should be graded on their coaching ability not last season but this season , because this will be the season that will either demonstrate his ability to get the most out of what is available to him as athletes, whether he is able to mentally and physically prepare his players and for those players to buy into his methods of motivation and the ability to field a team that is prepared for every opponent on Friday night.

However well the coaches are able to identify the problem areas and make necessary adjustments whether it be personell changes or game time decisions will demonstrate just how competent this staff is...and for that matter the entire program...

\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Backwards K

\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

matman

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on September 20, 2010, 09:38:14 AM
Last year was an exceptional team of athletes , they perservered through adversity when they lost their starting QB John Lopez. Then David Rico stepped up and became a leader on Offense, it was one of those teams where you just happened to have athletes with size , strength & speed in key positions who were able to play both sides of the ball well IE. Devin Lee and Ivan Hodges are just two who stand out. That team was easy to coach I suspect for coach Scharton as his teams strengths were well defined, you basically drew up a game plan after watching game film of the opponent then practiced it and as long as it was executed you had a good shot at being successful that week.

In every sport sooner or later at the high school level you will have turn over in the talent pool this is what has happened to DHS football. Teams come along that make average coaching staffs appear to be great and good coaching staffs to appear average or below average. It is the nature of the beast, if you look at the lower level feeder programs (Pop Warner) teams you will see that those recent past history teams that were successful graduated up the ranks and became successful high School football teams as well.

This is the year that coach Scharton and his staff should be graded on their coaching ability not last season but this season , because this will be the season that will either demonstrate his ability to get the most out of what is available to him as athletes, whether he is able to mentally and physically prepare his players and for those players to buy into his methods of motivation and the ability to field a team that is prepared for every opponent on Friday night.

However well the coaches are able to identify the problem areas and make necessary adjustments whether it be personell changes or game time decisions will demonstrate just how competent this staff is...and for that matter the entire program...

When grading a High school head coach I don't think it is fair for it to be  based on one year I agree this will be coach Schartons biggest test but whats a realistic goal for this group? I think it is all based on what each individuals perception of what is considered success for this group. Do you believe a team can have all the talent and still lose?Has that  happened before? I am pretty sure there are some people on this board that can name some teams that had more talent than Dinuba had last year and still came up short.Lets not take away the great job coach Scharton and crew did last year if I remember last year after the Kingsburg loss the experts in the stands had written off the year as a complete loss.

matman

Backwards K

Quote from: matman on September 20, 2010, 11:34:44 AM

When grading a High school head coach I don't think it is fair for it to be  based on one year I agree this will be coach Schartons biggest test but whats a realistic goal for this group? I think it is all based on what each individuals perception of what is considered success for this group. Do you believe a team can have all the talent and still lose?Has that  happened before? I am pretty sure there are some people on this board that can name some teams that had more talent than Dinuba had last year and still came up short.Lets not take away the great job coach Scharton and crew did last year if I remember last year after the Kingsburg loss the experts in the stands had written off the year as a complete loss.

To answer your specific question, YES, All anyone has to do is point to the Raiders example....

Backwards K

linebacker

If I'm not mistaken, you Schraton bashers, didn't he just win a D3 title last year? It's H.S. football, relax. Some years you have players, some years, you don't.  The sun will come up tommorow. :D

linebacker

Backwards K

Quote from: linebacker on September 20, 2010, 11:56:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you Schraton bashers, didn't he just win a D3 title last year? It's H.S. football, relax. Some years you have players, some years, you don't.  The sun will come up tommorow. :D

Hence the comment:

Backwards K

d-town alumni

Quote from: Mike Honcho on September 20, 2010, 08:20:12 AM
You know what mike, why don't you just ignore my opinions if you don't like them, as the matter of fact why don't you just plain out leave this site for good because thats all this site is about OPINIONS!! People take these postings way to personal (even if it has nothing to do with them) I do agree that Dinuba lost a lot of athletes but you have bodies out there on that field and you have a staff that are supposed to mold those bodies into players!! and if you don't get the result on Friday night, you want to blame a player?? NO WONDER YOU DON'T COACH, OR WAIT MAYBE YOU DO?? :huh:

d-town alumni

d-town alumni

Quote from: matman on September 20, 2010, 09:26:47 AM
I think everyone has the right to post there opinion thats what this forum is for, Mike Honcho I do agree with your assessment that D-Town Aulmni's posting 97% of the time are pointed at the flaws of Dinuba coaching so I also agree with your statement "You need to coach or shut up" DTown Alumni if you see these flaws in Dinuba coaching and have the answers you are doing the kids a disservice by not volunteering your time and coaching them right.
I think the thread said whats really going on with dinuba?? and not what are d-town alumni's posts about?? back on topic, matman you have no clue who you are making these statement's towards...I thought that you were smarter than that, because if you were then you would know that maybe I am a coach and hell I might even be on your staff 8)

d-town alumni

Darth Backer

I remember Mt. Whitney falling off 0-10 the year after they won the D2...  happens all the time...  Bullard had it happen too a few years ago...  The more you stay involved with football, the more you realize that it's always more about the Jimmys and Joes than it is coaching when staffs are at a certain level.

Darth Backer

YosemiteRogue

Quote from: matman on September 20, 2010, 11:34:44 AM
Do you believe a team can have all the talent and still lose?Has that  happened before? 
Yep, Yosemite last year.

Quote from: d-town alumni on September 20, 2010, 12:42:51 PM
, matman you have no clue who you are making these statement's towards...I thought that you were smarter than that, because if you were then you would know that maybe I am a coach and hell I might even be on your staff 8)
Maybe not, after that comment! :D

"maybe, just maybe, we can all learn to play this game like men"

YosemiteRogue

"maybe, just maybe, we can all learn to play this game like men"

matman

Quote from: d-town alumni on September 20, 2010, 12:42:51 PM
I think the thread said whats really going on with dinuba?? and not what are d-town alumni's posts about?? back on topic, matman you have no clue who you are making these statement's towards...I thought that you were smarter than that, because if you were then you would know that maybe I am a coach and hell I might even be on your staff 8)

Alumni if you dont want your post critiqued there is an easy answer how to fix that. As far as my intelligence(or lack there of)that is always up for debate if you ask my youngest daughter I am Stephen Hawkins if you ask some people in town well lets just say you can call me Forrest. If you are a coach I appreciate your willingness to volunteer. I dont come on this board to play Matlock. I will say come by practice talk to me and maybe rather than giving only opinions on whats wrong we can work together about how to help our program .Our city motto is " Together a better community" stop by if you have the chance.

matman

John 3:16

The head coach and his staff are doing the best they can with what they got. When you compare it to last years team, there is a huge drop off in talent. It's not the coaches. Sometimes they (the coaches) are easiest out, but not in this case. The kids need to step it up. Some have and some haven't. Bottom line is they've played teams a little bigger, faster and stronger.  I think they'll get it together.

John 3:16

linebacker

Quote from: Darth Backer on September 20, 2010, 01:05:04 PM
I remember Mt. Whitney falling off 0-10 the year after they won the D2...  happens all the time...  Bullard had it happen too a few years ago...  The more you stay involved with football, the more you realize that it's always more about the Jimmys and Joes than it is coaching when staffs are at a certain level.
Thats all Im saying. Its all about the jimmys and joes. There are very few poor coaches at the D1-3 levels. Now, before the D4-6 guys get upset, there are some very good coaches there as well. If you have players you will win. If you don't, you won't. This is HS football, you play with what you got. It's not like you can go out and recruit to your needs.

linebacker

linebacker

I just find it funny that the guy wins a title and is up for the job at Redwood( supposedly), and in less than a year he is an idiot? Do you guys think that the playbook that won last year has changed that much? I don't think so.

linebacker

bksflddan

Can you blame coaching staff for failure?

Yep, West High with Ryan Matthews vs TU and last year Frontier vs Edison .... play calling comes from the bench ....

Last Friday Liberty vs CE ... play calling (or lack thereof) comes from the bench and poor examples of sportsmanship as well ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

matman

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on September 20, 2010, 11:53:18 AM
To answer your specific question, YES, All anyone has to do is point to the Raiders example....

Haha great example so do you agree talent still has to be coached if so did Scharton do a good job last year?

matman

d-town alumni

Quote from: John 3:16 on September 20, 2010, 01:53:58 PM
Bottom line is they've played teams a little bigger, faster and stronger.  
lol a little??  :shock:

d-town alumni

d-town alumni

Quote from: matman on September 20, 2010, 01:47:13 PM

Alumni if you dont want your post critiqued there is an easy answer how to fix that. As far as my intelligence(or lack there of)that is always up for debate if you ask my youngest daughter I am Stephen Hawkins if you ask some people in town well lets just say you can call me Forrest. If you are a coach I appreciate your willingness to volunteer. I dont come on this board to play Matlock. I will say come by practice talk to me and maybe rather than giving only opinions on whats wrong we can work together about how to help our program .Our city motto is " Together a better community" stop by if you have the chance.
matman, if you say come to practice rather than stating opinions, do you think that the field has enough room for all of the users on this site??  :huh:

d-town alumni

matman

Quote from: d-town alumni on September 20, 2010, 02:27:41 PM
matman, if you say come to practice rather than stating opinions, do you think that the field has enough room for all of the users on this site??  :huh:

Why would i invite all users on this site?? You are apparently someone who cares about Dinuba football and has hinted as to might or might not be coaching just would like to get a resolve of some kind or a common ground and work together from there.Is that a little more clear.I understand your sarcasm as to everyone having an opinion but are you serious about making things better or content with giving your opinion on a board.If you are content with just pointing out the problems than that will tell me what I need to know about you.

matman

Mike Honcho

He is a problem finder not a problem solver....remember CSL baseball

Mike Honcho

Backwards K

Quote from: matman on September 20, 2010, 02:00:33 PM
Haha great example so do you agree talent still has to be coached if so did Scharton do a good job last year?

Yes,and again one can use the Raiders' example again, how many coaches have the Raiders had in the last few years as compared to player personell turn over excluding the QB position, wouldn't you know it they're off to a 1-1 start this season...

I agree that talent has to be coached, but often times with those talented players comes intelligence and game smarts together as a package,remember most of these talented players we speak about have been playing under many different coaches and have picked up knowledge whether it be correct or incorrect and so hopefully these players are drawing from their years of experience on the field. Hopefully we have a bunch cerebral players at DHS...

Backwards K