News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Clovis North Varsity Girls Basketball - No Team?

Started by The Duke, November 18, 2021, 01:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Duke

I am hearing that Clovis North will not be able to field a varsity girls basketball team this season.  If true, that is amazing to me.  This district prides itself in co-curricular participation, calls their head coaches "Director of Sport", funds full-time middle school Athletic Directors, and has an elementary and middle school athletic program second to none.  In fact, Copper Hills Elementary, a CN feeder, easily won the elementary championship when the current sophomores were in sixth grade.  It is hard to imagine that the school cannot find enough players to field a varsity team.  I had heard the previous coach resigned as soon as the talent looked like it was going to drop (as the star of that Copper Hills team transferred to the CW Area).  This seems to be unacceptable - I can only imagine somebody from the school site or district admin having to walk in to Doc Buchanan's office and explain this.  Of course, if Doc was still around, this wouldn't have happened. 

Scott VanHoosier

they had a lot of character issues on last years roster.  If my numbers are correct about 6 players transferred i believe.  Reality is there hasnt the oppurtunity for the new staff to build a "program" since they took over not much before covid.
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

The Duke

I have seen a couple of scores posted so it looks like they are fielding a team.  Glad to see that.

Scott VanHoosier

That is correct.  they put a team together with the frosh/soph class.  Probably going to be a rough rebuilding process
"I can eat a box of cookies tonight. Can you do that? No. Because you're nothin' but a fart-faced kid."

Scott VanHoosier