News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Central Section Coaching Openings 2024

Started by ironman45, November 16, 2023, 03:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtshark1 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

tru guru

Quote from: Cristobal on April 11, 2024, 10:40:26 AMFrom Hughes to Arax doesn't seem like a perfect fit (new school/old school) but i'm excited to see it and good luck!

I'm also excited to see what lame-ass nickname Bullard uses for its offense, "Fig Garden Airlines" is my best guess.

"Knight Flight", lol

BigDawg79

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 11, 2024, 09:27:04 AMI read on X today that his son will start school at CVC, perhaps part of the package is free tuition?

I know that all staff get a significant discount on their children's tuition, so he very well may have worked that out as part of his employment.

He's being introduced as the new HC to the football players and families tonight at the school.  Looks like things are moving quickly.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 11, 2024, 10:52:41 AMDo they have a new OC/Head guy that is a self professed offensive guru?
Yes. They hired the Clovis West offensive coordinator who couldn't figure out how to run an offense with 3 D1 receivers. If he wasn't busy rotating quarterbacks they were just taking deep shots.

Darth Backer

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 11, 2024, 01:53:08 PMYes. They hired the Clovis West offensive coordinator who couldn't figure out how to run an offense with 3 D1 receivers. If he wasn't busy rotating quarterbacks they were just taking deep shots.

The real downfall was the complete inability to run the ball vs. constant 7man boxes...

guru09

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 12, 2024, 10:09:41 AMThe real downfall was the complete inability to run the ball vs. constant 7man boxes...

This is true, but that's only part of the "downfall", and I'll leave it at that...

knightsrule04

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 11, 2024, 09:45:07 AMIf they haven't already, is Bullard about to take a huge step back like Edison has? At least Bullard's baseball program is still amongst the elite in the section & the basketball program is competitive & could have a year or two where they compete for a D1 championship.
I mean...I hope not, obviously. I think there's enough that we won't see an immediate drop-off in football, and with some neighborhood turnover around the Bullard area (younger families moving in, including, from what I've heard, former Bullard athletes and their kids) I think we'll be OK.

FWIW, I'll throw in that softball is still up there at the top of the section annually as well (19 DI VC game, 20 had a chance to win it, 22 DII title, 23 DI VC game). Coach Maxey actually just won her 500th game as head coach, and there's some good talent in the pipeline.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

knightsrule04

Quote from: Cristobal on April 11, 2024, 10:40:26 AMFrom Hughes to Arax doesn't seem like a perfect fit (new school/old school) but i'm excited to see it and good luck!

I'm also excited to see what lame-ass nickname Bullard uses for its offense, "Fig Garden Airlines" is my best guess.

Well...it was a Bullard legend who quarterbacked Fresno State's "Air Fresno" in the mid-80s, so I don't think "Air Fig" would be out of the question.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: knightsrule04 on April 13, 2024, 04:32:55 PMI mean...I hope not, obviously. I think there's enough that we won't see an immediate drop-off in football, and with some neighborhood turnover around the Bullard area (younger families moving in, including, from what I've heard, former Bullard athletes and their kids) I think we'll be OK.

FWIW, I'll throw in that softball is still up there at the top of the section annually as well (19 DI VC game, 20 had a chance to win it, 22 DII title, 23 DI VC game). Coach Maxey actually just won her 500th game as head coach, and there's some good talent in the pipeline.
Definitely. Forgot about softball too.

ironman45

Independence(Bako) is open per pagmeter

ironman45

I just saw head job for Tranquility posted on Edjoin...can someone confirm if the job is indeed available?

Coach Gutierrez

Quote from: ironman45 on April 16, 2024, 09:24:06 AMI just saw head job for Tranquility posted on Edjoin...can someone confirm if the job is indeed available?
I might be wrong but I believe they open it every year.

ironman45

Quote from: Coach Gutierrez on April 16, 2024, 07:38:03 PMI might be wrong but I believe they open it every year.

from what I understand I believe they do. I thinks it's absolutely a weird circumstance of formality but I just wanted to make sure. They review coaches every year, so you have to apply again for your position.

ironman45

ironman45

per Pagmeters website: Foothill is open

Woodrow

Dos Palos is open according to EdJoin

ironman45

Quote from: Woodrow on April 30, 2024, 12:26:50 PMDos Palos is open according to EdJoin

wow, they just went to a section game! anyone have info on this?? I would assume that have someone in house??

Raw Dawg Sports

Bud Kilmer

Has anyone else heard anything about Golla being out at Garces? I feel like this would come out as massive news.

TeddyKGB

I heard earlier this morning but do not have details as to what happened, just that he is no longer at garces.

TeddyKGB