News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Delano HS

Started by CoachJ, November 04, 2019, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachJ

Last night Mr Pagmeter tweeted a video from last Friday's game between Delano & Mission Oak. A unfortunate incident where a large number of Delano players hit, kicked, and stomped a Mission Oak player on Delano's sideline. Also shows what looks like a Mission Oak Coach being assaulted in the back of the head. This type of behavior is uncalled for. If you've not seen the video, it's on Mr Pagmeter's twitter page. All the Delano players should be expelled in my opinion. I pray the young Mission Oak player is ok.

Spazzilla

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

TeddyKGB

I agree...I say the principal should be suspended without pay.

ForeverEarlimart

Y'all think Delano High has sent Mario Millan that

"Hey how you been, I miss you" text yet  :D

footballforever

Fire coaching staff. all players involved (identifiable by numbers) suspended from school and disqualified from all sports competition for 365 days. Same players subject to criminal prosecution for assault as appropriate. Athletic administrator given new guidelines for coach supervision/accountability and held accountable in performance review. All Delano vs MO contests remaining in 2019-20 conducted w/ police presence (off-duty/OT), paid for by Delano HS athletic dept.
Start fresh in 2020.
Col 3:23

TeddyKGB

Why fire the coaches? Why no mention of the parents? If you are holding coaches responsible for the kids actions, and notice I didn't say not to; why aren't you mentioning the parents?

eylchamps

DT started fights with all EYL schools this year. new coach this year and he's learning fast about DT. DT is not competitive in all sports in EYL. Delano wants to go to south sequoia and they should. Stay classy DT
WYL wishes they were the EYL

footballforever

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 04, 2019, 11:38:03 AM
Why fire the coaches? Why no mention of the parents? If you are holding coaches responsible for the kids actions, and notice I didn't say not to; why aren't you mentioning the parents?
Quote from: eylchamps on November 04, 2019, 11:40:29 AM
DT started fights with all EYL schools this year.

this is why. unable to manage/correct the team culture the players seem to have created for themselves OR,  and much worse, ignored, condoned or encouraged it.

I absolutely agree the parents are at fault and contributed to (or even actively instilled) the mindset the players demonstrated. I just can't see a reasonable or realistic way to hold them accountable, being a step or two removed from the immediate circumstances.That is, unless it is possible to identify any of the parents in question actively encouraging or participating.

Col 3:23

TeddyKGB

Quote from: footballforever on November 04, 2019, 12:04:26 PM

I absolutely agree the parents are at fault and contributed to (or even actively instilled) the mindset the players demonstrated. I just can't see a reasonable or realistic way to hold them accountable, being a step or two removed from the immediate circumstances.That is, unless it is possible to identify any of the parents in question actively encouraging or participating.

I do not disagree with you that the coaches have to share the responsibility for these actions. IZNE correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe this would have happened under Blankeship or Hartigan at CW. I would say criminal charges brought against the parents is a good start, maybe law suit. I am not for firing the coaches unless it can be proven that they nurtured this type of culture.

Spazzilla

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 04, 2019, 11:38:03 AM

Question, so are you in favor of keeping the coach but punishing the principal? Just looking for clarification. 
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 04, 2019, 12:11:17 PM
IZNE correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe this would have happened under Blankeship or Hartigan at CW.

Unlikely.  Those teams were like well oiled Marine platoons.  They only gave beatdowns on command. 

As for blame, Delano will find a scapegoat and run him/them out of town, but I think it is systemic.  One coach doesn't turn a bunch of well-rounded kids into thugs.  These kids were probably hair-trigger thugs when they showed up, so I think we should fire the whole town. 

Delano needs a good old fashioned tent-meeting revival.  Get that place turned around and back on track.   

TeddyKGB

Spazz, I am all for firing the coach if he has developed a culture that encourages rule breaking which lead to this incident, with that said I believe like izne said its systemic. The principal hired the coach he had final say, fire his ass too. Instead a coach will be the scapegoat and the principal will not be held accountable, as per usual.

BIGJOE102

CWClassof2007

Quote from: BIGJOE102 on November 04, 2019, 11:40:27 PM
Here is another video. Watch the top left corner.
https://twitter.com/Alexis_TheMoron/status/1191487054921650177?s=19
Still doesn't justify the majority of the Delano sideline jumping him.

BIGJOE102

I did not state that it justified what happened. I think we need all the information before we start calling for peoples jobs. What happened was a sad day for high school football all thevaway around.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: BIGJOE102 on November 05, 2019, 06:58:08 AM
I did not state that it justified what happened. I think we need all the information before we start calling for peoples jobs.

what a novel concept...gather all the info before coming to a conclusion...if only

Spazzilla

Quote from: BIGJOE102 on November 04, 2019, 11:40:27 PM
Here is another video. Watch the top left corner.
https://twitter.com/Alexis_TheMoron/status/1191487054921650177?s=19

- Hannah Arendt

Coach Mike

As usual with the Pagmeter its Ready, Fire, Aim. Judging from the response to the original post many of us are that way. Always a good idea to get the facts before spouting off.

CoachJ

Well here's an unfortunate update. This thing has made it to the rotation of HLN news. Saw it this morning. They call it  "del-aw-no, ca" rather than Delano , Ca. But nonetheless, it's out there.

Spazzilla

Quote from: Coach Mike on November 05, 2019, 08:45:56 AM
As usual with the Pagmeter its Ready, Fire, Aim. Judging from the response to the original post many of us are that way. Always a good idea to get the facts before spouting off.

So here's the facts:

- A MO player cheapshot a Delano player.
- Delano Sidelines let all holy hell loose on a MO player.
- PagMeter "jumped the gun", so to speak

So because he/we didn't have the catalyst action from MO, which in no way justifies the response by Delano, somehow he/we are in the wrong?
  - Hannah Arendt

Spazzilla

- Hannah Arendt