News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Fresno State Camp

Started by CHS74, June 11, 2011, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHS74

How are the teams looking, who is attending the first camp.

Gurf

Quote from: CHS74 on June 11, 2011, 09:55:01 AM
How are the teams looking, who is attending the first camp.

Bishop Gorman handled Central easily today. Central turned around and destroyed Sanger. Didn't see CNorth.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: Gurf on June 11, 2011, 10:14:40 PM
Bishop Gorman handled Central easily today. Central turned around and destroyed Sanger. Didn't see CNorth.

Was really surprised how badly Central was getting beat in the secondary by Bishop Gorman.  Sanger's front line wasn't able to handle the much bigger Central front.  Central's nose guard was blowing thru seemingly at will. Baker did use his legs instead of his arm a few times, even scoring once.  If he continues this trend it will make Central more versatile.

Saw some of the CN games and they appeared to be more evenly matched in their games.  They seemed to be holding their own, with both teams playing tough and making plays on both sides of the ball.

Loyal14u

BG is the defending state champ of Nevada, they are a private school and building on the caliber of De La Salle. Basically they are legit!
Granite Bay, Central, CN, Sanger, Vacaville, and a school starting with an O i didn't recognize (but looks like the worst team there!)
All together FSU has only 7 teams for the 1st session....

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: Loyal14u on June 12, 2011, 11:32:35 AM
BG is the defending state champ of Nevada, they are a private school and building on the caliber of De La Salle. Basically they are legit!
Granite Bay, Central, CN, Sanger, Vacaville, and a school starting with an O i didn't recognize (but looks like the worst team there!)
All together FSU has only 7 teams for the 1st session....

Central did MUCH better last night on offense against Biship Gorman than they did on Saturday.  They still got spanked on defense though.  That BG team is really good and it looked to be their O line that was giving them the edge...HUGE kids....

CHS74

If I am correct BG did not start a senior on their O-line last year, maybe their TE was a Sr.

JAYDUB

So was this the most boring Fresno State camp ever or what?  Was there nothing to talk about, or did just know body go?  I would like to get some analysis from the people that went and watched.  I was unable to watch this one but am excited to go watch the next camp.  Who all is int the next camp?

Love TheFn Game

It was the least talented camp I have ever witnessed at Fresno State, only 7 teams.

Bishop Gorman will win state in Nevada, Central is probably an 3 or 4 loss team, not as good as last years team. Clovis North was power football without powerful people, Sanger is way down, very slow, This was not a special Granite team but still disciplined, Oakmont was shakey as was Vacaville.

the second camp will be a little better to watch with CE Bullard and CW all playing each other.

Only BG and central would be top 10 teams in this section. the cost of the camp is way over priced and the return for the buck is diminishing.  there use to be as many as 14 teams at a session.

Loyal14u

teams rather spend $20 per player rather than $125 per player for the same type of contact camp at Clovis East than Fresno State

Just_A_Fan

:u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u: :u:

OriginalCVFan

Why spend the money at all?

Call 2 teams, meet somewhere, and hold your own 1-2 day camp.  feed the kids. 
]

antpatce

Success at the Fresno State camp, and during the passing tournaments in the summer, is just a little more indicative of how a team will play in the regular season, than the color of their uniforms. But not much more. Last year at this time, the fans of Madera and Chowtown were crowing about how well their teams performed. The Skins were decent when it counted in the fall, the Yotes weren't.
I also saw Clovis East beat CW at last year's FS camp. In the regular season game between the 2 teams, CE was lucky to cross mid-field, which they only did twice the entire game and one time it was against the reserves. Everybody knows which one of these 2 teams went 4-8 and which team won the title.
We all get a little anxious and excited for our teams this time of year because the smell of the gridiron is in the air. But let's not get all over ourselves and think future success is based on the results of a few scrimmages and 7-on-7 touch football.

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: antpatce on June 16, 2011, 11:13:20 AM
Success at the Fresno State camp, and during the passing tournaments in the summer, is just a little more indicative of how a team will play in the regular season, than the color of their uniforms. But not much more. Last year at this time, the fans of Madera and Chowtown were crowing about how well their teams performed. The Skins were decent when it counted in the fall, the Yotes weren't.
I also saw Clovis East beat CW at last year's FS camp. In the regular season game between the 2 teams, CE was lucky to cross mid-field, which they only did twice the entire game and one time it was against the reserves. Everybody knows which one of these 2 teams went 4-8 and which team won the title.
We all get a little anxious and excited for our teams this time of year because the smell of the gridiron is in the air. But let's not get all over ourselves and think future success is based on the results of a few scrimmages and 7-on-7 touch football.

Bravo.    :u:       :smarty: :woo:

Just like 7 on 7's, Fresno State Camp is all about getting playing time, reps, and 4 days of basically 2 a days, with some intense scrimmages going on in the evening.  Are the KIDS trying to win, YES.  Are the Coaches?  THey play competitively, yes, they like to win, yes, but is their GOAL to win.  I hope not, because that is a coach with their priorities off kilter.   
]

wellnow

Quote from: antpatce on June 16, 2011, 11:13:20 AM

You have that right, maybe since they call it a camp we should think of smores and campfires, and not worry about football :u:

wellnow