News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

D1 Quarter Final Predictions

Started by SparkPlug, May 19, 2023, 08:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparkPlug

Let's predict today's games:

1 Bullard vs 9 Centennial:  I think this has the makings of an interesting game.  Not sure what Centennial has on the mound, but they can hit and they'll be facing Bullard's #2.  I like Bullard in this one, but it could be closer than many expect.  Bullard 6-5

4 Redwood vs 12 El Diamante:  The Miners showed they are for real in the upset over the Clovis Cougars, but Redwood has a solid #2 in Bueno and I think the Miners magic runs out today.  Redwood 6-2

3 Stockdale vs 11 Liberty: Stockdale took 2 out of 3 during the regular season, but Liberty did beat today's probable starting pitcher for Stockdale.  Stockdale has scored 80 runs in it's last 5 games.  I like Stockdale today at home,  8-4

2 Buchanan vs 7 Righetti:  Buchanan 1st round game was closer than expected and Righetti won a marathon.  Righetti is tough, i just wonder how much they have left in the tank.  Plus the long bus ride, i'll take the Bears in this one, 7-2

TeddyKGB

1 Bullard vs 9 Centennial: I would like to see an upset here, Centennial 5-3.

4 Redwood vs 12 El Diamante: In high school most big upsets are because the other team didn't play well rather than the winner having done something exceptional. I have to go with the higher seed. Redwood.

3 Stockdale vs 11 Liberty: Stockdale has been scoring lots of runs, Stockdale 8-3

2 Buchanan vs 7 Righetti:  Buchanan wins here.

Backstop

I only have GameChanger to base this upon, but El D outlasted and chased Clovis' #1 Pitcher, went ahead vs Clovis Closer, then launched on Clovis #2 pitcher.  And El D threw Petty, not Bettencourt.  Seems the better team played 7 full innings vs a team that likely took El D for granted.

I doubt, after facing them 3 times, that Redwood takes El D for granted.  Having said that, I think this game could go either way and should be a lot closer than 6-2. IMHO

Governor

Quote from: SparkPlug on May 19, 2023, 08:44:06 AM
Let's predict today's games:

1 Bullard vs 9 Centennial:  I think this has the makings of an interesting game.  Not sure what Centennial has on the mound, but they can hit and they'll be facing Bullard's #2.  I like Bullard in this one, but it could be closer than many expect.  Bullard 6-5

4 Redwood vs 12 El Diamante:  The Miners showed they are for real in the upset over the Clovis Cougars, but Redwood has a solid #2 in Bueno and I think the Miners magic runs out today.  Redwood 6-2

3 Stockdale vs 11 Liberty: Stockdale took 2 out of 3 during the regular season, but Liberty did beat today's probable starting pitcher for Stockdale.  Stockdale has scored 80 runs in it's last 5 games.  I like Stockdale today at home,  8-4

2 Buchanan vs 7 Righetti:  Buchanan 1st round game was closer than expected and Righetti won a marathon.  Righetti is tough, i just wonder how much they have left in the tank.  Plus the long bus ride, i'll take the Bears in this one, 7-2

Centennial High

El D High

Liberty High

Righetti High

Rooting for all the underdogs today. Would be cool to see. They are underdogs but most are forces.

CWClassof2007

I haven't seen Centennial, Stockdale or Righetti play.

Bullard over Centennial
Redwood over El Diamanté
Stockdale over Liberty
Buchanan over Righetti

tru guru

Quote from: Backstop on May 19, 2023, 10:05:49 AM
I only have GameChanger to base this upon, but El D outlasted and chased Clovis' #1 Pitcher, went ahead vs Clovis Closer, then launched on Clovis #2 pitcher.  And El D threw Petty, not Bettencourt.  Seems the better team played 7 full innings vs a team that likely took El D for granted.

I doubt, after facing them 3 times, that Redwood takes El D for granted.  Having said that, I think this game could go either way and should be a lot closer than 6-2. IMHO

Redwood has had success vs.  Bettencourt.  They knocked him out in 4 with 6 earned, including 2 bombs.  I'm not feeling an upset here.  Chalk all the way around, with the top 4 seeds surviving.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: tru guru on May 19, 2023, 11:13:41 AM
Chalk all the way around,

only someone that has called a bookie from a payphone knows that lingo! HAHAHA

tru guru

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 19, 2023, 01:35:50 PM
only someone that has called a bookie from a payphone knows that lingo! HAHAHA

Or called the pager from the pay phone then waited around for the callback.....

TeddyKGB

Quote from: tru guru on May 19, 2023, 03:14:10 PM
Or called the pager from the pay phone then waited around for the callback.....

and looked in the sports page and understood what StL -6.5 Chi +5.5 meant.

tru guru

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 19, 2023, 09:50:18 AM
1 Bullard vs 9 Centennial: I would like to see an upset here, Centennial 5-3.

4 Redwood vs 12 El Diamante: In high school most big upsets are because the other team didn't play well rather than the winner having done something exceptional. I have to go with the higher seed. Redwood.

3 Stockdale vs 11 Liberty: Stockdale has been scoring lots of runs, Stockdale 8-3

2 Buchanan vs 7 Righetti:  Buchanan wins here.

Mad props calling the upset.  You probably know "adding blinkers" has nothing to do with cars, and a "bullet work" ain't about guns too :)-

Governor

Quote from: Governor on May 19, 2023, 10:33:42 AM
Centennial High

El D High

Liberty High

Righetti High

Rooting for all the underdogs today. Would be cool to see. They are underdogs but most are forces.

Righetti High had that one. A couple blown calls and bad mistakes by them cost them the ball game. Buchanan should have been beat.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Governor on May 19, 2023, 10:03:52 PM

Righetti High had that one. A couple blown calls and bad mistakes by them cost them the ball game. Buchanan should have been beat.
What blown call?

Governor

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 20, 2023, 07:51:57 AM
What blown call?

Runner was clearly out at home on one play at the plate. Great throw by Righetti High LF.

Good effort by Buchanan High runner as well. Looked out to me.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Governor on May 20, 2023, 08:21:19 AM
Runner was clearly out at home on one play at the plate. Great throw by Righetti High LF.

Good effort by Buchanan High runner as well. Looked out to me.

wait...was he clearly out or was that your perception? This seems contradictory.

Governor

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 20, 2023, 10:37:01 AM
wait...was he clearly out or was that your perception? This seems contradictory.

From the RF line the runner for Buchanan High looked out

BallGuy

Quote from: Governor on May 20, 2023, 10:43:10 AM

Saw the video, it's bang bang. I don't think either side would say it's "clearly" safe or out. Just one of those coin toss calls that went Buchanan's way. Take away that run and they still win because O'toole appeared to be on one. Congrats Fontes and the rest of the staff on the win.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">B5: JP Acosta RBI sac fly makes it 1-0 @Buchanan_Bears.

Close play at home plate, but pinch runner Zach Williams called safe ahead of throw from LF Cash Carter. pic.twitter.com/z8VHpX1h6K</p>&mdash; Gabe Camarillo (@gabecamarillo_) May 20, 2023 <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Governor on May 20, 2023, 10:43:10 AM
Pretty close. I'll go with the call from the guy 2 feet away.

TeddyKGB

from that angle it looks like he's safe...but I also had the luxury of stopping the clip and going frame by frame.

TeddyKGB