News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Memorial

Started by hardhitter23, February 02, 2015, 12:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardhitter23

WOW Memorial petition to go to D3 and was allowed :huh: :huh: :huh:

flexmac3

Quote from: hardhitter23 on February 02, 2015, 12:41:43 PM
WOW Memorial petition to go to D3 and was allowed :huh: :huh: :huh:

For all sports?

Sixtynine

Quote from: flexmac3 on February 02, 2015, 12:49:24 PM
For all sports?

No I think just for football.

Baseball actually got moved to D-1
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

obiwan

Football is waisting everyone time at memorial...step up or make a move...

Bronco

Quote from: obiwan on February 07, 2015, 02:00:40 PM
Football is waisting everyone time at memorial...step up or make a move...
They did make a move - in the direction that they apparently want to go. I wonder if they are still going to play D1 Garces ?!?

flexmac3

Quote from: Bronco on February 07, 2015, 05:57:31 PM
They did make a move - in the direction that they apparently want to go. I wonder if they are still going to play D1 Garces ?!?
Bronco, Garces is D2, but I agree with your post.
Both schools, SJM, and Garces have decided what path they want to go.

Bronco

I thought they moved up when they changed  leagues - my mistake. Both those programs could be very good if they wanted to follow the "Catholic School" formula that is prevalent in the Southern Section however I guess SJM is not interested in going in that direction. It will be interesting to see what Garces (& there boosters) will be willing to do to help Coach AJ Gass move the Ram Program forward .

flexmac3

Quote from: Bronco on February 07, 2015, 08:20:30 PM
I thought they moved up when they changed  leagues - my mistake. Both those programs could be very good if they wanted to follow the "Catholic School" formula that is prevalent in the Southern Section however I guess SJM is not interested in going in that direction. It will be interesting to see what Garces (& there boosters) will be willing to do to help Coach AJ Gass move the Ram Program forward .
Agreed, As for Garces, find with me, they should choose that Catholic formula you spoke of.

diesel

The CIF moved them but they immediately petitioned to move back down to D2......and the CIF granted it......

CWClassof2007

It's not just the Southern Section. It's the entire state. Look at the state rankings for basketball sometime. More than half of the top 20 are private schools. SJM & Garces could really do their damage if they wanted to.

Mr. Football

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on February 10, 2015, 08:22:19 AM
It's not just the Southern Section. It's the entire state. Look at the state rankings for basketball sometime. More than half of the top 20 are private schools. SJM & Garces could really do their damage if they wanted to.

They should really have Private and Public state champ in Basketball and Football like they do in Texas.

Bronco

Quote from: Mr. Football on February 10, 2015, 08:43:46 AM
They should really have Private and Public state champ in Basketball and Football like they do in Texas.
They have public & private champions for Football in Hawaii also.

CWClassof2007

I believe they do in New Jersey as well. In Texas the private schools are under a completely different governing board.

cdubkiller

Quote from: Mr. Football on February 10, 2015, 08:43:46 AM

Couldn't agree more...How can you expect public schools to compete with the big money private schools who can recruit and have unlimited outside money pouring into the programs? It's not fair or realistic to think they can compete with that, year in and year out...
Friday Night Fever!!!

cdubkiller

Friday Night Fever!!!