News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Central Sec Top 20- aMaxPreps

Started by TeddyKGB, March 22, 2024, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

looked this up, is this accurate?

1   Liberty (Bakersfield)   9-1   
2   Frontier (Bakersfield)   10-1   
3   Bakersfield Christian (Bakersfield)   9-1   
4   Kingsburg   9-2   
5   Kerman   8-2   15.52   6.8
6   Clovis North (Fresno)   7-2   
7   Cabrillo (Lompoc)   8-1   
8   Clovis   6-3   
9   Pioneer Valley (Santa Maria)   9-2   
10   Liberty (Madera)   12-0   
11   Bullard (Fresno)   6-5   
12   Redwood (Visalia)   8-3   
13   Stockdale (Bakersfield)   7-4   
14   Exeter   9-1   12.25   -0.8
15   St. Joseph (Santa Maria)   7-5   
16   Hanford   7-3   
17   Lemoore   9-2   
18   Atascadero   7-3   
19   Clovis West (Fresno)   5-3   
20   Edison (Fresno)   5-4   

Bakersfield schools seem to have started out hot, What's the deal with the TRAC?

Sixtynine

TRAC baseball (as a whole) has been pretty average for a few years now. Recently there has only been a good team or two each year. 2020 would have been the last good year if not for Covid.

Clovis and CN are definitely two of the top 5/6 in the section this season, but it's weird to not see more higher up. Ten years ago the top 10 would have been littered with TRAC schools

Bakersfield schools have won three of the last five D1 titles
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Sixtynine on March 22, 2024, 05:39:12 PMBakersfield schools have won three of the last five D1 titles

Stockdale won a couple and I believe Centennial won one

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Sixtynine on March 25, 2024, 12:24:22 PM That is not happening in the TRAC

what changed? Buchanan use to have a tough program.

Sixtynine

Whoops, accidentally deleted my last post when trying to edit

But essentially said Stockdale (twice), Centennial, Frontier, and Liberty have all played for the D1 title in the last 5 seasons. Super impressive for that area

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Sixtynine on March 25, 2024, 12:30:41 PMBut essentially said Stockdale (twice), Centennial, Frontier, and Liberty have all played for the D1 title in the last 5 seasons. Super impressive for that area

Coincidently those 4 schools are all in the middle-class and upper middle class areas of Bakersfield where there is more disposable income. 

Closer

It's going to be interesting to see if Stockdale can handle Bradshaw Christian and Stanford commit, David Wiser. He is outstanding and I don't think they will throw him against Buchanan.

gtshark1

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 22, 2024, 03:22:48 PMBakersfield schools seem to have started out hot, What's the deal with the TRAC?

CE with wins over Liberty, Stockdale and Centenial.

Sixtynine

Honestly a great day from the TRAC today

Kinda a statement day

CN over Frontier
CE over Stockdale
Clovis over Bullard
CW over Redwood

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on March 25, 2024, 10:20:27 PMHonestly a great day from the TRAC today

Kinda a statement day

CN over Frontier
CE over Stockdale
Clovis over Bullard
CW over Redwood

Those are all big wins for the Clovis schools. This is shaping up to be one of the most interesting years in the TRAC in a while. You've got Buchanan struggling to find its footing with the new coach. Loads of transfers...mid season transfers. Clovis has been the biggest benefit in the TRAC of talent from the portal. Clovis seems to have lost a huge arm, but there is so much depth with all the transfers. Looks like there are some guys stepping up and more on the way. Clovis North looks solid and they've found a lineup that produces and they're settling into a rotation. I worry about them playing defense. Clovis West has too much talent to not compete. They've looked real good the last 4 or 5 games. TP pitching well and hitting, DeCanio can hit too...Plascencia seems like a player. Clovis East has had a few impressive wins over good teams. I love the way they play. I'm still leaning CHS; the talent that they have had come over from Buchanan is crazy (chohan,becerra and barsotti). Barsotti hasn't even entered the equation yet either. So many hitters and a handful of good to great pitchers. Clovis North is narrowing the gap, and I can see a scenario where CN continues to hit and a few of the young SPs step up (which they have already) they are within striking range of the cougars. I think CW and CE play spoiler to CHS and CN and Buchanan is a non factor in Glaus Year 1. It'll be interesting to see if Glaus can get players to transfer INTO Buchanan.

TeddyKGB

I haven't had a chance to get out and watch baseball yet. I know that Frontier has a solid pitcher in Durken. Haven't really heard much about Stockdale or Liberty

tru guru

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 26, 2024, 12:21:47 AMThose are all big wins for the Clovis schools. This is shaping up to be one of the most interesting years in the TRAC in a while. You've got Buchanan struggling to find its footing with the new coach. Loads of transfers...mid season transfers. Clovis has been the biggest benefit in the TRAC of talent from the portal. Clovis seems to have lost a huge arm, but there is so much depth with all the transfers. Looks like there are some guys stepping up and more on the way. Clovis North looks solid and they've found a lineup that produces and they're settling into a rotation. I worry about them playing defense. Clovis West has too much talent to not compete. They've looked real good the last 4 or 5 games. TP pitching well and hitting, DeCanio can hit too...Plascencia seems like a player. Clovis East has had a few impressive wins over good teams. I love the way they play. I'm still leaning CHS; the talent that they have had come over from Buchanan is crazy (chohan,becerra and barsotti). Barsotti hasn't even entered the equation yet either. So many hitters and a handful of good to great pitchers. Clovis North is narrowing the gap, and I can see a scenario where CN continues to hit and a few of the young SPs step up (which they have already) they are within striking range of the cougars. I think CW and CE play spoiler to CHS and CN and Buchanan is a non factor in Glaus Year 1. It'll be interesting to see if Glaus can get players to transfer INTO Buchanan.

Barsotti will not be eligible to play this season.  Must have wanted out of Buchanan real bad to be willing to sit.

Crusader123

Quote from: Sixtynine on March 25, 2024, 10:20:27 PMHonestly a great day from the TRAC today

Kinda a statement day

CN over Frontier
CE over Stockdale
Clovis over Bullard
CW over Redwood

Crazy to only put 4 TRAC school's results lol

Sixtynine

Quote from: Crusader123 on March 27, 2024, 05:53:38 PMCrazy to only put 4 TRAC school's results lol

I referenced the above four games as being a statement. Those were the only statement wins that day/night by TRAC schools, IMO. A statement win, by my definition, would be defeating a good Central Section D1 opponent OR a very highly ranked out of section team

CN smoked a then consensus top 5 team in the Central Section (Frontier)

CE beat an in-section Stockdale team who was previously unbeaten versus TRAC schools

Clovis beat an in-section Bullard team who had numerous key wins thus far

And CW beat an in-section Redwood team who was thought to be a top 10-ish Central Section team. Yes, closer to 10, but still.

Buchanan beat Edison who finished 0-4 this week and has a losing record overall. And then beat an average Carson team who started a pitcher with 0 innings thrown previously .

I guess I could have included Central's win against Oakmont. That was a good win, but hardly a statement since it has no baring on playoff seedings and Oakmont isn't highly ranked in the state.     

Timmy Winn

Weird game tonight. CHS just ran out of pitching and the game fell apart. Johnson looked good. He works at really quick pace and controlled the tempo of the game. I was behind home plate and saw that he topped out at 80. Lots of strikes, attacks the zone. Effective pitcher. Ward looked fine but was on the ropes often and threw a ton of pitches early. Clovis had every bad break go against them, but CN grinded at bats and threw more strikes and generally executed better. Each team had a similar amount of loud contact. Each also has some room to improve defensively, although CN LF...I think skinner made an incredible throw from medium deep left and cut a cougar down at the plate by several steps. Impressive throw. Clovis' baserunner missed an opportunity to take third that cost them a run. Clovis also failed to execute on bunts the few times they were called for (f bunting by the way).
I'd love to see these teams go at it with fresh arms. Tonight was fun but I don't think it means CN is better than CHS. But I do think these two teams are pulling away from the crowd as the two best teams in the TRAC.

tru guru

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 27, 2024, 11:14:07 PMWeird game tonight. CHS just ran out of pitching and the game fell apart. Johnson looked good. He works at really quick pace and controlled the tempo of the game. I was behind home plate and saw that he topped out at 80. Lots of strikes, attacks the zone. Effective pitcher. Ward looked fine but was on the ropes often and threw a ton of pitches early. Clovis had every bad break go against them, but CN grinded at bats and threw more strikes and generally executed better. Each team had a similar amount of loud contact. Each also has some room to improve defensively, although CN LF...I think skinner made an incredible throw from medium deep left and cut a cougar down at the plate by several steps. Impressive throw. Clovis' baserunner missed an opportunity to take third that cost them a run. Clovis also failed to execute on bunts the few times they were called for (f bunting by the way).
I'd love to see these teams go at it with fresh arms. Tonight was fun but I don't think it means CN is better than CHS. But I do think these two teams are pulling away from the crowd as the two best teams in the TRAC.

I'm gonna give a slight edge to CN in a 3 game series.  Without Georges, CN seems to have the edge on the bump in games 2 and 3.  Clovis must have left their bats in Vegas.  They did not hit a lick in this tourney.  Still a toss up, but agree that these two teams are a cut above the rest of the TRAC..

Timmy Winn

Quote from: tru guru on March 28, 2024, 06:55:53 AMI'm gonna give a slight edge to CN in a 3 game series.  Without Georges, CN seems to have the edge on the bump in games 2 and 3.  Clovis must have left their bats in Vegas.  They did not hit a lick in this tourney.  Still a toss up, but agree that these two teams are a cut above the rest of the TRAC..
I agree that CN's pitching depth is likely better. Wilson and Johnson have really stepped up. We will see how JD manages that staff without Georges. But yes, in games 2 and 3 CN should have an edge.

Timmy Winn