News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Athlete of the year 2011 WOW only at CHS !

Started by 250, June 12, 2011, 10:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you pick A-B-C

A
3 (15.8%)
B
13 (68.4%)
C
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

WallofPain

Cucumber. Definitely.
Then Ty Cobb.
Just not a fan of Relative Humidity. He only played one sport.

And CW2007 is correct on two points. FCHS parents want a Christian education for their children. The school doesn't recruit athletes in the sense that most on this board use the term. (and I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times prepsters have observed that if FC recruited athletes, they do a very POOR job of it).
Point #3 about FC students who have been kicked out of CW--if this happens, it is VERY rare. And such students wouldn't automatically be allowed to participate in sports (Check eligibility rules in CIF constitution regarding transfers with academic or disciplinary problems)
This is how FC "recruiting" has been done in recent years. School representatives will, on occasion, visit local churches on a Sunday morning. They sit at a table with some school promotional material (btw, its a k-12 school, so more than half of the interest is in the jhi & elem.) The reps may give a general description of the school and its various programs. People who show interest are encouraged to visit the website for online application procedures and to contact the school office to speak with the Principal and/or registrar.

Understandably, Corcoran people are tired of losing to BCHS in various sports. This year, that wasn't an issue in baseball with BCHS taking the D4 title. Corcoran out-hit and out-pitched (what's the emoticon for understatement?) FC for the D5 c-ship. Congrats to the panthers.
And school athlete of the year selection is, in most cases, individuals' attitudes and perceptions about the nominees, and is therefore a subjective, and flawed, process.

Effort
Attitude
Guts
Leadership
Excellence
Spirit

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 14, 2011, 03:28:06 AM
Fresno Christian doesn't recruit athletes. Most of the kids that go there have parents who just want them to go to a Christian school or they were kicked out of Clovis West and it was their only option.

So CVC doesn't recruit either that's why Grant Verhoeven played against Corcoran in the semi finals in basketball this year and BCHS  Derek Carr played against Corcoran in football 3 years ago.

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 14, 2011, 06:02:25 AM
Looks like 250 is the only one that voted ..... Period.

I still vote for Jenna Prandini. 

Dude, you need to be a tad more specific.  Is it for MVP of the School, League, Valley, State.  What are the parameters.  Was Scholastics involved?  I know you edited your original post at least once, but it still has little relevance until you

You cant say:

THIS IS BULLCRAP, Which would you vote for.

a.  Cucumber
b.  Ty Cobb
c.  Relative Humidity

Then ask people to vote.  as you can see, even the very few people that CARE cant figure it out. 
I havent voted why do you people alway try to guess who it is that posted something?

Mon Tu

Quote from: 250 on June 14, 2011, 09:42:32 AM
I havent voted why do you people alway try to guess who it is that posted something?

Who are you, Captain Crunch? I feel like I need a decoder ring every time you post. What the hell are you talking about?

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: Mon Tu on June 14, 2011, 09:51:05 AM
Who are you, Captain Crunch? I feel like I need a decoder ring every time you post. What the hell are you talking about?

Classic.  I was thinking the same thing, but was going to mention the ENIGMA machine.  Capn. Crunch is better!!!!

You still havent told us if it is school mvp, league mvp, if sholastics were considered?

I have read your initial post several times, then i even read your REVISED Initial POST several times, and it still has holes you can drive a DIESEL through.  IF i read your post correctly, athlete B had a great Jr. season, but you posted no information on his Senior year.  Why in the world would anyone vote for an MVP of THIS YEAR, when he/she had a great year LAST YEAR. 

What are we missing?  We are not trying to be condescending, you just make Bakophats postings look like shakespeare, thats all.

Northern, I voted Cucumber as well.  SPOT ON!!!
]

RIVERDALE58

Im a D5 guy and us D5 people would never have a chance to win that award unless ur a private school. Sorry buddy im keeping it real.
Get er Done!!!!!

CWClassof2007

Quote from: 250 on June 14, 2011, 09:40:07 AM
So CVC doesn't recruit either that's why Grant Verhoeven played against Corcoran in the semi finals in basketball this year and BCHS  Derek Carr played against Corcoran in football 3 years ago.

I didn't say anything about CVC or BCHS. Just because they got those two guys doesn't mean that their recruiting.

WallofPain

The Carr family, as has been repeatedly stated in other threads, chose BCHS when they moved back to Bako. The school didn't recruit him. Verhoeven (sp?) is a very Dutch name. CVC is a very Dutch school. I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T go to CVC. Again, not recruiting.
Effort
Attitude
Guts
Leadership
Excellence
Spirit

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 14, 2011, 10:19:23 AM
Classic.  I was thinking the same thing, but was going to mention the ENIGMA machine.  Capn. Crunch is better!!!!

You still havent told us if it is school mvp, league mvp, if sholastics were considered?

I have read your initial post several times, then i even read your REVISED Initial POST several times, and it still has holes you can drive a DIESEL through.  IF i read your post correctly, athlete B had a great Jr. season, but you posted no information on his Senior year.  Why in the world would anyone vote for an MVP of THIS YEAR, when he/she had a great year LAST YEAR. 

What are we missing?  We are not trying to be condescending, you just make Bakophats postings look like shakespeare, thats all.

Northern, I voted Cucumber as well.  SPOT ON!!!

Hey, this is confusing enough without bringing ME into it!!  LOL!!

OriginalCVFan

Still dont understand why people are voting for number 2.  From the very POOR way the question was written, to the LACK of explanation that has been given so far, PLAYER B had a GREAT JUNIOR SEASON LAST YEAR, but didnt accomplish much THIS YEAR, but you think he should still get Athlete of the Year.   

Please define what the heck you are saying.  This is hilarious, but getting very old haha.
]

Ballcoach

I would take a cucumber over Ty Cobb & Relative Humidity any day!!  lol

izne1home

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 15, 2011, 07:40:54 AM
Still dont understand why people are voting for number 2.  From the very POOR way the question was written, to the LACK of explanation that has been given so far, PLAYER B had a GREAT JUNIOR SEASON LAST YEAR, but didnt accomplish much THIS YEAR, but you think he should still get Athlete of the Year.   

Please define what the heck you are saying.  This is hilarious, but getting very old haha.

I voted thinking it was some sort of psychological test.

ETKilla

This thread sucks.  I have no idea if its a Clovis, Chowchilla, or Coalinga.  Maybe he meant CUSD or something.  Not even sure if they're real people or hypothetical.  Delete this thread please.
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

OriginalCVFan

HAHA, thats the fun part of it.  He has been asked a dozen times to clarify, and cant. 

Seems we are voting on the perception of voting for three athletes, Athlete A did well this year, athlete b did well last year, and athlete c was....well thrown in for good measure.  Somehow the writer thinks athlete B should have won some arbitrary ATHLETE of the YEAR AWARD(were scholastics involved - we dont know, was it school, league, or valley based - we dont know, was it boys or girls, we dont know) but the one thing he was clear on, was that athlete B did well LAST YEAR, and the poster thinks He should win the award THIS year.

Hmm, IM dizzy.
]

ssfootballNo1

Sounds to me that Ryan Luna was not named athlete of the year at Corcoran. He would be selection 'B.'
Adrian Gomez is selection 'A' and selection 'C' I have no idea.
My choice is Luna but I guess he got aced out. He didn't even win MVP for baseball which shows you just much politics plays in those selections. The kid was a stud this year.
BTW, OCV, I think he's saying he was all-league in football at two different positions, MVP in baseball as they won the Valley title and in basketball, was an all-league selection. Also, he made the Hanford Sentinel's all-county team in football and basketball.

OriginalCVFan

I see 250 has changed his original post a 4th time, so now it is a tad more self explanatory.  Whew, I was getting dizzy.

]

Quote from: ssfootballNo1 on June 15, 2011, 09:58:42 PM
Sounds to me that Ryan Luna was not named athlete of the year at Corcoran. He would be selection 'B.'
Adrian Gomez is selection 'A' and selection 'C' I have no idea.
My choice is Luna but I guess he got aced out. He didn't even win MVP for baseball which shows you just much politics plays in those selections. The kid was a stud this year.
BTW, OCV, I think he's saying he was all-league in football at two different positions, MVP in baseball as they won the Valley title and in basketball, was an all-league selection. Also, he made the Hanford Sentinel's all-county team in football and basketball.
Wow you are right on. I'm pretty sure nobody in Corcoran knows who athlete C is either.Athlete B is my litttle brother and alot of people are wondering how athlete C won athlete of the year for the senior class over him. Athlete C even asked athlete B why he didn't win?

ssfootballNo1

Yeah, I nearly fell out of the press box when I heard that Luna didn't win MVP for the East Sequoia League. Hey, at least he can say he was a Valley champion.

Dirtfarmer

Yeah, but if a tree were to fall on this topic.....

BakoPhats

Bryce Hammond for BHS hands down. Undefeated in 2 years and National Champ wrestler. Kessler a second. Testament of the quality of Athletes coming from Bakersfiled. Fresno may win in team competition but individual achievements Bakersfield wins hands down! That's not including at least one Centennial baseball player was drafted by MLB the last 7 years.If all goes well and if he gets no injuries the Junior Stockdale running back should get Athlete of the year for Valley. The same one who ran all over Clovis West last year in the play-offs.
Sit down and learn from the Master.

BakoPhats

Sit down and learn from the Master.