News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Contenders vs Pretenders

Started by jeraf, August 28, 2012, 07:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old driller

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 28, 2012, 05:00:44 PM
no I wasn't avoiding you...but I have lived long enough to have learned that when a man (intelligent at that)  is anxious to place a wager he knows something I don't. I'm all for gambling but I'm not stupid...
but I'm not stupid... I wouldn't mind starting a thread on that statement!

izne1home

RoadDawg

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 28, 2012, 10:14:36 PM
what do you know?

After last Friday, I know Central would match up with several local JCs, talent and size wise...
"The older I get... The better I was!"

flexmac3

Quote from: RoadDawg on August 28, 2012, 11:18:46 PM
After last Friday, I know Central would match up with several local JCs, talent and size wise...
Come on RoadDawg, thats crazy talk. comparing Central to Jr College football teams :huh:
Dont fall into that Central kool-aid. Especially, since they have played only D3 Hanford.

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on August 28, 2012, 10:30:38 PM
Don't worry about it.   +7?

Hey, Teddy, if Iz is willing to spot you 7 touchdowns, take that bet!!!   ;)

TeddyKGB

he's not spotting me points he said he'll take Liberty +4.. at first

cdubkiller

Quote from: jeraf on August 28, 2012, 12:42:35 PM
BRONCO2015, you're correct on the Atascadero pick.  My Bad. But you're also wrong on the El D Homer remark.
I will however disagree on why I think that a close game will drop CN in the D1 rankings which IMO will come back to haunt CN when the D1 seedings are dealt out come playoff time.  Being that El D is a D2 team, how CN fares against them will playout in the D1 Seedings and also the D2 seeding for El D.  BTW I do think that CN will win big in this game (CN 42-14 El D).  I'm also going to be there to film this game, so that everyone can see for themselves
and determine how each team really looks.  Stop by.  I'll be on the CN side somewhere around the 50yd line halfway up the stadium with a CAL Cap on.

I think this El D team is going to surprise a lot of people this year. They are not the same 1-9 team from last year, and after watching extensive film on them this year, they have made a commitment in the offseason to their weight training and preparation coming into this season. They look bigger, faster, and well coached. As far as the matchup this Friday goes, obviously I'm hoping the boys from North come out and play hard, fast, execute, and leave it all out on the field. When it comes to rankings, I don't think a close game in this one would hurt CN necessarily, and it shouldn't. It is too early in the year to say a close game in this one would come back to haunt CN in the D1 seedings come late November. There is a lot of football to be played from now until then... 8)
Friday Night Fever!!!

BRONCO2015

Quote from: cdubkiller on August 29, 2012, 08:54:15 AM
I think this El D team is going to surprise a lot of people this year. They are not the same 1-9 team from last year, and after watching extensive film on them this year, they have made a commitment in the offseason to their weight training and preparation coming into this season. They look bigger, faster, and well coached. As far as the matchup this Friday goes, obviously I'm hoping the boys from North come out and play hard, fast, execute, and leave it all out on the field. When it comes to rankings, I don't think a close game in this one would hurt CN necessarily, and it shouldn't. It is too early in the year to say a close game in this one would come back to haunt CN in the D1 seedings come late November. There is a lot of football to be played from now until then... 8)

Almost 100% of the time you can tell when El D is gonna pass and when they are gonna run. It's subtle, but it's there. Not talkin' about obvious pass sets. If CN has picked up on this, it could be a long night for El D. CN was in Atascadero's backfield with a 2-3 yard penetration all night long. If they get off the ball on El D, it will be lights out!  Just sayin'.
Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

RoadDawg

Quote from: flexmac3 on August 28, 2012, 11:55:21 PM
Come on RoadDawg, thats crazy talk. comparing Central to Jr College football teams :huh:
Dont fall into that Central kool-aid. Especially, since they have played only D3 Hanford.

As someone who played JC football... It's not crazy talk.... They wouldnt match up with SFCC, but they would be a challenge for some of the lower end JC teams.    

cdubkiller

Quote from: RoadDawg on August 29, 2012, 09:25:31 AM
As someone who played JC football... It's not crazy talk.... They wouldnt match up with SFCC, but they would be a challenge for some of the lower end JC teams.    

Also coming from someone who played JC football, Central is a darn good high school football team but they are just that...a high school football team. Central has lot's of D1 talent and are going to be one of the best football teams in D1 this year, but guess what when I played at FCC we had more than our share of big time college D1 talent and they still have that there on this year's team. Many of the guys I played with had bounced back from programs like Oregon, Oklahoma, UCLA, among others for various reasons. Fresno City college this year,  is going to have a very good team and I'm not so sure that Central could play with them as talented as they are. No disrespect to Central or their players, but the speed of the college game is FAR faster than that of high school football.
Friday Night Fever!!!

TeddyKGB

Sorry Road, I have to disagree with you here...Central may be loaded, but they are loaded with high school kids. I can see a team like DLS or Poly #1 in the state type teams beating a horrible jc team but even that may be a stretch.

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 29, 2012, 08:44:10 AM
he's not spotting me points he said he'll take Liberty +4.. at first

No, I asked you to put money on your 4 point game prediction.  Through your passive aggressiveness, you have moved me to 7. 

TeddyKGB

yes, this is true and when you went out of your way to bring my attention to your proposed wager my spidey senses started to tingle and I knew something was amiss.

RoadDawg

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 29, 2012, 09:39:07 AM
Sorry Road, I have to disagree with you here...Central may be loaded, but they are loaded with high school kids. I can see a team like DLS or Poly #1 in the state type teams beating a horrible jc team but even that may be a stretch.

I didnt say they could beat a JC team, I stated they would compete with the weaker ones...   How many of the weaker JC's have a complete secondary filled with D1 talent, and 300 pd d-linemen... ?   Ive known a lot of JC teams who didnt have 8 D1 players on their roster...

TeddyKGB

if Central is that loaded, they better be playing in Decemeber.

RoadDawg

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 29, 2012, 06:35:42 PM

The talent is there ... whether they put it all together as a team, is yet to be seen. 

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on August 29, 2012, 06:35:42 PM

They've got a legitimate shot.  Garza brings a new dimension to the Grizzlies. 

duc55

Quote from: izne1home on August 29, 2012, 08:36:28 PM
They've got a legitimate shot.  Garza brings a new dimension to the Grizzlies. 
We need to give Coach Garza a year or two before we start talking about how he changed Central football.
Quinn did go 11-4 in Trac for his last three years,Just saying.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

izne1home

Quote from: duc55 on August 29, 2012, 09:06:39 PM
We need to give Coach Garza a year or two before we start talking about how he changed Central football.
Quinn did go 11-4 in Trac for his last three years,Just saying.

I'm not being critical of CQ.  I've know Casey personally for several years and have a ton of respect for him.  Garza is just a different guy with a different equation.  In my opinion, his equation is a better fit for Central. 

As we know, Central is not an easy place to coach.  Maybe second only to Edison. 

duc55

Quote from: izne1home on August 29, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
I'm not being critical of CQ.  I've know Casey personally for several years and have a ton of respect for him.  Garza is just a different guy with a different equation.  In my opinion, his equation is a better fit for Central. 

As we know, Central is not an easy place to coach.  Maybe second only to Edison. 
Your 100% on the money,thats why time will only tell. :u:
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

duc55