News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Anyone has D5 playoffs predictions

Started by @ztecs4life, November 03, 2013, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz51

Based on the bracket provided by DarthBacker and the MaxPreps playoff predictions here are the match ups:

#1 -    LINDSAY
#16 -    BYE

#8 -   CARUTHERS
#9 -   CORCORAN

#5 -    SHAFTER
#12 -    IMMANUEL

#4 -    KERN VALLEY
#13 -    PARLIER

#2 -    LIBERTY (M)
#15 -   BYE

#7 -   WOODLAKE
#10 -   SIERRA

#6 -   FIREBAUGH
#11 -   FRAZIER MTN.

#3 -   MENDOTA
#14 -    BYE
Remember, it's all about the kids......

chs95

Based on today's rankings per the Pagmeter, and leaving out Cal. City, Granite Hills and Riverdale who probably wont enter.

1. Liberty                                               3. Mendota
   Bye                                                   14. Orosi

9. Caruthers                                         11. Sierra
8. Corcoran                                             6. Shafter

5. Firebaugh                                         7. Woodlake
12. Parlier                                            10. Frazier

13. Immanuel                                             Bye
4. Kern Valley                                        2. Lindsay

Timbercat35

Quote from: Timbercat35 on November 03, 2013, 07:17:50 PM
#1 - Liberty-Madera (9-1)
#2 - Mendota (9-1)
#3 - Lindsay (9-1)
#4 - Kern Valley (9-1)
#5 - Firebaugh (9-1)
#6 - Shafter (6-4)
#7 - Woodlake (7-3)
#8 - Caruthers (6-4)
#9 - Corcoran (4-6)
#10 - Sierra (5-5)
#11 - Frazier Mountain (6-4)
#12 - Parlier (5-5) must win, but should beat Riverdale.
#13 - Immanuel (4-6)
#14 - Riverdale (3-7)
#15 - Orosi (3-7) must win, don't think they will beat Farmersville.
#16 - Granite Hills (1-9)
#17 - California City (1-9)  Not even in the list of Div 5 teams on the CIF website??
Here is my bracket with the teams not making or deciding to go to the playoffs.

#1 Liberty-Madera              #16 Bye
#2 Mendota                        #15 Bye
#3 Lindsay                          #14 Bye
#4 Kern Valley                     #13 Bye
#5 Firebaugh                      #12 Immanuel
#6 Shafter                          #11 Parlier
#7 Woodlake                      #10 Frazier Mountain
#8 Caruthers                      #9 Corcoran

If this were the schedule, then the winner of the Firebaugh v. Immanuel game would get a home game in the 2nd round because their opponent would be Kern Valley.  I think Frazier Mountain should be flipped with Corcoran, but that would put 2 teams from the same league playing in the first round.  It seems like they try to avoid that if they can.

Timbercat35

Quote from: Timbercat35 on November 07, 2013, 05:26:13 PM
#1 Liberty-Madera              #16 Bye
#2 Mendota                        #15 Bye
#3 Lindsay                          #14 Bye
#4 Kern Valley                     #13 Bye
#5 Firebaugh                      #12 Immanuel
#6 Shafter                          #11 Parlier
#7 Woodlake                      #10 Frazier Mountain
#8 Caruthers                      #9 Corcoran
Now that Kern Valley has lost tonight. They should drop to 5th seed and Firebaugh should be the 4th seed.

FalconFan

You are definitely entitled to your own opinion but I don't see it happening that way, I know you're basing a lot of this on Max Preps, strength of schedule, ect. From what I've been told, Seeding committee will give undefeated teams a little more consideration when determining top seeds. We'll know soon enough!!
Firebaugh Eagles

Timbercat35

Quote from: FalconFan on November 08, 2013, 06:58:35 AM
You are definitely entitled to your own opinion but I don't see it happening that way, I know you're basing a lot of this on Max Preps, strength of schedule, ect. From what I've been told, Seeding committee will give undefeated teams a little more consideration when determining top seeds. We'll know soon enough!!
Not really.  The only time I leaned on Maxpreps was for Kern Valley and Frazier Mountain. I know nothing about them or their opponents.  Most of it was from me looking at records, head to head, common opponents.  I am predicting Firebaugh to lose tonight, which is why I have them where they are at.  If I'm wrong and Firebaugh does win, then they have a very strong case for being #1.  They will have a better record than Liberty, and will be league champs.  It's tough to not reward that.  My seedings were based off of my own PREDICTIONS of tonight's games.  Either way it comes out tonight and in tomorrow's seeding meetings, all the teams we're discussing for seedings will get a chance to prove on the field what their seed should have been. 

flexmac3

Quote from: Timbercat35 on November 08, 2013, 10:51:24 AM
Not really.  The only time I leaned on Maxpreps was for Kern Valley and Frazier Mountain. I know nothing about them or their opponents.  Most of it was from me looking at records, head to head, common opponents.  I am predicting Firebaugh to lose tonight, which is why I have them where they are at.  If I'm wrong and Firebaugh does win, then they have a very strong case for being #1.  They will have a better record than Liberty, and will be league champs.  It's tough to not reward that.  My seedings were based off of my own PREDICTIONS of tonight's games.  Either way it comes out tonight and in tomorrow's seeding meetings, all the teams we're discussing for seedings will get a chance to prove on the field what their seed should have been. 
I agree with your seedings, thats the way I have it.
100% agree if Firebaugh win tonight they should get a look at that top seed.

I think Falconfan misunderstood your process, he didnt know you have Firebuagh losing tonight :D
You might have to eat some homemade Firebaugh crow pie if your prediction is wrong timbercat.

Timbercat35

Quote from: flexmac3 on November 08, 2013, 11:27:39 AM
I agree with your seedings, thats the way I have it.
100% agree if Firebaugh win tonight they should get a look at that top seed.

I think Falconfan misunderstood your process, he didnt know you have Firebuagh losing tonight :D
You might have to eat some homemade Firebaugh crow pie if your prediction is wrong timbercat.
You may be right.  When I go to Vegas I come home with empty pockets. I would not place any of my own money on my prediction, but I'll bet yours Flex.  :D

Coach Bob

If Liberty Madera and Lindsay Win's tonight they will be the top two seeds in D5. 

chs95

DE66

Quote from: Timbercat35 on November 08, 2013, 10:51:24 AM
I agree. If Firebaugh wins tonight they should be #1. I think Firebaugh will loose, but if they have a more balanced attack than what I understand they have, they a good chance to win ( I have never seen them play only have info from what I have read about the two teams).

Eagle53

Here's how I have my top 4. Just my opinion and I believe out of these 4 one will be the champ.
#1 LMR they play the toughest schedule
#2 Mendota if they win tonight should be taken into consideration as the one seed
#3 Firebaugh if they win tonight I would think they could get the one seed
#4 Lindsey with the loss to D6 Farmersville right now I couldn't put them ahead of any of the other 3. The highest I would put them is probably #3 depending on the outcome of the Firebaugh/Mendota game.
Good luck to all. Have a safe and healthy game tonight. D5 playoffs should offer some great football this year.
"We cannot always build a future for our youth, but we can always build our youth for the future."
― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hawksfan24

Quote from: DE66 on November 04, 2013, 11:49:01 AM
If the Eagles finish undefeated they should be ranked number 1! Period!  Being undefeated is a big accomplishment! If not then there has to be a lot of comparisons of the 9 and 1 teams to determine who the number one seed is!

Being undefeated is an accomplishment but not when you're playing a really easy schedule. The Hawks play in division 4 and almost had and undefeated season. Hawks will get the number 1 seed.

Jungle Rot

Quote from: Eagle53 on November 08, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Here's how I have my top 4. Just my opinion and I believe out of these 4 one will be the champ.
#1 LMR they play the toughest schedule
#2 Mendota if they win tonight should be taken into consideration as the one seed
#3 Firebaugh if they win tonight I would think they could get the one seed
#4 Lindsey with the loss to D6 Farmersville right now I couldn't put them ahead of any of the other 3. The highest I would put them is probably #3 depending on the outcome of the Firebaugh/Mendota game.
Good luck to all. Have a safe and healthy game tonight. D5 playoffs should offer some great football this year.
After reading all post on d-5, this one is the one I agree with most. Being a d-5 fan and seeing over half of the d-5 teams play, I believe it will be tough for anyone to match how physical Liberty plays. With that, we know little to none about Kern Valley which as a fan is very exciting for me and could be the one. The only thing I really know is that it will be hard deciding which match ups to go and watch starting next week. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

P.S. MENDOTA WINS TONIGHT :u: :u: :u: :u:
Nobody in football should be called a Genius. A Genius is a guy like Norman Einstein!!!

tommygun

Firebaugh beat Coalinga, Coalinga just lost to Kerman, Kerman  beat Madera South by alot and Madera South lost to the Ranchos by a few ! What does that say ? It sounds like a broken record when some say Firebaugh plays   weak teams ! SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT IF FIREBAUGH BEATS THAT RANCHOS ,LINDSEY OR MENDOTA THAT THEY ARE BETTER OR WOULD YOU HAVE A EXCUSE ?

Coach Bob

Lindsay over strathmore 38 to 7. Lindsay plays without 4 offensive starters who were a bit banged up.

azteccoach35

BIG SKIN

Quote from: azteccoach35 on November 08, 2013, 10:42:17 PM
Mendota over Firebaugh 43 to 12

LMR will most "likely" be the #1 seed.... 33-0 over Chowchilla
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

azteccoach35

I agree LMR will be the #1 seed.  But who's going to the playoffs from D5. 

the CIF central section doesn't show who is in, and usually they have that up by Wednesday going into Fridays games.

mkb152

Quote from: azteccoach35 on November 08, 2013, 10:50:19 PM
I agree LMR will be the #1 seed.  But who's going to the playoffs from D5. 

the CIF central section doesn't show who is in, and usually they have that up by Wednesday going into Fridays games.

http://cifcs.org/news/water-polo-volleyball-football-whos-and-whos-not

mkb152