News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Clovis West Scrimmage

Started by obiwan, August 24, 2014, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve-o

Quote from: Coach Josh on August 27, 2014, 05:00:16 PM
As for CE. No one wants to coach in the area...... Plain and simple. Feeder elementary schools ARE always at the bottom. Reyburn is just horrific and CE is like the 2 others... No hope.
respectfully disagree here.......the kids are starting to buy back in, there are athletes starting to come back and OB has a very knowledgeable group of young and energetic coaches. Most importantly......the kids are starting to have fun again!!!!!
if your not cheating your not trying!!

obiwan

Quote from: steve-o on August 28, 2014, 07:55:13 AM
respectfully disagree here.......the kids are starting to buy back in, there are athletes starting to come back and OB has a very knowledgeable group of young and energetic coaches. Most importantly......the kids are starting to have fun again!!!!!

Starting to have fun? It take few years to have fun playing? So now that we are having fun, are we going to be more competitive? I moved to Clovis unified because it was about being competitive and to maximize my kids potential. Have fun should already be a part if it.

Coach Josh

Quote from: obiwan on August 28, 2014, 09:35:02 AM
Starting to have fun? It take few years to have fun playing? So now that we are having fun, are we going to be more competitive? I moved to Clovis unified because it was about being competitive and to maximize my kids potential. Have fun should already be a part if it.

You moved to the wrong part of Clovis....

steve-o

Quote from: obiwan on August 28, 2014, 09:35:02 AM
The kids know the history of CE and there has been a lot of pressure on them to get back to/maintain that. That has caused a lot of pressure on the kids and not made it fun to play the game, and ultimately that's what it is, a game. The numbers are starting to come back to the program and I, personally, think have turned a corner. Only time will tell, but if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me and we can discuss it further, without airing it out........
and just so people don't think I'm the Wizard of Oz......Jason Peterson, Frosh/JV LB/RB coach.
if your not cheating your not trying!!

obiwan

Quote from: steve-o on August 28, 2014, 11:35:50 AM
The kids know the history of CE and there has been a lot of pressure on them to get back to/maintain that. That has caused a lot of pressure on the kids and not made it fun to play the game, and ultimately that's what it is, a game. The numbers are starting to come back to the program and I, personally, think have turned a corner. Only time will tell, but if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me and we can discuss it further, without airing it out........
and just so people don't think I'm the Wizard of Oz......Jason Peterson, Frosh/JV LB/RB coach.

Pressure? The admin isn't putting pressure on OB or staff. They're all friends. Don't get me wrong, I will support our program. The CE way from the top down isn't the same as in the past. If it was, we've would of gone in a direction with a coach who has a proven record of rebuilding a program. No knock on OB.

tru guru

Quote from: obiwan on August 28, 2014, 01:07:36 PM
Pressure? The admin isn't putting pressure on OB or staff. They're all friends. Don't get me wrong, I will support our program. The CE way from the top down isn't the same as in the past. If it was, we've would of gone in a direction with a coach who has a proven record of rebuilding a program. No knock on OB.

How in the heck is that not a knock on O'Brien?  The "CE Way" of the early 2000's is gone, man.  They were the shiny new toy of CUSD back then and everybody wanted to play for them.  They had some superior athletes and buy in from the community that no longer exists.  The new toy of CUSD is currently CN, and they are mirroring, if not succeeding the early success of CE.  Similar story when Buchanan was all shiny, new and busted out their only VC.  Bottom line, CE can't dwell on the past.  Those days are gone.  The talent has been watered down district-wide.  To compete now, CE needs leadership at the top that will adapt to current realities in the district, not a recycled retread of days of yore.  I have no idea if O'Brien is that guy, but he will be given ample time for the district to figure it out.  They do not want another CW revolving door on their hands........just my take on the situation.

obiwan

Nice take on the situation at CE...

obiwan