News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Multi-Sport Standouts

Started by TeddyKGB, April 05, 2024, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

In this era of "specializing" in one sport who are some of the more notable multisport stand outs in the CV, here's the ones that I remember:

McKay Christensen Clovis West football, baseball
Ricky Manning Edison Football, baseball
Tyler Clutts Clovis football, wrestling
Kurt Miller West  baseball, basketball
Jason Oliver football, basketball, track
Jeff Buckey football, shot & discus

Darth Backer

The Clovis North kid Madsen is ranked #2 in the nation in discus and has multiple offers in football.

Sixtynine

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 05, 2024, 01:49:25 PMThe Clovis North kid Madsen is ranked #2 in the nation in discus and has multiple offers in football.

I want to say the other CN runningback Cinfel wrestled in the state tournament this year too

What a 1-2 punch to have again next season
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 05, 2024, 01:49:25 PMThe Clovis North kid Madsen is ranked #2 in the nation in discus and has multiple offers in football.
16 offers

Timmy Winn

Vince Wesson was the first to be first team all valley in three sports: baseball, basketball and football.

mkb152

Alec Gamboa (Madera):  Football, wrestling, baseball
Josh Hokit (Clovis):  Football, wrestling

Sixtynine

Top of my head knowing I'm forgetting a ton, but don't have much time this morning to make a huge list:

Buchanan

Ryan Smith (2005)- played college football and college baseball

Seth Moranda (2011)- All-State football WR and got drafted in the 11th round for baseball his senior year. Also played QB his senior year. California Athlete of the Year

Christian Parra (2011)- Football and baseball. Went to San Diego State on a football scholarship before coming back home and playing multiple years of baseball at Fresno State.

Brock Jones (2019)- played football and baseball at Stanford his Frosh year before jusy focusing on baseball after that

CW

Adrian Martinez (2018)- Football and basketball in HS. Thought he was a really skilled basketball player. Played college football at Nebraska and KState

DJ and Dusty Schramm (2018)- Football and baseball throughout high school. DJ went to Boise State for football and Dusty went to Utah for baseball.

CN

Chris Mariscal (2011)- Three-year varsity QB and shortstop. Went on to play baseball at Fresno State and then multiple years in the minors

Edison

TJ McDonald- Football and baseball. We know that story

Marquis Cooper- Football and baseball. Stud RB and got drafted super high his senior year for baseball. I believe a top 5 rounder

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Templeton Football

Jeremy Staat-BHS Football, Shot and Discus in track. High school state champion in the discus, 2 time state JC champion in the discus. Played D Line at Arizona State after Bakersfield College. 2nd round draft choice Pittsburgh Steelers.

izne1home

Erin Banks. All around stud at CE class of 2007, and Mr Olympia 2022.  Also a good man.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Templeton Football on April 07, 2024, 06:24:42 PMJeremy Staat-BHS Football, Shot and Discus in track. High school state champion in the discus, 2 time state JC champion in the discus. Played D Line at Arizona State after Bakersfield College. 2nd round draft choice Pittsburgh Steelers.

I had forgot that Staat was a state champ in the discus.

Cody Kessler Football & basketball was another one I'd forgot. I believe he was  All-Area basketball POY but I can't swear to that.

hardhitter23

Fowlers QB plays football and Baseball
Clovis High QB football and Baseball
Clovis High RB football, Baseball and Wrestles
Central has about 30 football players that run track and play basketball
Clovis West has 4 kids that play football and basketball along with 3 Baseball players

knightsrule04

From Palm and Barstow there have been a few:
-Bill Harrison, football-basketball-baseball and first-team All-Metro in football and baseball as well as leading scorer on the court; I think he played both football and baseball at FCC, then baseball at Cal and was going to sign with the Orioles but hurt his shoulder back before much could be done about it. Became a famous eye doctor working with many college and pro teams, especially baseball - his pupils (pun intended) included George Brett and Barry Bonds.

-Joe Lamoure, football-baseball; led Bullard to their first VC game in football as QB and played 2B pretty well, going to Stanford for baseball

-Dave Meier, baseball-soccer; standout on Bullard's first soccer VC as a senior and then SS on the baseball VC team the same year, played in MLB in the 80s for a few years

-Rex Hudler, football-soccer-baseball; All-Metro on the grid and the diamond, schollies to Notre Dame and Michigan as WR and then picked in the 1st round as a SS by the Yankees right after graduating. And I read a profile on him sometime in the 90s-00s where he said soccer might have been his best sport (I don't think the Bee did soccer All-Metro in the 70s).

-Joe Cooper, football-soccer-baseball; NFL kicker

-Anthony McCoy, football-basketball-track(?); NFL tight end

And I'm sure there are more I'm not remembering.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

knightsrule04

BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.