News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

SWYL Week 6

Started by Sonny Crockett, October 05, 2015, 05:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny Crockett

Bakersfield at Garces-BHS 45-14; Garces is counting down the days till they are back in the SEYL

Centennial at Stockdale- CHS 32-16; Should be close at half but Centennial will pull away after halftime

Frontier at Liberty- LHS 27-26; Going to be a close one and I wouldn't be surprised if Cornford pulled it off

I believe that we will probably see a 3-way tie for the league title this year with Centennial beating BHS, BHS beating Liberty and Liberty beating Centennial.

Van Smack

Quote from: Sonny Crockett on October 05, 2015, 05:30:44 PM
Bakersfield at Garces-BHS 45-14; Garces is counting down the days till they are back in the SEYL

Centennial at Stockdale- CHS 32-16; Should be close at half but Centennial will pull away after halftime

Frontier at Liberty- LHS 27-26; Going to be a close one and I wouldn't be surprised if Cornford pulled it off

I believe that we will probably see a 3-way tie for the league title this year with Centennial beating BHS, BHS beating Liberty and Liberty beating Centennial.

I saw Tulare Union run up and down the field on both the Drillers (scrimmage) and Rams (week 1) earlier in the year. I don't think these teams are that far apart, I think this is a much closer game than you predict Clone. Drillers 35-27

Centennial is better up front than Stockdale. Centennial 28-13

Coming into the year all the pub was about Liberty, and how veteran their o line was. Well they forgot to mention that they lost all 4 back end players on Defense and 3 of those guys are now playing at D1 schools. Boy how they miss Mariscol, Katsantonis and B Scott. Frontier with the upset...34-28
Have a take, and make sure it doesn't suck!

TeddyKGB

Bakersfield at garces: BHS 35-7 , the Drillers get back to winning at least for this week

Centennial at Stockdale: Centennial wins this one late, Lack of depth and experience will cost Stockdale the game again. Centennial 35-28

Frontier at Liberty: Liberty 28- 24.

mw1

BHS wins 35 - 24:  Garces' best athletes will be in their secondary on defense... and, even though the BHS QB should have more time to throw than he has had in past games, his accuracy will be key to completing passes vs throwing interceptions. 

Centennial wins 28 - 17:  Stockdale has one play-maker (#22), and Centennial has 4 or 5.  Centennials defense allowed 1/2 the points vs Clovis than Stockdale's did... Stockdale will have difficulty scoring.

Frontier wins 35 - 28:  This will be a battle... and should clarify a lot of questions surrounding the status of Liberty's football team this year.  I pick Frontier based on their performance against Ridgeview.

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Forceuser

Bakersfield at Garces: Garces with the upset of the Year.  The loss Friday will effect the Drillers more than people think.

Centennial at Stockdale: Centennial in a close one

Frontier at Liberty: I have watched Frontier, but have not got a chance to watch Liberty.  I love what they are doing at Frontier with their offense.  I'm going with Frontier.  Don't know why...and really cant give any reasons.  But that's my choice. 
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

quickness

Bakersfield at Garces: BHS rolls

Centennial at Stockdale: Centennial with the late win. 

Frontier at Liberty: Frontier wins because of turnovers.  Liberty is just too careless with the ball.

BHS Fan

BHS wins 42 - 14

Centennial wins 28 - 21

Liberty wins 28 - 24

hardhitter23

Bakersfield at Garces-

Centennial at Stockdale-

Frontier at Liberty-

flexmac3

Quote from: hardhitter23 on October 07, 2015, 05:22:14 PM
Bakersfield at Garces-

Centennial at Stockdale-

Frontier at Liberty-
agee

TeddyKGB

I think the best game will be Liberty-Frontier. Coming off the BYE week Liberty should be well rested, but could be rusty, Frontier hasn't played anyone worth mentioning since they played Ridgeview. They have beat West (3-2), Indy (2-3), Golden Valley (3-2) and Central (1-4) not really impressive wins but they are winning. Liberty had a bunch of turnovers against CC, and played Ridgeview tough but couldn't contain their athletes (not many teams would be able to). The more I think about this one I think it will come down to a big stop on defense or who has the ball last.

Van Smack

Quote from: Van Smack on October 05, 2015, 08:44:58 PM
I saw Tulare Union run up and down the field on both the Drillers (scrimmage) and Rams (week 1) earlier in the year. I don't think these teams are that far apart, I think this is a much closer game than you predict Clone. Drillers 35-27

Centennial is better up front than Stockdale. Centennial 28-13

Coming into the year all the pub was about Liberty, and how veteran their o line was. Well they forgot to mention that they lost all 4 back end players on Defense and 3 of those guys are now playing at D1 schools. Boy how they miss Mariscol, Katsantonis and B Scott. Frontier with the upset...34-28

Was way off on Frontier score, but the other 2 were right on. Teddy and the rest of you Clones better recognize
Have a take, and make sure it doesn't suck!

taysdad

didn't see the game...but was reading notes from trevor horn. liberty had 9 plays of 20+ yards. wow! sounded like a totally different team tonight. where's this been all season?

mw1

Quote from: Van Smack on October 09, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
Was way off on Frontier score, but the other 2 were right on. Teddy and the rest of you Clones better recognize

I, too, was way off on Frontier.  With Liberty, where their QB goes, their team goes... and he came out of the blocks firing on all cylinders.  After several weeks of inconsistent QB performance, Liberty appears to be back in the mix.

As for BHS, I also predicted a close one.. and was not wrong.  I knew that with the two, big OL blockers out, BHS was not going to be that strong (lots of big yardage gains called back for BHS OL holding calls).  The thing that did surprise me at this game was the low attendance in the stands for such a big rivalry (both sides).  Too bad.. Because it was a god game to watch.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

mw1