News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Who got hosed?

Started by Darth Backer, November 09, 2015, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Backer

Fresno High 9-1 league champs... #5 seed.  Who else took a bad hit Saturday? 

Madera South beating them and then losing to SJM sealed their fate...

TeddyKGB

how does garces win one game and is the #6 seed and has a bye?

helmet 2 helmet

Taft ends their season 8-2 and was rewarded with the #8 seed in Division 4 LOL

helmet 2 helmet

Madera High beat #6 seed Tulare Western but gets the #9 seed.
That equals a trip to Kingsburg and if they win that they get the #1 seed. 

Forceuser

Quote from: helmet 2 helmet on November 09, 2015, 10:38:27 AM
Taft ends their season 8-2 and was rewarded with the #8 seed in Division 4 LOL

I think that just speaks to how tough a division D-IV is this year.  It's going to be a blood bath through the whole thing.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Van Smack

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 09, 2015, 10:25:48 AM
how does garces win one game and is the #6 seed and has a bye?

I agree, Garces is 2-8 so I was thinking they would be last seed and would be traveling to West for a first round game this Friday. But, seeding committee ignored record and seeded solely off strength of schedule, which was the best in D2 by far according to CalPreps, so A bye week and travel to Sanger...ouch!
Have a take, and make sure it doesn't suck!

BIG SKIN

Quote from: Forceuser on November 09, 2015, 11:06:18 AM
I think that just speaks to how tough a division D-IV is this year.  It's going to be a blood bath through the whole thing.
Totally agree.....slobber knocker start to finish.....no cake walking DIV this season.
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: Darth Backer on November 09, 2015, 09:53:06 AM
Fresno High 9-1 league champs... #5 seed.  Who else took a bad hit Saturday? 

Madera South beating them and then losing to SJM sealed their fate...

I agree, that was pretty bad.

whitemarbles

Quote from: helmet 2 helmet on November 09, 2015, 10:42:05 AM
Madera High beat #6 seed Tulare Western but gets the #9 seed.
That equals a trip to Kingsburg and if they win that they get the #1 seed.

Really? The TW team they played was injury/suspension depleted, but ok a "win."  Other than that, wins against Hoover, Roosevelt and Los Banos....a combined 8 wins and 22 losses. They ended the season with 5 straight losses. So where did they get hosed again?
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: whitemarbles on November 09, 2015, 09:48:08 PM
Really? The TW team they played was injury/suspension depleted, but ok a "win."  Other than that, wins against Hoover, Roosevelt and Los Banos....a combined 8 wins and 22 losses. They ended the season with 5 straight losses. So where did they get hosed again?

All good points, seems like the CIF was extremely bias this year.  Nothing really made any sense.  How does a win over TW NOT work in the favor of Madera, but works perfectly with Lemoore (8-2) taking the #2 over Sanger (9-1) even though Sanger had a tougher SOS and bigger wins? Seems like 2015 CIF playoff seeding was the YEAR OF THE BROWN NOSED COACH.   

diesel

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on November 11, 2015, 11:23:51 AM

All good points, seems like the CIF was extremely bias this year.  Nothing really made any sense.  How does a win over TW NOT work in the favor of Madera, but works perfectly with Lemoore (8-2) taking the #2 over Sanger (9-1) even though Sanger had a tougher SOS and bigger wins? Seems like 2015 CIF playoff seeding was the YEAR OF THE BROWN NOSED COACH.

How do you put Madera above TW when Madera went 4-5 losing all five league games and TW goes 7-3 and is a league champion? Head to head counts but an early season loss compared to overall record and league champ has more priority. The Lemoore/Sanger issue is not an apples to apples comparison to what happened between Madera and TW......

mkb152

Uh, the rankings were based directly off of coach's rankings.  So your rant is fairly baseless.
A rant on whether the rankings should be based on coach's rankings would at least have some merit.

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: mkb152 on November 11, 2015, 12:01:28 PM
Uh, the rankings were based directly off of coach's rankings.  So your rant is fairly baseless.
A rant on whether the rankings should be based on coach's rankings would at least have some merit.

Sorry, next time I will explain in more detail so YOU can understand a bit easier next time.  When I post I expect the reader to be fairly educated and informed of the ENTIRE section, teams, rankings, etc.  Obviously not in your case.  The term "brown nosed coach" is a example of the seeding system based on coaches Rankings....or better said DEBATE / mouth piece abilities.

TeddyKGB

TheTruth, I hate to point this out bud but if Rough, myself and now mb152 "misunderstood" what you meant maybe we, by we I mean you, should take a look at what the common denominator is in these episodes.

Forceuser

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 11, 2015, 04:17:43 PM
TheTruth, I hate to point this out bud but if Rough, myself and now mb152 "misunderstood" what you meant maybe we, by we I mean you, should take a look at what the common denominator is in these episodes.

correct...I thought the same thing as you guys.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: TeddyKGB on November 11, 2015, 04:17:43 PM

Very well said KGB....as always.  Reading comprehension is definitely your fortay.  I get your point and will use a much more defined example next time. 

Ps, sometimes text takes word out of contex. 

Have a good night my friend....KGB

Roughneck005

More like, "YEAR OF THE SALTY LIBERTY COACH".

You just keep digging that hole, bud. Someday you'll learn that whining doesn't get you what you want in life, and that whining on here will draw you a comparison to BakoPhats, among others...People (coaches) that come on here and comment like you do don't last long. Success in life (and the game of football) is not handed out to the biggest whiners (though this country seems to be leaning that way now...), it is earned by those who work hard and are big enough people to recognize the strengths in others along their way.

Learn some humility and move on, you will be a much happier person in the long run.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

Darth Backer

I think the Madera over TW win (being ignored) is pretty easy to explain.  Coaches looked at factors that the CIF rarely did look at:

1.) Madera lost 5 in a row
2.) Madera is without their head coach
3.) the Madera over TW win came very early in the season
4.) TW has some kids (QB) playing after the 30 day sit period that are impact players
5.) TW beat an unbeaten TU team

Coaches therefore chose to overlook the Madera over TW win when they sent in their seedings.  And it had to be the majority of coaches.

laidback

Boy, is everyone gonna hate this post. It doesn't matter who's seeded where. The best teams are eventually going to win anyway. It doesn't matter if the best two teams play early, or in the finals, the best one will win. I just don't understand all this hoopla. I just think it's a big ego thing to see who gets to play in the finals. Throw names in the pot, pull them out & play some football. Okay, give me your best shots.
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

TeddyKGB

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on November 11, 2015, 08:44:51 PM

Ps, sometimes text takes word out of contex. 

Dude, you're killing me... yes you're right the written (text/emailed) word doesn't always reflect the intended meaning, but it never "takes it out of context".

unfortunately Rough we are going the route of the biggest whiners get what they want.

TeddyKGB