News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

WAAAAYYYY TOO EARLY TOP 10

Started by Raw Dawg Sports, April 11, 2024, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Backer

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 15, 2024, 07:53:56 PMThe DLS game was embarrassing. I hope it motivated the guys coming back.

I'd argue that the DLS game wasn't a bit embarrassing for Clovis North because they got that far...

It was super embarrassing for the Central Section because no one could figure out how to defend them they way that DLS did.

All this spread offense has gotten everyone soft...

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 16, 2024, 08:57:30 AMAll this spread offense has gotten everyone soft...

This is absolutely the case. The thing I find funny is the inconsistency of coaches saying kids are soft and spoiled and then turn around and cater to them. You can't have a run heavy  offense because supposedly the "athletes" will leave.

CWClassof2007

Losing to De La Salle? What's that like?

TeddyKGB

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 16, 2024, 10:14:56 AMLosing to De La Salle? What's that like?

my guess is that it's much like losing to The Bakersfield High Drillers at Griffith by way of a 38 yard FG as time expires.

Raw Dawg Sports

The rumor was that Jacot applied for the Liberty job + a few others. If that's the case, I wonder why he would want leave CN? 🤔

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 16, 2024, 10:27:57 AMmy guess is that it's much like losing to The Bakersfield High Drillers at Griffith by way of a 38 yard FG as time expires.

No, losing to DLS is tough, but for most, expected.  All you can hope for is that you made them earn it.

Losing to BHS by a field goal is like this:

CWClassof2007

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 16, 2024, 10:27:57 AMmy guess is that it's much like losing to The Bakersfield High Drillers at Griffith by way of a 38 yard FG as time expires.
Wasn't on that team. Wouldn't know.

hardhitter23

I believe that a CE or even a Central would of matched up better than CN. You know like they say the right boxer or fitting their style. CN played into what DLS does. Where CE and Central would of also put them in space. I am not saying they would of won, but I think it would of been a different game than what North showed and the excuses they got for it. Everyone keeps saying beat up. Maybe I missed something because North could of lost to East twice , Central had them and CW the first time. The ball rolled in their favor and they took advantage of the situation.

Darth Backer

Quote from: hardhitter23 on April 17, 2024, 12:30:35 AMI believe that a CE or even a Central would of matched up better than CN. You know like they say the right boxer or fitting their style. CN played into what DLS does. Where CE and Central would of also put them in space. I am not saying they would of won, but I think it would of been a different game than what North showed and the excuses they got for it. Everyone keeps saying beat up. Maybe I missed something because North could of lost to East twice , Central had them and CW the first time. The ball rolled in their favor and they took advantage of the situation.

That's the nature of smashmouth football, a lot of low scoring tight games. Gotta play good defense since you're fresh after that offense took 12 plays to score. Games will stay close with the CN style but the better team at the tangibles typically wins: can you block and tackle?

I fully understand why spread is so popular, coaches believe they can make up for inadequecies in certain areas.

izne1home

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 17, 2024, 10:04:58 AMThat's the nature of smashmouth football, a lot of low scoring tight games. Gotta play good defense since you're fresh after that offense took 12 plays to score. Games will stay close with the CN style but the better team at the tangibles typically wins: can you block and tackle?

I fully understand why spread is so popular, coaches believe they can make up for inadequecies in certain areas.

Amen

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 17, 2024, 10:04:58 AMI fully understand why spread is so popular, coaches believe they can make up for inadequecies in certain areas.

Its odd because I would think its exactly the opposite, in running the spread there are a couple things that it seems are musts: OL must be ale to pass protect tp protect the QB, QB & WRs must be able to read defense to recognize blitz and know who the hot route is. WRs have to be good route runners.

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 17, 2024, 11:35:35 AMIts odd because I would think its exactly the opposite, in running the spread there are a couple things that it seems are musts: OL must be ale to pass protect tp protect the QB, QB & WRs must be able to read defense to recognize blitz and know who the hot route is. WRs have to be good route runners.

I may have jumped the gun with my 'amen.'  I was thinking of the 3-Card Monte Wing T. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on April 17, 2024, 11:59:32 AMI may have jumped the gun with my 'amen.'  I was thinking of the 3-Card Monte Wing T. 

There is nothing wrong with the Wing T

Darth Backer

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 17, 2024, 11:35:35 AMIts odd because I would think its exactly the opposite, in running the spread there are a couple things that it seems are musts: OL must be ale to pass protect tp protect the QB, QB & WRs must be able to read defense to recognize blitz and know who the hot route is. WRs have to be good route runners.

Key words "coaches believe"

I don't think it's true. Sometimes after you have faced really high quality spread teams with great athletes, it's downright laughable with teams with no speed line up in spread.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on April 17, 2024, 01:52:45 PMKey words "coaches believe"

I don't think it's true. Sometimes after you have faced really high quality spread teams with great athletes, it's downright laughable with teams with no speed line up in spread.

you're right! It's borderline pathetic that coaches are so delusional as to believe that they can "coach up" kids with out the athleticism or speed...or a QB with an arm like a wet noddle... izne can relate to the uselessness of a wet noddle

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 17, 2024, 12:31:48 PMThere is nothing wrong with the Wing T

Photo of Clovis East OC diagramming the double-wing outside a Tim Murphy seminar. 

izne1home