News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Thursday Game Central @ Buchanan

Started by 4RIA4RL, September 25, 2019, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4RIA4RL

Why can't they move this game to Friday?  Numbers 1 and 2 in the section and it is going to be played on a Thursday is a shame.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: 4RIA4RL on September 25, 2019, 04:47:35 PM
Why can't they move this game to Friday?  Numbers 1 and 2 in the section and it is going to be played on a Thursday is a shame.
All of Central's TRAC road games are on Thursday because the five other schools share two stadiums. So I assume CUSD prefers having the games between their schools on Friday night.

Darth Backer

Quote from: 4RIA4RL on September 25, 2019, 04:47:35 PM

Come on man... schedules are created years in advance and with equity in mind. If you build 5 schools but only 2 stadiums, everyone is going to play on a Thursday each year if not twice.

izne1home

Nobody is using Bulldog Stadium Friday night.  I could make a call...

Spazzilla

Quote from: izne1home on September 26, 2019, 08:35:58 AM
Nobody is using Bulldog Stadium Friday night.  I could make a call...

iTs ThE pErFeCt OpPoRtUnItY tO ShOw AlL cHaMpIoNsHiP gAmEs At OnE sItE!

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

izne1home

Quote from: Spazzilla on September 26, 2019, 09:20:07 AM
iTs ThE pErFeCt OpPoRtUnItY tO ShOw AlL cHaMpIoNsHiP gAmEs At OnE sItE!

Where did we leave that?  Seems like someone proposed building a stadium on the grounds of the Tulare Farm Show.  Centrally located, on 99, with airport access for the CWTD Club officials...

Lancelot

Or, the rest of us that have games can come and watch (scout).  That Thursday night game should have a big crowd
John McKay on being interviewed about his teams execution after a bad loss. " I'm all for it"

CreepinIvy

Sounds like an administration issue at Buchanan. This game should never be a Thursday. I blame the AD, Gamble & co

The Eye in the Sky

What is the big deal? Are the elites above the horrendous abuse of a Thursday Night Football Game? I'm sure the Coaches and Players don't have an issue, so why should you?
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Spazzilla

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on September 26, 2019, 06:18:50 PM
What is the big deal? Are the elites above the horrendous abuse of a Thursday Night Football Game? I'm sure the Coaches and Players don't have an issue, so why should you?

I would venture to guess the coches don't like it, but what would I know.  8)
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

Bronco

Quote from: Lancelot on September 26, 2019, 11:32:32 AM
Or, the rest of us that have games can come and watch (scout).  That Thursday night game should have a big crowd
I agree with Lancelot on this . This is the perfect Thursday night game . Both teams have 2 weeks to prepare for the game & an extra day to deal with its outcome going into TRAC play. Playing on Thursday is not a problem when you are coming off the bye week. For the rest of the TRAC & anybody who is interested in the D1 play-offs picture it is a perfect deal also. The 2 heavy-weights are putting it all out there right at the start & Everybody can see just what its going 2 take to be successful the rest of this season. The bleachers should be a "who's who" of everybody who cares about TRAC & D1 play-off Football this season. I say its the PERFECT start to the regular season & a window into the play-offs.  See ya there boys  :u:

Spazzilla

Didn't consider that they'd have two weeks to prepare
  - Hannah Arendt

mkb152

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on September 25, 2019, 05:55:43 PM
All of Central's TRAC road games are on Thursday because the five other schools share two stadiums. So I assume CUSD prefers having the games between their schools on Friday night.

*Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding*

I'll be shocked once Clovis South opens if Central stays in the TRAC.

Spazzilla

Quote from: mkb152 on September 26, 2019, 10:18:07 PM

Where else would they go/who else would WANT them?
  - Hannah Arendt

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Spazzilla on September 27, 2019, 06:44:37 AM
Where else would they go/who else would WANT them?
If Central ever splits into two schools with two athletic departments they should go to the CMAC & replace the Madera schools.

4RIA4RL

Quote from: mkb152 on September 26, 2019, 10:18:07 PM

Word is once Central has 2 schools the TRAC will become an 8 team league. Adding new Clovis school and second Central school.

hardhitter23

I don't know if anyone knew this but anytime Central plays a CUSD school at their home it will then be a Thursday night. When I coached at Central and Bullard  :D This is the norm why bat an eye about it now lol

Spazzilla

Quote from: 4RIA4RL on September 27, 2019, 07:45:34 AM
Word is once Central has 2 schools the TRAC will become an 8 team league. Adding new Clovis school and second Central school.

"When?" is the 6million dollar man question. 
  - Hannah Arendt

CleverUserName

Add in that this is Buchanan Area's Spirit Night, so you will have the Alta-Sierra players, coaches and families in addition to the elementary schools players, coaches, and families...the place will be packed.

hardhitter23

Quote from: Spazzilla on September 27, 2019, 08:59:02 AM
"When?" is the 6million dollar man question. 

I thought they said the new Central high will be built in 2 years. That bill has already been passed. Now as for Clovis South your guess is as good as mine

hardhitter23