News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

City- County invites are out

Started by wellnow, February 15, 2012, 11:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellnow

Coach Hurd

I am not at liberty to discuss anything City/County Game related at this time.

diesel

Quote from: Coach Hurd on February 15, 2012, 11:38:56 AM

You could tell us.....but then you'd have to kill us, right?   ;)

Football

Hypothetically speaking of course.  :D

wellnow

At this time or any time :huh:

Denver Viking

I believe Kevin Hurtado will be representing Kingsburg. I'd guess that Trevor Price would be invited as well.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

OriginalCVFan

I am assuming the invites go out to the individual coaches and the coaches communicate with the kids?
]

wellnow

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on February 16, 2012, 09:46:54 AM
I am assuming the invites go out to the individual coaches and the coaches communicate with the kids?
I think the coaches pick and contact the kids and then they receive a card to RSVP.

Coachhurt

Quote from: Denver Viking on February 16, 2012, 09:21:55 AM
I believe Kevin Hurtado will be representing Kingsburg. I'd guess that Trevor Price would be invited as well.
yes Kevin did receive his invite card and will be playing in the game.

Football

Quote from: wellnow on February 16, 2012, 09:49:39 AM
I think the coaches pick and contact the kids and then they receive a card to RSVP.

Invitations are delivered to the players homes. Congratulations to all who were chosen.

It's premature to create a roster however, if you know of anyone who has received an invitaion, list them.

Our first known invite is:

Kevin Hurtado, Kingsburg

izne1home

Quote from: Football on February 16, 2012, 01:36:47 PM
Invitations are delivered to the players homes. Congratulations to all who were chosen

I think they go to the home addresses if that information was provided by the coach on the nomination form.  If not, the invitations will go back to the coach for delivery to the players.   

Dirtfarmer

I think that the coaches contacted the players by phone about two weeks ago...at least one (coach) did...

Denver Viking

Invitations are delivered to the players homes. Congratulations to all who were chosen.

It's premature to create a roster however, if you know of anyone who has received an invitaion, list them.

Kevin Hurtado, Kingsburg

I know there are 3 more from Kingsburg that have been invited. Probably should leave them nameless until they officially accept.
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

duc55

Kevin Hurtado, Kingsburg

Mike Baker,Central
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

wellnow

Eric Mendoza Madera
Tyler Bates Madera
Tyler joins his Grandpa, Dad, Brother who played for County, his Uncle played for City.

izne1home

Quote from: wellnow on February 17, 2012, 08:25:57 AM
Tyler joins his Grandpa, Dad, Brother who played for County, his Uncle played for City.

That's one of the things that makes this game special.  Tradition.  Almost 6 decade's worth. 

captainjrl

Hollywood

Jordan Stallworth (SJM) got invited and plans to play.

Hollywood