News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Clovis West Coach

Started by 4RIA4RL, April 12, 2021, 09:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4RIA4RL

Who was the CW coach right after Newberry before Blankenship got there? Thanks!

Darth Backer

1990 season. 1 year guy that ran a power Delaware Wing-T system and then left.

TeddyKGB

izne or The Anthill should know...I do know that it wasn't not Marty Martin; he was the coach in 2007 when THE Bakersfield High Drillers lead by the heroics of The Mighty Pete Mitchell beat the War Eagle with FG from 49 yards out with no time on the clock.

izne1home

Mike Churchhill?

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 12, 2021, 03:17:28 PM
izne or The Anthill should know...I do know that it wasn't not Marty Martin; he was the coach in 2007 when THE Bakersfield High Drillers lead by the heroics of The Mighty Pete Mitchell beat the War Eagle with FG from 49 yards out with no time on the clock.

That was only 17 years later, but good guess. 

Bronco

I think it was Coach Churchill.

CMPunk

Probably Hartigan, he's was the one before Marty Martin.

anthilllegend

Could not have been Hartigan.......... Kawnayer/Crawford (co- HC's) and Ed Lombardi followed Blankenship.......and then Jim Hartigan arrived, followed by  GJ Kinney, Lindsey, Parsons, Petrasanns and Randall. The Anthill thought the coach before Blank and after Newberry, had a last name started with a "C" (as Izne stated).  It could have been Churchill.  The Anthill is thinking their was another Golden Eagle HC in the early years whose last name also started with a "C".......something like "Crowl" keeps popping up in the Legends mind (but could be wrong).  The Ant has tried to research the question but can't seem to locate the appropriate resource to this point.

The Anthilllegend

Darth Backer

Come on CMPunk, I gave you the correct year (1990), it can't be Hartigan.

Bronco

Before Max Newberry it was Chett Francisco. He was the 1st C-Dub Head Football Coach.

izne1home

DEE

that's a good question, who is the next coach? any suggestions?

TeddyKGB

Quote from: DEE on April 19, 2021, 12:23:53 PM

give ol' Hurd a shot...

DonnieBaker1962

Quote from: DEE on April 19, 2021, 12:23:53 PM
Huh? Is Randall out at CW?

Spazzilla

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

CMPunk

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 15, 2021, 09:07:52 AM
Come on CMPunk, I gave you the correct year (1990), it can't be Hartigan.

My bad 🤷🏽‍♂️

CWClassof2007

Just saw Randall resigned & quarterback Dayton Tafoya has transferred to Central.

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 19, 2021, 01:05:27 PM
give ol' Hurd a shot...

Teddy, you ok?  I came by to check on you and this hotty answered the door.  She said you hadn't finished your chores yet.

TeddyKGB

my gate-keeper is correct...I am meal prepping with my new sous chef

RayRea

Will CW ever find the right guy? Or is it just a Basketball school now?
"You have to be careful of people who like to talk a big game but can't back it up." – Ray Lewis

hardhitter23

It is just a Basketball school now.  :shock:  Queue: Queen "Another one bites the dust"

hardhitter23