News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Porterville Panther Football Team

Started by 49ers26, October 27, 2011, 03:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

49ers26

Porterville has not played their best football yet. They are a very good team that has a lot of potential which has yet to be seen. All they need to do is get it together and execute. They're already a formidable team as it is, imagine having them running on all cylinders. That would definitely be something to see. Although D3 is stacked with some good teams, I don't see any opponent that Porterville can't defeat.

lollygagger

Quote from: 49ers26 on October 27, 2011, 03:30:17 PM
Porterville has not played their best football yet. They are a very good team that has a lot of potential which has yet to be seen. All they need to do is get it together and execute. They're already a formidable team as it is, imagine having them running on all cylinders. That would definitely be something to see. Although D3 is stacked with some good teams, I don't see any opponent that Porterville can't defeat.

That makes two teams because the same can be said for Dinuba who haven't played a complete game as well.  Like I said any of the top 7 or 8 teams can beat the other on a given night.  Can't wait for playoffs! Next year there will be a non-league game between these two teams, that should be awesome too  :u: :u:

49ers26

That should be a great game next year, most of the porterville varsity squad is coming bak next year so they'll be ready. Hopefully Dinuba is a solid suqad next year as well. There's a strong possibility these two teams will meet each other this year in the championship, now wouldn't that be something.

valleyfbfan

Ridgeview might have something to say about that.

bandit

I think coach Stewart will get that team clicking on all cylinders come play-off time

Mr. Fan

I think Hanford will also have something to say about that.

49ers26

We'll see what they have to say in November. Porterville has enough talent to overcome any obstacles either of those teams puts in front of them. They'll be some exciting games to watch.

CDBass

Porterville has to be careful not to shoot themselves in the foot. Heard today that 8 players are suspended for disciplinary reasons. Some of their best players at that.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: CDBass on October 28, 2011, 01:53:37 PM
Porterville has to be careful not to shoot themselves in the foot. Heard today that 8 players are suspended for disciplinary reasons. Some of their best players at that.
Wow that is too bad. Good for Coach though, you gotta let the players know that they will be held accountable for their actions and that no one is bigger than "THE PROGRAM"
Coach Scharton is the same way :u:
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Coach9

Absolutely, props to coach for doing it right. Accountability!  :u:

theMHSguy

"Victory is often achieved in inches, timed in seconds, and denied through mistakes. A true champion learns, through sweat and sacrifice, that he can overcome these mistakes. For a true champion, the thrill of victory is ample reward for the hardships of training." Vince Lombardi

49ers26

I don't think the suspensions will affect the team much, Porterville has the depth on its roster to keep things rolling. It'll be good to see what the  up and coming players that are stepping up this week can offer the program.

Dirtfarmer

Don't think its going to matter much against GH. Good time to "discipline" the guys. Re-focus the guys. I'd say its a good call. Now, if the coach did it next week...

theMHSguy

Don't matter much against GH? Cross town rival games matter a lot. PHS will lose if they over look the Griz.
"Victory is often achieved in inches, timed in seconds, and denied through mistakes. A true champion learns, through sweat and sacrifice, that he can overcome these mistakes. For a true champion, the thrill of victory is ample reward for the hardships of training." Vince Lombardi

theMHSguy

I told you to never under estimate a rival game. I know, PHS lost because................... Don't give GH no credit.

Dirtfarmer

Quote from: Dirtfarmer on October 28, 2011, 05:35:35 PM
Don't think its going to matter much against GH. Good time to "discipline" the guys. Re-focus the guys. I'd say its a good call. Now, if the coach did it next week...
Well, I guess I was wrong.....!

Cowboys39

A hard lesson learned for those pville boys. I bet those suspended player feel really bad now that they cost their team a home playoff game

Dirtfarmer

Without any knowledge of the situation, which is as it should be, I have to give props to coach Stewart for making a difficult, and probably unpopular decision to suspend some  players. I would be proud of a coach that has high standards and holds the line on conduct for his players. I hope the Panther faithful supports the coach (and probably the administration as well). Porterville wil be a major factor in the playoffs, as they have been for the past two years, regardless of seeding.

Grizz51

Quote from: Dirtfarmer on October 29, 2011, 12:06:47 AM
Without any knowledge of the situation, which is as it should be, I have to give props to coach Stewart for making a difficult, and probably unpopular decision to suspend some  players. I would be proud of a coach that has high standards and holds the line on conduct for his players. I hope the Panther faithful supports the coach (and probably the administration as well). Porterville wil be a major factor in the playoffs, as they have been for the past two years, regardless of seeding.
I am pretty sure that he didn't make the decision, I think that it was made higher up. Most districts have policies that apply to all students and sports.
Remember, it's all about the kids......

RickStewart

There was both violations of school & team policy.  The coaches self reported to administration and appropriate actions were taken.  The coaches' discipline will be tacked on to district policy.

Sounds like I need to hire 49ers26 as my offensive coordinator.  Sounds like he has alot of knowledge about offensive strategy.  I hope he calls me or hands me his resume... :D
Better Today, Not as Good as Tomorrow

RickStewart

Better Today, Not as Good as Tomorrow