News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Any Liberty guys in here?

Started by cifglobalism11, March 27, 2024, 04:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cifglobalism11

We have a huge commingle of Fresno, Clovis, Dos Palos, East valley, west valley, and Kern fanboys here. But there is one group that I have yet to witness post. If there is anyone from Liberty on here, or at least knows enough to answer this please do so:

WHY did Liberty NOT play the lancers from a second time this last season? This discontinuation looks really bad for you guys, and I was hoping the rematch would happen. Right now, they are saying that you guys are the ones that withdrew because of how bad they beat you in the '22 season. But that does not make sense considering:

*Liberty won the games on Freshman and JV

*Liberty was away for the '22 season, so that would make Liberty be at Home for the '23 season. (no excuse of traveling inter-section being a burden)

*Liberty was returning all 5 starting OLINE

*Liberty breaks through barriers, they had a long losing streak to CW for the longest time and they cracked through it. Point is that, Liberty wins rematches and they catch up in any series they may be losing.

That '22 game was an embarrassment for Liberty and for the section. So one would assume that a rematch is warranted. So whether or not it was just supposed to be a 1 game series, or 2 game (then one side canceled), somebody said no to a second game.

Who was it and why?
𝕎𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕍ℂ!...𝕃𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕒𝕔𝕙!
-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

There use to be a couple of Liberty guys, if I recall Taysdad and Patsfan, but I may have misspelled those.
What Lancers are you talking about? From what I have seen you place way more value on JV and Freshman levels than anyone. There is no one that looks as a team and thinks well our JV won lets keep playing them.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 27, 2024, 04:34:44 PMWhat Lancers are you talking about? From what I have seen you place way more value on JV and Freshman levels than anyone. There is no one that looks as a team and thinks well our JV won lets keep playing them.

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/9-23-2022/football-22/carlsbad-vs-liberty.htm?c=xM277fDCZEaX22c5LP6RYg#tab=box-score&schoolid=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-eKKnYRXA

With regards to the second thing you said. Fair enough. The question is still out there as to why they did not have a second game with them. The F/JV results were actually something I found out recently, before knowing that, I thought it was just a Varsity only matchup and I was still wandering why they did not play a second time.

But considering that even you must not know, its pleasing to know that the KERN sports region is not consolidated and oligarchic like some other place I know.

-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

I don't know why they didn't do a home-home deal with Carlsbad, if I recall Liberty needed to fill the schedule because someone dropped them and they couldn't get a game, don't quote me because I'm not positive.

footballforever

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 28, 2024, 08:26:34 AMI don't know why they didn't do a home-home deal with Carlsbad, if I recall Liberty needed to fill the schedule because someone dropped them and they couldn't get a game, don't quote me because I'm not positive.
That is usually the way "one offs" in scheduling occur. 2nd half of a 2 year deal gets blown up and you scramble for a fill in.
Having said that, other factors may apply, so it's an open question for Liberty insiders to answer.

Col 3:23

taysdad

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 27, 2024, 04:34:44 PMThere use to be a couple of Liberty guys, if I recall Taysdad and Patsfan, but I may have misspelled those.

Aw teddy...you remembered ;) Haven't been as involved since we moved out of CA 6 years ago. But I do believe it was a one off, not a home and home. Embarrassment cif? I'd say the state title at the end of the year negates your so called embarrassment :)

TeddyKGB

Hey Taysdad...I see you sit check in. Hope all is well, you went to Colorado right? Nixons philosophy for nonleague games was always to fine tune their team find the guys that where going to be playing come league and get ready for a playoff run.

taysdad

Quote from: TeddyKGB on March 29, 2024, 09:37:08 AMHey Taysdad...I see you sit check in. Hope all is well, you went to Colorado right? Nixons philosophy for nonleague games was always to fine tune their team find the guys that where going to be playing come league and get ready for a playoff run.

Yep still pop in here and there. We're in Utah...things are well! Hope you're doing well too.

cifglobalism11

@taysdad - The D1A game is a different subject, it did not include any avenged losses.

Essentially as a Liberty supporter, you to should want a rematch. And I believe Liberty could have turned that 27-0 loss into a win in a second game. I just cant imagine, how a staff can witness their guys being crapped on by an opposing team so bad and then withdrawing. Look at lancers just punking your Patriots around play after play and in between plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w604bSF5O9U

Although I got to give props to #29. Dudes the real deal and If Liberty had more like him, then damn a rematch was definitely warranted

For example at 1:05.
At first I was like wth?? how is the Liberty guy just going to get plowed over by the QB then let #7 push him THREE TIMES after the whistle is blown. Reminded me of when I let all these p***y's at CW push me around. But then at 3:53, this same guy made a comeback statement plowing through 4 D-1 commits. Then at 4:04, you can see #5 pointing to the scoreboard during an altercation taunting the Liberty player basically saying "hey look at the score b***". Good job to #11 from Liberty as well, really good QB who did not panic but was just overwhelmed.

Unfortunately that team has graduated now. So the more meaningful rematch is off the table, but there is still merit in the two teams playing again.

-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

CIF, Nixon used the nonleague games to get his guys ready and to find the combo of guys that where going to be playing. He didn't place as much value on winning as he did on getting ready for the league and then a playoff run.

cifglobalism11

So he doesn't care about his FB program, his community, prevailing at the highest level possible? Ok fair enough.

But if that game was really scheduled for that purpose. Why not do it again the following season for the same purpose? And even better, you can really see where your at, if improvements were made, same mistakes against the same type of players were made.

Playing Ridgeview and highland are warm ups, they wont really show what needs to be worked on.
Playing Santa Margarita may be a good prep game, but again if it is a first time game that was close, how can you really tell how well your team improved.

Where are playing the lancers they would have gotten an idea. If Liberty won, the measurement that showed improvement would have showed. If they lost again but this time by a little improvement shows, if it was by the same score or worse..its a radar alert of what needs to be worked on to prepare for league and the central section.

-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: cifglobalism11 on April 01, 2024, 02:01:17 PMSo he doesn't care about his FB program, his community, prevailing at the highest level possible? Ok fair enough.

where in the f--k did you get "he doesn't care about his FB program, his community prevailing at the highest level possible from what I said? Are you really this dumb or do you just want a reaction that then makes you feel like a martyr?
I don't know any of the circumstances behind Liberty not playing Carlsbad again so I can't comment on that. What I do know is that Liberty scheduled teams like Mission Veijo, Cathedral Catholic, Oaks Christian and TRAC teams as their nonleague games so I highly doubt that he didn't care about his program prevailing at the highest level possible. To me it seems like he wanted to win league and make a run at a Valley title...unlike you not everyone places a high priority on JV.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 01, 2024, 02:36:21 PMjust want a reaction that then makes you feel like a martyr?

Im not looking for a reaction just the reason why Liberty decided not to play them again..and right now until one of the active Liberty guys can be the ambassador to this topic, the verdict is Nixon and his program backed out from dread.

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 01, 2024, 02:36:21 PMplaces a high priority on JV.
you should already know where I got the habit of doing that

but for now lets let the Liberty guys answer to this.

-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: cifglobalism11 on April 01, 2024, 02:48:53 PMjust the reason why Liberty decided not to play them again..and right now until one of the active Liberty guys can be the ambassador to this topic, the verdict is Nixon and his program backed out from dread.

the verdict is based on what, your assumption? So your way of thinking is until someone proves your theory wrong then your theory is true, is that correct? Being a fan/supporter of a team doesn't mean they have first hand knowledge of why teams are scheduled or not scheduled.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 01, 2024, 03:49:23 PMthe verdict is based on what, your assumption? So your way of thinking is until someone proves your theory wrong then your theory is true, is that correct? Being a fan/supporter of a team doesn't mean they have first hand knowledge of why teams are scheduled or not scheduled.

No that is not my assumption. I am involved in another sport that holds competition's weekly that involve many teams from SoCal in just one event. Cbad was there and I went to them to ask if any of them played football (around 10 of them did). They stated that's what their coaches said.

And you are correct. being a fan/support does that yield knowing that right away, but at least they can ask those that do have that knowledge. But this post invites anyone from Liberty including any of their coaches
-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

so to be clear...because high school kids SAID that their coach SAID you concluded that Nixon didn't care about his program or community? That, my fine feathered friend, is hearsay... seems that to you that is rock solid proof...seems you're either easily swayed or you hear what you want to hear and take it as validation.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 02, 2024, 08:21:26 AMso to be clear...because high school kids SAID that their coach SAID you concluded that Nixon didn't care about his program or community? That, my fine feathered friend, is hearsay... seems that to you that is rock solid proof...seems you're either easily swayed or you hear what you want to hear and take it as validation.

So to be clear. I am coming here requesting the Liberty insiders clarify this because I did not believe what the cbad guys claimed.(read my first post). So until then say what you want, I am still open to what the liberty insiders have to say. Unfortunately they do not appear to be active here.

SO if there are any Liberty guys that come across this, PLEASE TELL YOUR HC OR PROGRAM DIRECTOR TO NEXT TIME NOT SCHEDULE ONE-OFF CLIFF HANGERS LIKE THIS AND JUST FINISH THE DAMN SERIES THAT WAY THINGS LIKE THIS DO NOT BECOME A MYSTERY.

-cdub logic

Voice_of_Reason

I'll answer
I coached lower levels at Liberty for 10 years and moved out of state last season. Carlsbad pulled out of the game at Liberty because they didn't want to play in the heat, on a crappy KHSD field, and because of the bad air of the Central Valley. Besides, what else did they have to prove? But if I recall, only one of the teams mentioned won a state championship.

TeddyKGB

Voice I have a couple questions, did Carlsbad site the bad air and crappy field as safety reasons for backing out? Do these school sign contacts or is it more of a gentleman's agreement to play home-home?

TeddyKGB