News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TRAC 2024 (First Round)

Started by Sixtynine, April 09, 2024, 12:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtynine

Clovis vs Buchanan

Clovis West vs Central

Clovis North vs Clovis East

Probably easiest to make a new thread each week and we can post score/have discussion as the results come in
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

CWClassof2007

Clovis 3 Buchanan 2

Cougars trailed 2-0 after two innings. Scored one in the 4th & two in the 7th for the walk off win.

CWClassof2007

Timmy Winn

I was at the CN v. CE game. Wilson threw for CN and looked really good. Kept CE off balance and only gave up a few hits...nothing really loud. Corkery pitched in traffic all day and got out of several jams. CN should've pushed a few more runs across. They failed to execute on a bunt that cost them a run and just failed to get the big hit to open up the game. CE also played sloppy. I think they ended up with four errors. Wilson was good and Hertel came in to close it out. Clovis North grinded out a win but both teams could've played much better. Honestly I wasn't impressed with CE at all. I don't think they'll be a factor in TRAC play. Still love smith and what he's done at CE but I think this years squad is a step back from last year.

CWClassof2007

Sixtynine

Clovis 1-0
Clovis North 1-0
Central 1-0
Clovis West 0-1
Central 0-1
Buchanan 0-1

Timmy Winn

CHS vs. Buchanan on 1430 right now.

CWClassof2007

Clovis West 9 Central 1

Jake Turley CG, 4 hits, 0 earned, 6 strike outs & 0 walks.

Sixtynine

Clovis 7, Buchanan 6
Clovis North 9, CE 4

Sixtynine

Clovis 2-0
Clovis North 2-0
Clovis West 1-1
Central 1-1
Clovis East 0-2
Buchanan 0-2

Timmy Winn

CN swept CE. Wyatt Johnson with another gem. Solid pitcher. Works fast, attacks the zone, controls the tempo. Wyatt Prieto was out of the lineup. I'm not sure if he's healthy and I won't speculate. What I will say is his presence and leadership is a big reason why this team has been so successful this year. I hope he's ok.

Sixtynine

Clovis 8, Buchanan 1
Clovis West 14, Central 5
Clovis North 3, Clovis East 0

Sixtynine

Clovis 3-0
Clovis North 3-0
Clovis West 2-1
Central 1-2
Clovis East 0-3
Buchanan 0-3

CWClassof2007

This week went about how I expected. Clovis & Clovis North are clearly ahead of the rest of the league. Clovis West seems to always lose one game against Central & Clovis East when they're clearly the better team. I might be in the minority but I like the newer format of three league games in 5 days.

Sixtynine

At least the kids at Buchanan are "actually be held accountable now" and they are "finally having to earn starting spots" since that wasn't happening for 20 years previously

Governor

Was at Buchanan High game and Fresno City College game yesterday.

Fresno City has a great club and are a fun team to watch. They have a lot of great local talent which is good to see. They will be a force.

Clovis High beat Buchanan High. 8-0 when I left. Talked to a local rival coach and said that he thought Buchanan High coaching, especially batting, was failing their kids.

Maybe their coach is trying to teach them like a major leaguer? Do you teach batting different at High school and college compared to major league?

Maybe OMS can chime in for that

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on April 13, 2024, 07:47:18 AMAt least the kids at Buchanan are "actually be held accountable now" and they are "finally having to earn starting spots" since that wasn't happening for 20 years previously

I'm assuming this is what is being said by the new staff...that's wild. The wildest part is that would imply that earning your spot and being held accountable result in worse outcomes.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Sixtynine on April 13, 2024, 07:47:18 AMAt least the kids at Buchanan are "actually be held accountable now" and they are "finally having to earn starting spots" since that wasn't happening for 20 years previously
I'm definitely not crying over Buchanan baseball losing.

Old man scout

Governor most serious hitting instruction is a lot alike stay in the middle of the field hit strikes. Troy I am sure is a very skilled hitting Coach Buchanan is going through a tough patch.Confidence is extremely important and it seems that could be part of that couple little things have cost them. The biggest difference between the levels is size and strength.

Old man scout