News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Porterville Panthers Vs. Mission Oak Hawks

Started by 49ers26, October 09, 2013, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49ers26

Battle tested Porterville faces untested Mission Oak. Who comes out on top and why?

hardhitter23

I want to go for Mission Oak they are looking good and is a powerful team regardless of their schedule

CDBass

This could be interesting. Statistically speaking it will showcase Tulare County's best Offense against the best Defense. Something's got to give.

Ballcoach

I absolutely love the Hawks, but feel their defensive 2ndry will be the weak link in trying to defend the PHS run game, most espeically sweeps, options and play action passes.  I expect MO to stuff the inside run.  Their front 7 is strong, fast, experienced, agressive and very fundamentally sound.  They can help the 2ndry out by generating some pressure on the pass by not giving up soft eges on the outside runs.
This is a huge test for MOHS...they haven't been pushed or tested at all this year. I think PHS has the overall edge and feel that the Hawks will need a huge game out of their passing offense because the Panthers will be totally dialed in on Porchia in the run game.  The Hawks have the talent and the defenisve scheme to beat PHS but I think Porterville pulls it out and continues clicking on all cyclinders.

Dirtfarmer

After watching MO on Thurs night TV against MW, they look like a solid team, although MW is really down. Seeing in person what Porterville did to a good Dinuba team makes me think that this is a mismatch. The Panthers win big.

valleyfan

Porterville controls the clock and grinds it out in a close one.

CDBass

Porterville's offense has done everything this year but control the clock. I guess anything is possible. Their average drive is 3 or 4 plays. Should be interesting though, Porterville has scored 40 touchdowns in 5 games while MO has only given up 4 in 5 games. (and 3 of those were in the 4th quarter of games that were already decided)

valleyfan

Quote from: CDBass on October 10, 2013, 02:16:14 PM
Porterville's offense has done everything this year but control the clock. I guess anything is possible. Their average drive is 3 or 4 plays. Should be interesting though, Porterville has scored 40 touchdowns in 5 games while MO has only given up 4 in 5 games. (and 3 of those were in the 4th quarter of games that were already decided)
think it will be more 3 to 5 yards and a cloud of dust against a good D, but they will still move the ball.

SOUTHPAWQB

Where is the game being played in porterville?

lollygagger

Porterville will win by atleast 3 scores, 55-28, MO can not keep up offensively. Their defense has been untested,  not one potent offense on their schedule yet. Exeter is the best team they have played and they are an average squad.

Who cares

Quote from: lollygagger on October 10, 2013, 05:43:44 PM
Porterville will win by atleast 3 scores, 55-28, MO can not keep up offensively. Their defense has been untested,  not one potent offense on their schedule yet. Exeter is the best team they have played and they are an average squad.

Not impressed with either team!

SOUTHPAWQB

Quote from: lollygagger on October 10, 2013, 05:43:44 PM
They better pick it up to score 55...20-7 oaks at the half.  Not physical at all.  Blocked punt with 13 secs before half.

lollygagger

Shows how much I know lol last score I saw was 27-7 MO. I know the ballcoach will be happy about this one

Coach559

Wow M.O. 'S defense held them to 7 points.  But the special teams gave them 2

chicanofootball

Ballcoach

The ole ballcoach got to witness a thoroughly impressive butt kicking by his beloved Hawks!!!  Gambini's D was dialed in the entire night, the special teams made a huge play at the end of the first half and the ground game and play action by the offense controlled the flow and time of possession.  MO straight handled the Panthers in all 3 facets of the game.  D genereated 4 turnovers, 3 fumbles and 1 int, the special teams created another turnover with the blocked punt at the end of the 2nd quarter and the offense just ground away on the panthers defensive front. The Panthers got one big play over the top of the MO defense in the 1st quarter, but no big plays in the pass game after that.  The front seven spilled the run and the safeties were dialed in on the outside run lanes and just brought the wood all night long.  I'm still pumped!!!  Panthers were shell shocked at half-time walking off the field not knowing what the heck they had just run into.  MO brought their physicality up to another level tonight and it was damn impressive to see.  They made the Panthers pretty one dimensional in the second half and the D line just started teeing off.  What a great win!!!  I've known Gambini a long time and this is probably his best defense ever. Whatever liability I thought the DB's would be in tyring to defend the big play threats of Porterville were erased by the strength and speed of a swarming defense out to prove who the best team in the EYL really is.  Go get em Hawks!!!   :u:

Coach559

That is true Ballcoach.  Porterville looked defeated when they walked away at halftime.  But The season isn"t over for them. EYL and a VC is still possible, but hopefully M.O. doesn't have any let downs the rest of league play.

Dirtfarmer

Great win Mission Oak, way to step up in a big game! A loss like this might be the best thing for Porterville at this point in the season, they need to bounce back next week and play well. They could still get the top seed in D3.

CDBass

Wow...that is one heck of a defense MO has. I was real impressed with them. MO just out played Porterville.

Coach Scudder

Quote from: CDBass on October 11, 2013, 07:47:03 AM
Wow...that is one heck of a defense MO has. I was real impressed with them. MO just out played Porterville.

Absolutely the best D I have seen in quite a while, and that offence is no joke either!!  Well done MO players and coaches!!  You earned the win, best of luck the rest of the way.

Coach Scudder