News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Ouch - Careful With Those Internal Emails

Started by izne1home, June 12, 2023, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

izne1home

http://enewspaper.latimes.com/infinity/article_share.aspx?guid=5f7f21a4-7b20-4f1d-8738-7e96f26f09aa

I worked at a law firm for 20 years before going in-house.  Outwardly, all buttoned up and tight, but behind the scenes, pure debauchery.  Email wasn't as evolved then as it is now, but if those messages were ever released, I know three current judges who might have to retire.

Synopsis:  Very large law firm in LA.  Over 1,000 attorneys world wide.  Two attorneys broke off, started their own firm, and recruited 100+ attorneys to go with them.  To explain their move and persuade clients to move with them, they came out very critical of the old firm.

The old firm decided to go nuclear.  It released years of internal emails from the two attorneys which were brutal.  Nobody was immune from sexist and racist attacks.  End result, those two attorneys had to resign from the new firm, and most of the 100+ who left are trying to get their old jobs back. 

Moral of the story:  don't F with a bunch of 80 year old independently wealthy attorneys.  They'll cut off one of their hands to watch you drown. 

Come to think of it, Bigskin is a millionaire and doesn't even know it.  If he ever threatened to release our real names and a few of our choice posts over the years, most of us would be divorced and unemployed within a month.  If any of us ever run for office, expect a late-night call from Bigskin...

TeddyKGB

sounds like those two attorneys forgot whom they had worked for/with, most people never realize that those who teach you tricks of the trade always keep a few of their best tricks to themselves in case they need them against their pupils.

BallGuy

Quote from: TeddyKGB on June 13, 2023, 08:26:43 AM
sounds like those two attorneys forgot whom they had worked for/with, most people never realize that those who teach you tricks of the trade always keep a few of their best tricks to themselves in case they need them against their pupils.

Not sure I've ever agreed with you more. Also, you reap what you sow. These guys are idiots putting anything in an email/slack/IM. That's their company's IP, and these hacks are lawyers? I mean, I guess there's credence to having your lawyer represent you in a dui case who's had three dui's himself, but c'mon people. Booksmart v. Streetsmart

TeddyKGB

Quote from: BallGuy on June 13, 2023, 08:42:49 AM
I guess there's credence to having your lawyer represent you in a dui case who's had three dui's himself,

this is precisely why izne has represented me/us in all the cases vs. Clark County

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on June 13, 2023, 08:48:25 AM
this is precisely why izne has presented me/us in all the cases vs. Clark County

How do you think I always get you in the celebrity wing of the jailhouse? 

izne1home