News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Passing Tournaments

Started by Coach Gutierrez, April 20, 2018, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Gutierrez

June 02: Lindsay, (Clovis).
June 09: El Diamante, Clovis East, Avenal
June 16: Hanford, Fresno State.
June 23: Redwood, Hoover, Pacheco, Paso Robles, Atascadero.
June 30: Kerman, Dos Palos, Arroyo Grande.

When are the coast tourneys?

Darth Backer

I think Arroyo Grande is June 30

shafteralum

Does anyone know if/when Morro Bay will bring back their tournament?  That one was always a lot of fun...and sunburn.

Darth Backer

Jazz

Morro Bay seems to be done for good.  City frowned on that many people on campus (and camping), then the bond they passed had a ton of construction going on that cut into parking, then they have a new coach who from what I hear wasn't going to take that beast on. 

Jazz

June 2 Clovis High
June 9 Clovis East

valleyfbfan

Atascadero June 22-23, taking the place of Morro Bay.

Coach Gutierrez

Any info on the June 2nd Clovis tourney?

Coach Rus Pickett

WHAT:  7 on 7 Tournament
WHEN: Saturday June 23rd
WHERE: Hoover High School (Fresno,CA)
WHO:  Varsity Football Teams
TIME: 8:30am warm up/ 9:00am Start
COST: $100 per 7 on 7 team

Information: We are a looking to fill 15 spots as we bring back hosting 7 on 7 at Hoover High School. There will be 3 Pools of 5 teams with each Team playing 4 games in round robin fashion. The Top Seed, based on record(tie breaker =  least points given up and/or most points scored) will get a bye for the first round of the playoff portion. Each team will be guaranteed 5 games (4 in Pool Play + 1 for sure playoff game). Rules and Regulations will be sent out as we get closer to the tournament.

Please email Coach Rus Pickett if interested: [email protected]

1 Hoover
2 Sunnyside
3 Sierra
4 McLane
5 Clovis East

theMHSguy

Quote from: Coach Gutierrez on April 20, 2018, 10:56:37 AM
June 02: Lindsay
June 09: El Diamante, Clovis East, Avenal
June 16: Hanford
June 23: Redwood, Hoover, Pacheco
June 30: Kerman, Dos Palos, Arroyo Grande

When are the coast tourneys?

I have never seen, read or been told why Bakersfield/Kern Co does not host passing tournaments. So why is it?
"Victory is often achieved in inches, timed in seconds, and denied through mistakes. A true champion learns, through sweat and sacrifice, that he can overcome these mistakes. For a true champion, the thrill of victory is ample reward for the hardships of training." Vince Lombardi

shafteralum

Quote from: theMHSguy on April 25, 2018, 10:14:06 AM
I have never seen, read or been told why Bakersfield/Kern Co does not host passing tournaments. So why is it?

In the past there was a summer passing league, and most KHSD teams would participate.  I'm not sure if it's still around; last i heard insurance costs were getting expensive.

shafteralum