News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Tee Sheppard head to Union

Started by DEE, June 11, 2011, 10:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEE

ft2007

As the revolving door turns.............

Loyal14u

What is going on over there at Central??
I perdict if CQ doesn't win this yr he is out!!!
I have heard many times he has pissed off everyone there and they only got 3 home games this yr....

izne1home

Quote from: Loyal14u on June 12, 2011, 11:34:36 AM
What is going on over there at Central??
I perdict if CQ doesn't win this yr he is out!!!
I have heard many times he has pissed off everyone there and they only got 3 home games this yr....

The schedule is a little baffling.  Is that Quinn or the AD?  Or both?

I'm not sure what the temperature is over there, but I would tend to agree that the 2011 season could be a turning point, one way or the other.  If it doesn't work out, the easy thing to do (and the thing that will probably happen) is that Quinn will take the heat.  He will be the scapegoat for everything that's gone wrong.  He'll be replaced and the next guy will suffer the same fate. 

Central is a unique community.  Maybe they need a Central guy to come back and take over - rather than a bunch of CW transplants who don't get it.  Maybe Central Unified needs to find it's own identity.   

Coach9

With all the top notch football minds at Central, Robert Griffth, Bogdanovich, etc. in  admin positions, I don't get the problems? That school is a sleeping giant, it hasn't even touched the real possibilities it has. They need some discipline and a no BS guy in charge.

Just_A_Fan

Was sitting with some Central folks last night at the Fresno State camp and coach Quinn was not overly popular, and it's apparently a personality and demeanor thing not a win-loss thing....some of the things said where certainly scratch your head type things....though you have to take things with a grain of salt as there is typically more than one side to things.

izne1home

Quote from: Coach Hurd on June 12, 2011, 11:49:01 AM
With all the top notch football minds at Central, Robert Griffth, Bogdanovich, etc. in  admin positions, I don't get the problems?
That school is a sleeping giant, it hasn't even touched the real possibilities it has. They need some discipline and a no BS guy in charge.

The school is so large, and there is so much movement in and out, with so many high profile athletes, I think Central has lost its identity and the sense of pride some of their opponents have.  Outside of the school colors and the name, today's Central Grizzlies bear no resemblance to the Central Grizzlies of the past.  

I'm not sure it's a problem anyone should expect Casey Quinn to fix.  

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on June 12, 2011, 11:50:39 AM
Was sitting with some Central folks last night at the Fresno State camp and coach Quinn was not overly popular, and it's apparently a personality and demeanor thing not a win-loss thing....some of the things said where certainly scratch your head type things....though you have to take things with a grain of salt as there is typically more than one side to things.
I am not really surprised to see that. He is one of those people where you either love them or hate them. I personally thought he was one of the best coaches on the Clovis West campus during my time  there and that is saying something. I hope everything works out and if not I don't see him having trouble getting a job elsewhere.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 12, 2011, 12:55:55 PM
I am not really surprised to see that. He is one of those people where you either love them or hate them. I personally thought he was one of the best coaches on the Clovis West campus during my time  there and that is saying something. I hope everything works out and if not I don't see him having trouble getting a job elsewhere.

Hope I didn't sound like I was stating facts as I was only relaying a reaction from some Central families....my son went to camps where coach Quinn worked with him, and he really like the coach.  Outside of that, don't have an opinion about coach Quinn.

grizzlies86

Quote from: izne1home on June 12, 2011, 12:02:28 PM
The school is so large, and there is so much movement in and out, with so many high profile athletes, I think Central has lost its identity and the sense of pride some of their opponents have.  Outside of the school colors and the name, today's Central Grizzlies bear no resemblance to the Central Grizzlies of the past.  

Inze I couldn't agree with you more on your statements unfortunately Central is to big with to many big egos instead of the close net family we use to be. IMO some of the sports programs need to get rid of that burnt orange color and stick to the original orange and black.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on June 12, 2011, 01:59:31 PM
Hope I didn't sound like I was stating facts as I was only relaying a reaction from some Central families....my son went to camps where coach Quinn worked with him, and he really like the coach.  Outside of that, don't have an opinion about coach Quinn.

No matter what you meant what I said is still true.

Quinntheeskimo

IceL

Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

IceL

I heard the reason why Tee left CHS was because he wants to graduate early from High School so he can start at Notre Dame in the spring.
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

IceL

Quote from: izne1home on June 12, 2011, 11:44:00 AM
The schedule is a little baffling.  Is that Quinn or the AD?  Or both?

I'm not sure what the temperature is over there, but I would tend to agree that the 2011 season could be a turning point, one way or the other.  If it doesn't work out, the easy thing to do (and the thing that will probably happen) is that Quinn will take the heat.  He will be the scapegoat for everything that's gone wrong.  He'll be replaced and the next guy will suffer the same fate. 

Central is a unique community.  Maybe they need a Central guy to come back and take over - rather than a bunch of CW transplants who don't get it.  Maybe Central Unified needs to find it's own identity.   

The reason for the 3 home games this year is because Chaparral dropped Central off there schedule after the grizzlies kicked the crap out of them last season, so Chaparral paid Central $2,500 to buyout of the contract (Would have been central's 1st home game of the season)... Central was able to schedule Palo Verdes & they wanted them to go down south for that game, I don't know the story to why Palo Verdes wants the game down south.

good #2

Quote from: Coach Hurd on June 12, 2011, 11:49:01 AM
With all the top notch football minds at Central, Robert Griffth, Bogdanovich, etc. in  admin positions, I don't get the problems? That school is a sleeping giant, it hasn't even touched the real possibilities it has. They need some discipline and a no BS guy in charge.

Just a point of clarification....Bogdanovich retired one year ago.  Since that Central has had 2 different AD's plus Gambrell.

Quote from: izne1home on June 12, 2011, 12:02:28 PM

Being a head coach is far different than being an assistant...much more PR involved.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 13, 2011, 06:11:23 AM
So he petitions for ACADEMIC HARDSHIP, cant wait till Crichlow gets this one. 

Just because you all hear "SOMEONE IS Transferring" doesnt mean someone is transferring.

Im not the guy that ENFORCES the rules, Im just a guy that KNOWS WHAT THE RULES ARE.  Im not Crichlow(although sometimes I wish I were) because the CIF CANNOT SELECTIVELY enforce rules, or INTERPRET THE RULES differently from case to case, or the RULES themselves are WORTHLESS.

Just because some kid wants to graduate early is NOT, i repeat NOT an academic hardship.  If he allows this one to go through, might be the first time in history someone transferred TOO WU, claiming their current schools academics are WORSE than WU's.  Is Centrals Academics that bad?(yes, i know the answer, they arent, but i wanted to be tongue in cheek here) 

Based on a DIRECT INTERPRETATION of the RUles, he should NOT allow this move.  However, interpretations of the rules always seem to be different every time.  Maybe he can use the 'SAFETY CLAUSE" that I heard was used by a current high level athletic double transfer that went back to his original school  Did I hear that someone felt their safety threatened at Central, so they went back to Edison?  I couldnt help myself laughing when i heard that one.

Both of those "hardship" cases should be denied.....they are both a lie and everyone knows it. 

izne1home

Quote from: good #2 on June 13, 2011, 06:56:35 AM
Being a head coach is far different than being an assistant...much more PR involved.

Agreed 100%.  HC's are the face of the program and set the tone. 

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 13, 2011, 06:11:23 AM
......the CIF CANNOT SELECTIVELY enforce rules, or INTERPRET THE RULES differently from case to case......

Where have you been lately??  This is what happens in EVERY case!!   ;)

bigfan

Not a comfortable situation for ALL of them.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

bigfan

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.