News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Too Early predictions

Started by hardhitter23, May 14, 2019, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bksflddan

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 22, 2019, 03:52:21 PM
that season the Drillers went 9-3 so anything was possible.

neutral field
[2014] Bakersfield (CA) 22, [2014] Arroyo Grande (CA) 21

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Roughneck005

Quote from: Sixtynine on May 22, 2019, 03:47:08 PM
2014 Paso would have won D1 Central Section and I'm the biggest valley homer there is

Maybe.

neutral field
[2014] Liberty (Bakersfield, CA) 28, [2014] Paso Robles (CA) 24

neutral field
[2014] Edison (Fresno, CA) 28, [2014] Paso Robles (CA) 21

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

Sixtynine

Quote from: Roughneck005 on May 22, 2019, 05:50:33 PM
Maybe.

neutral field
[2014] Liberty (Bakersfield, CA) 28, [2014] Paso Robles (CA) 24

neutral field
[2014] Edison (Fresno, CA) 28, [2014] Paso Robles (CA) 21

Clovis blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead to Edison in the semis that year to lose 21-14. Paso smoked said Clovis team
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Roughneck005

Quote from: Sixtynine on May 22, 2019, 05:57:24 PM
Clovis blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead to Edison in the semis that year to lose 21-14. Paso smoked said Clovis team

That's why I said "maybe". In the end though, it's all about the last man standing.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

RoadDawg

Quote from: MooseKnuckle on May 17, 2019, 12:53:27 PM
... I better not hear someone say Memorial could have beat Central last year. I was at the scrimmage and literally just finished watching the film from it (I know someone). Memorial had EVERY starter in until the last 2 possessions and didn't score once against the 1's, 2's, or 3's from Central.

This has been hashed over several times, and not to rekindle, but you are factually incorrect.  SJM did not have all their starters play in scrimmage.   Im not saying SJM would have beat Central, but guarantee, the SJM team which beat Tulare would have gave Central all they could handle. 
"The older I get... The better I was!"

bksflddan

Quote from: RoadDawg on May 22, 2019, 09:30:26 PM
This has been hashed over several times, and not to rekindle, but you are factually incorrect.  SJM did not have all their starters play in scrimmage.   Im not saying SJM would have beat Central, but guarantee, the SJM team which beat Tulare would have gave Central all they could handle.

neutral field
[2018] Central (Fresno, CA) 42, [2018] San Joaquin Memorial (Fresno, CA) 28

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

TD Bullseye

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2014] Liberty (Bakersfield, CA) 24, [2014] Arroyo Grande (CA) 20

Yeah, well...I suppose that's why they actually play the games. 

Roughneck005

Quote from: TD Bullseye on May 23, 2019, 07:57:01 AM
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2014] Liberty (Bakersfield, CA) 24, [2014] Arroyo Grande (CA) 20

Yeah, well...I suppose that's why they actually play the games.

Exactly right. I think it is just prudent to include the fact that calpreps algorithm for projections in Ca has ~84% success rate across the board. It is pretty impressive when you consider the magnitude of Ca versus, say, the District of Columbia where their accuracy projections are sitting ~90%.

Obviously this is all conjecture, but if you take into account that these games would NOT be played on a neutral field...I think you have to attempt to factor in home field advantage to the equation. Add to that a 2hr travel time (either way for those teams) and I would have to say that it would at least be a minimum 3pt advantage to the home team. Unless you are the Drillers, and then I'd say its at least a 9pt advantage.
-Vince Lombardi

MooseKnuckle

Quote from: RoadDawg on May 22, 2019, 09:30:26 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're hilarious... stop lying to yourself. Memorial would have gotten EMBARRASSED by the BACK2BACK Valley Champs!!!

TD Bullseye

Quote from: MooseKnuckle on May 23, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're hilarious... stop lying to yourself. Memorial would have gotten EMBARRASSED by the BACK2BACK Valley Champs!!!

So I'm wondering how the Valley Champs gave up 84 points in a single game.  I know Folsom is a totally different beast, but my goodness, 84?  What's even more amazing than that is the fact that De La Salle skunked Folsom. 

High School football lads...gotta love it.

Darth Backer

Quote from: Roughneck005 on May 23, 2019, 08:05:27 AM
Exactly right. I think it is just prudent to include the fact that calpreps algorithm for projections in Ca has ~84% success rate across the board. It is pretty impressive when you consider the magnitude of Ca versus, say, the District of Columbia where their accuracy projections are sitting ~90%.

Obviously this is all conjecture, but if you take into account that these games would NOT be played on a neutral field...I think you have to attempt to factor in home field advantage to the equation. Add to that a 2hr travel time (either way for those teams) and I would have to say that it would at least be a minimum 3pt advantage to the home team. Unless you are the Drillers, and then I'd say its at least a 9pt advantage.

That computer is freaky accurate.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: MooseKnuckle on May 23, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're hilarious... stop lying to yourself. Memorial would have gotten been EMBARRASSED by the BACK2BACK Valley Champs!!!

I have never been a fan of team A beat team B and team B beat team c so it stands to reason that team A would have beat team C. We all know that the game is about match ups and exploiting said match ups. Like TD said, that is why the game is played. To answer your question about Folsom hanging 84 on Central, match ups. They have the athletes to shut down Centrals and had lines that controlled the LOS, so the "brilliance" of Biggs was nullified, that's not a knock on Biggs just pointing out that when athletes are equal he's not the mastermind that some would have us believe he is.

Roughneck005

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 23, 2019, 10:30:33 AM
I have never been a fan of team A beat team B and team B beat team c so it stands to reason that team A would have beat team C. We all know that the game is about match ups and exploiting said match ups. Like TD said, that is why the game is played. To answer your question about Folsom hanging 84 on Central, match ups. They have the athletes to shut down Centrals and had lines that controlled the LOS, so the "brilliance" of Biggs was nullified, that's not a knock on Biggs just pointing out that when athletes are equal he's not the mastermind that some would have us believe he is.

...something...something...jimmies and joes...
-Vince Lombardi

Darth Backer

I agree that Biggs gets away with window dressing his less than stellar fronts in the Central Section but they will always get exposed in the state playoffs. IMO no way should our D1 team play that high in the state playoff system. It's the division just under OPEN.  That's insanity.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on May 23, 2019, 10:40:20 AM
IMO no way should our D1 team play that high in the state playoff system. It's the division just under OPEN.  That's insanity.

I'm of the opinion that all private/parochial schools should play in their own divisions in the playoffs and leagues. Yes that means garces, BCHS, CVC, SJM Immanuel have their own league.

Darth Backer

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 23, 2019, 10:52:23 AM
I'm of the opinion that all private/parochial schools should play in their own divisions in the playoffs and leagues. Yes that means garces, BCHS, CVC, SJM Immanuel have their own league.

I think if Immanuel could improve, we'd be close to being able to do that.  Throw Mission Prep in there too if they could get their numbers up.

TeddyKGB

I forgot about MP, I am not sure that I care how competitive Immanuel would be. If a person wants their kid in parochial school that is their right, but they do not have to play against the public schools. They can schedule their nonleague games with schools in other sections.

MooseKnuckle

Quote from: TD Bullseye on May 23, 2019, 08:24:26 AM
So I'm wondering how the Valley Champs gave up 84 points in a single game.  I know Folsom is a totally different beast, but my goodness, 84?  What's even more amazing than that is the fact that De La Salle skunked Folsom. 

High School football lads...gotta love it.

What's to wonder? 84 points are 84 points. Central's D was not as good as the past few seasons. All of Folsom's OL was  All Section and 3 were 1st/2nd team all state. The Nigerian Nightmare's AKA the Ngata Brothers, are so freakishly good, there isn't a team in the valley that has someone who could cover those dudes. The WR will probably be a top 10 NCAA WR in the country next year as a Freshmen.

Want to know whats even MORE AMAZING THAN BEING MORE AMAZINGLY AMAZING? How did Central score 46 on Folsom and De La Salle only put up 7? Same Ring around the Rosie prerogative.

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: Darth Backer on May 23, 2019, 11:24:52 AM
I think if Immanuel could improve, we'd be close to being able to do that.  Throw Mission Prep in there too if they could get their numbers up.

Don't know how true but heard they (MP) had 90+ kids in their program.
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

MooseKnuckle

I agree with the trenches statement. Those kids were F'in MONSTERS

EQUAL ATHLETES!?!?!?! So a WR going to Auburn Vs a Corner going to Fresno City are the same athlete's? In what world? This is one the most mindless things you've EVER said. Not a knock on Biggs? It's the epitome of a back hand comment and yet another mindless thought you let flow like diarrhea from your mind into your fingers like Chinese food in Montana. Biggs is a Offensive guy, they put up more points on Folsom than anyone did in the state. The defense had "holes". And by holes I mean, not athletes that are going to Auburn and will be in the NFL in 2 years after being a 1st round draft pick.

I like some of the stuff you say, but when it comes to the dethroning/downfall of Bako, you get tacky and opinionated.

MooseKnuckle