News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

WAAAAYYYY TOO EARLY TOP 10

Started by Raw Dawg Sports, April 11, 2024, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw Dawg Sports

1) CE
2) Frontier
3) Central
4) Liberty
5) Clovis
6) Clovis North
7) Sanger
8) Hanford
9) Clovis West
10) St Joe

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Raw Dawg Sports on April 11, 2024, 02:07:43 PM1) CE
2) Frontier
3) Central
4) Liberty
5) Clovis
6) Clovis North
7) Sanger
8) Hanford
9) Clovis West
10) St Joe

Top 6 are solid. I wouldn't put them in that order but I agree that those look like the best teams in the valley next year. We can revisit after the transfers settle.

TeddyKGB

I wasn't sold on Frontier last year and I am not sold on them now. With a new coach I am not sure exactly how Liberty will fare, it will be a little different coaching against TRAC schools, Santa Margarita than it was Delano Ridgeview, Mira Monte, East, South and West. I agree with Timmy...top 6 just not that order.

Darth Backer

Quote from: Raw Dawg Sports on April 11, 2024, 02:07:43 PM1) CE
2) Frontier
3) Central
4) Liberty
5) Clovis
6) Clovis North
7) Sanger
8) Hanford
9) Clovis West
10) St Joe

CN brings back both of those monster RBs, don't see them being this low. Hanford bascially didn't lose anyone and they have been getting new transfers in daily with the changes at Lemoore, CVC and SJM it may be even more.

izne1home

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 11, 2024, 02:25:52 PMWe can revisit after the transfers settle.

I never thought I'd live to see the day...

Cristobal

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 11, 2024, 02:30:25 PMCN brings back both of those monster RBs, don't see them being this low. Hanford bascially didn't lose anyone and they have been getting new transfers in daily with the changes at Lemoore, CVC and SJM it may be even more.

I agree, I got CE/CN/Hanford as my top 3.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 11, 2024, 02:30:25 PMCN brings back both of those monster RBs, don't see them being this low.

this is what I was thinking as well.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 11, 2024, 03:22:12 PMthis is what I was thinking as well.

Me too. Plus Madsen is so underrated defensively. He will anchor that D next year. I expect better play at QB for the Broncos next year too. I think you've got to knock out the champ. Until someone beats them they are my number one. Clovis East has a lot of guys coming in and Miller is really dynamic. Their problem is keeping points off the board. Hard to win championships without a strong D. Maybe they'll improve there, but I wouldn't give them number one over CN.

Darth Backer

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 11, 2024, 04:02:33 PMMe too. Plus Madsen is so underrated defensively. He will anchor that D next year. I expect better play at QB for the Broncos next year too. I think you've got to knock out the champ. Until someone beats them they are my number one. Clovis East has a lot of guys coming in and Miller is really dynamic. Their problem is keeping points off the board. Hard to win championships without a strong D. Maybe they'll improve there, but I wouldn't give them number one over CN.

He's really impressive. Wild to see a kid that big playing up on the hash as a safety. I imagine he'll bulk up just a bit and play LB at the next level.

I'd think something like this:

1.) Clovis North
2.) Clovis East
3.) Central
4.) Hanford
5.) Liberty
6.) Clovis
7.) St. Joe's
8.) Frontier
9.) Clovis West
10.) Lemoore/Sanger

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 12, 2024, 08:50:15 AMI'd think something like this:
1.) Clovis North
2.) Clovis East
3.) Central
4.) Hanford
5.) Liberty
6.) Clovis
7.) St. Joe's
8.) Frontier
9.) Clovis West
10.) Lemoore/Sanger

this looks a close, Frontier is not a top 5 team.

Sixtynine

Only doing top 7 cause I don't have enough info yet. Lots of transfers have happened/are planning to happen. Some have been talked about and some aren't publicly out there yet. Many more are set to happen. When the dust settles, I think CE, Clovis, CN, and Bullard will be the biggest beneficiaries in the transfer area. Of course, some families may not actually go through with these decisions so we will have to wait and see. I'm sure some Bakersfield schools will do well in the transfer portal too, I just haven't heard those names yet. This list WILL BE revised sometime during summer after I see the teams in person and talk to coaches, but right now my WAY TOO EARLY would be:

1. Clovis East-- Returns QB, top WR, top RBs. Plethora of OL/DL transfers with also some skill guys coming in from elsewhere.

2. Clovis North-- RB room is amongst the best in the state. Lost QB, top WR, and many OL starters. Many key contributors on defense are also gone, but JV team was pretty good to help fill gaps. Still one of the teams to beat

3. Central-- Program has been building towards this season and next season. The talent on this team is sick. Let's see how the pieces fit. Need to figure out the QB situation.

4. Liberty-- I feel like this could be a little high with a new coach. I still think they have good talent, but this is more of a nod to the program overall.

5. Clovis-- *Most talented* QB in the section. Have been trending up the last two years.

6. Frontier

7. Hanford
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

hardhitter23

1 I have East cause of what they return and what they bring in.

2 Central has the most talent in the section and someone said North JV was strong. I believe Coach Haynes put 50 running clock on them at half. QB spot is a question; however I have heard QBs are coming in as usual 

3 Clovis - The young kids are starting to take over and they have transfers.

4 Clovis North lost a lot, I mean A LOT but them playing keep away will get them far

5 Hanford They return everyone just dont put them in big boy football, they arent ready and can compete

I have Frontier like 9 cause of their schedule again, but they arent very good. A bunch of smoke and mirrors. Put them in the TRAC they go 4-6

TeddyKGB

Quote from: hardhitter23 on April 12, 2024, 02:46:51 PMI have Frontier like 9 cause of their schedule again, but they arent very good. A bunch of smoke and mirrors. Put them in the TRAC they go 4-6

Frontier has some changes to their nonleague schedule (per MaxPreps)

Paso Robles (2-8)
Liberty-Brentwood (7-3)
Clovis (8-4)
Highland Gilbert, AZ. (9-3 State Rank 5)
SJ Memorial (3-7)
Highland Bakersfield (3-8)

Giving the benefit of the doubt maybe when the added SJM they where a much better team. Having teams like Highland (Bakersfield) and Paso Robles will not have them battle tested for a real run in the playoffs.

hardhitter23

So with that schedule they are trying to make a D1 run right?

AZ football to CA football come on Teddy you know lol

Liberty Brentwood- I will give them that one for playing up.

Clovis High is going to beat them. Put that in now but again give them that for playing up

SJM they saw how that team was last year and that contract was picked up this year after SJM dropped all their D1 opponents.

Highland has been bad and D4 for about 20 years lol

Paso Robles hasnt been good since the early 2000s

I dont believe in Frontier. They are better and heading the right direction but they are no true top 10 

Cristobal

At the very least you have to give it to Frontier and CE for having the foresight to schedule these cupcake out of state games with ranked opponents. It gives a huge bump to the in state rankings for them.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: hardhitter23 on April 12, 2024, 02:46:51 PM1 I have East cause of what they return and what they bring in.

2 Central has the most talent in the section and someone said North JV was strong. I believe Coach Haynes put 50 running clock on them at half. QB spot is a question; however I have heard QBs are coming in as usual 

3 Clovis - The young kids are starting to take over and they have transfers.

4 Clovis North lost a lot, I mean A LOT but them playing keep away will get them far

5 Hanford They return everyone just dont put them in big boy football, they arent ready and can compete

I have Frontier like 9 cause of their schedule again, but they arent very good. A bunch of smoke and mirrors. Put them in the TRAC they go 4-6

Clovis North loses Bitter, which is huge. Other than that everyone coming up will be just as good if not better than who they are replacing. Keep sleeping on the broncos. They will control the clock with the running game again and will be fine on defense. They will be tough to beat.

anthilllegend

Since kids no longer stay and play for their community schools...and roam around like free agents. The Anthilllegend has re-designated each team (in the Raw Dawgs Top 10).

#1 The South-East Clovis Football Faction (T-Wolves)
#2 The Titan Football Alliance of Bakersfield (Frontier)
#3 The Greater Central Football Consortium (The Griz)
#4 The Liberty ATFC Organization (American Tackle Football Club)
#5 The Ole Clovis Football Group (Cougars)
#6 The Associated Collective of Bronco Players (CN)
#7 The Affiliation of Sanger-Banger Football
#8 The Kings County Football Guild (Hanford)
#9 The Emerald City Gridiron Amalgamation (CW)
#10 The Coastal Range Football Union (St Joe's)

These names are a better representation of what we actually have in our interscholastic sports programs.  Clubs....not teams.

The Anthilllegend

TeddyKGB

Hardhitter I believe you may have misunderstood, I was not stating that Frontier beefed up their schedule they just changed it from the prior year. Maybe you didn't see where I said that giving them the benefit of the doubt that the add SJM when they where still a good D1 team.  Last fall their nonleague games where:

North
Bakersfield
Bullard
Hanford
Independence
Ridgeview

The only upgrade to that schedule is Clovis, the only two team that where over .500 where Bakersfield (6-5) and Hanford (9-2). This years schedule didn't really improve but again maybe it was set before there was a shift in the talent, izne has been notorious for making that mistake with gentlemen's clubs.  I Don't believe Frontier is a top 10 team but they are still in the lower portion, 7 or so.

hardhitter23

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 13, 2024, 10:14:42 AMClovis North loses Bitter, which is huge. Other than that everyone coming up will be just as good if not better than who they are replacing. Keep sleeping on the broncos. They will control the clock with the running game again and will be fine on defense. They will be tough to beat.

until they see De La Salle or the other teams that throw harder haymakers LOL. North had the games swing in their favor last year. I went and looked at their schedule last season and 7 of those games could of went either way. The benefited. Hopefully the same success comes to them again and the coin flip is in their favor

Timmy Winn

Quote from: hardhitter23 on April 15, 2024, 02:57:53 PMuntil they see De La Salle or the other teams that throw harder haymakers LOL. North had the games swing in their favor last year. I went and looked at their schedule last season and 7 of those games could of went either way. The benefited. Hopefully the same success comes to them again and the coin flip is in their favor
The DLS game was embarrassing. I hope it motivated the guys coming back.

Timmy Winn