News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

SSL Showdown 8-0 vs 8-0

Started by CoachJ, October 15, 2018, 08:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachJ

KENNEDY vs SHAFTER! This ought to be a great game! Honestly, other than the highlights that I've seen on tv and articles I've read in the paper, Shafter looks legit. I along with a couple of other dads and players from our youth team drove to Delano early in the season and watched Kennedy beat a good Liberty team from Madera. Kennedy was loaded with good players. I'm curious to know more about Shafter if someone can add some insight.

I'll go with Kennedy in a really close game. We will make the short trip from Bako to Shafter for this one. I'm guessing a big crowd will be there. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS! This is what high school football is all about.

Jazz

This is a big game.  The battle for the #2 seed behind Caruthers right here if Caruthers wins out.

Roughneck005

Quote from: Jazz on October 15, 2018, 10:20:05 PM
This is a big game.  The battle for the #2 seed behind Caruthers right here if Caruthers wins out.

That's a no.

Kennedy or Shafter will be the 1 seed, and a 1 loss Kennedy or Shafter team should get the nod for the 2 seed over an undefeated Caruthers based upon SOS alone.

Heck, even LM has an argument to be seeded ahead of Caruthers.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

Forceuser

Should be fun...I know I am going...Get there early.  It will be packed.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

bksflddan

Quote from: Forceuser on October 16, 2018, 09:37:09 AM
Should be fun...I know I am going...Get there early.  It will be packed.

Hahaha ... i'll Hide and "watch" from home!
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

All Star Kev

Corinthians 9:24-27

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

mkb152

Quote from: Roughneck005 on October 16, 2018, 08:12:50 AM
Kennedy or Shafter will be the 1 seed, and a 1 loss Kennedy or Shafter team should get the nod for the 2 seed over an undefeated Caruthers based upon SOS alone.

I think as returning division 5 champs, a 10-0 Caruthers has a decent shot at the #1 seed.  #2 at worst.  Loser of RFK/Shafter is probably 3.  Woodlake/Liberty 4 or 5 depending on Liberty's next two weeks, which are decently tough games. 

Division 5 is much deeper than usual.

CoachJ

Can someone post real time scoring updates on the Caruthers/Orosi game? I'll post scoring updates on Kennedy/Shafter.

kendahas

Should be a great crowd.  This Wasco Tiger Alum must root for Kennedy

Forceuser

Quote from: kendahas on October 16, 2018, 09:48:20 PM
Should be a great crowd.  This Wasco Tiger Alum must root for Kennedy

Actually you should be rooting for us.  The only way you can get a piece of a SSL championship is by us winning.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

TeddyKGB

WHOA...that's a tough call but I would think a Wasco alum would sacrifice a share of a championship rather than root for Shafter, but with the way society is now where boys are girls and what not anything is possible.

CoachJ

I am glad I am a little more hip to this site now.. I love reading the non-filtered, direct replies that Teddy gives. Teddy, you're good my friend!

TeddyKGB

Thank you CoachJ, I have often said that my talents will not be appreciated fully during my lifetime HAHA

Forceuser

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 17, 2018, 01:36:07 PM
Thank you CoachJ, I have often said that my talents will not be appreciated fully during my lifetime HAHA

As Rush says,"Talent on loan from God"
― Pope Paul VI

TeddyKGB

It's more like the Hooters credo: "Delightfully Tacky, Yet unrefined"

shafteralum

Well, CoachJ, what did you and your youth players think about the game?

CoachJ

That was a good game. We're glad we got there early too. The stadium was packed. Shafter is good! A game like last night gives youth players like ours something to look forward to. Last night's atmosphere was energetic.. But clearly Shafter was the better team.

CoachJ